PDA

View Full Version : Witch orb in mausoleum too irritating?

Icarusflame
05-06-2019, 10:06 AM
Hi dev, thank you so much for this great game.

I have a question, is it possible to make those witch purple orbs on mauso somehow penetrable? Cuz when its proc its like disable most of weapon proc ( i mean getting useless)

I have several test on :
- glint aegis : proc dmg insanely lowered n do barely 20-30 dmg only
- ebon sword : same in this weapon ( really?), The DoT is barely do any dmg
- ebon bow : same like sword, proc dmg barely do nothings

I guess its affect any other weapon also ( besides ebon aegis proc i guess)

Its hard when soloing or even on pt with those bunch of witch spamming the orbs.

Thank you very nuchh :)

slaaayerrr
05-06-2019, 10:37 AM
mages can freeze witch or stun before that orb appears (oh im sorry i forgot that all pve mages gone cheap ways and lost their skill and running in full set with autoattacks, shield and heal)
rogues can just rush and kill (nobody cancelled charged autoattack to stun)
tanks? are they supposed to kill? i've thought they should tanking and taking agro

btw: procs of terror blade (vortex damaging well even if warrior's dmg debuffed), dread bow doesnt affected by that orb (need just 1 proc to witch and she loosing like 3/4 her hp), mages can just use something with banish (immo staff, arc gun 66) and i guess arc staff lvl66 can damage too... spirit weapons procs dont affected also by that orb

if shortly: dont see any problems here

Icarusflame
05-06-2019, 11:07 AM
really appreciate ur comment. thank you very much :)

but from your statement there are problem that been found :

1. if Tb proc or dread bow proc doesnt affected, then why such new brand weapon as ebon could be affected. im sure people prefered ebon bow than used dread for mauso :). it should be not unaffected too for several weapon for a fair mechanics.

2. yes i see ur points. mage i have no comments since i dont use it for mauso. but if rogue n tank, as rogue u cant just snipe that dam witch on bunch of mobs gathering around. ( not only that, there is bunch of slow n stuns from giants n mage). makes u late for snipe n bam, ur dmg do nothings.

as a tank, not all people can afford tb, lets not forget there are many players or random besides tank who use other weapon for mauso (example like tainted or others).

3. ur statement only works if u have good pt and have all weapon that ur mentioned. but lets no blind, not all peeps can afford it or always have a good pt. im not a new player who played mauso only one or 3 months. even with several ebon players on same maps sometimes its just too hard to not die more than 3 times on that witch combo on bunch of mobs gathering. just shared n talks from my experience.

slaaayerrr
05-06-2019, 11:46 AM
really appreciate ur comment. thank you very much :)

but from your statement there are problem that been found :

1. if Tb proc or dread bow proc doesnt affected, then why such new brand weapon as ebon could be affected. im sure people prefered ebon bow than used dread for mauso :)

2. yes i see ur points. mage i have no comments since i dont use it for mauso. but if rogue n tank, as rogue u cant just snipe that dam witch on bunch of mobs gathering around. ( not only that, there is bunch of slow n stuns from giants n mage). makes u late for snipe n bam, ur dmg do nothings.

as a tank, not all people can afford tb, lets not forget there are many players or random besides tank who use other weapon for mauso (example like tainted or others).

3. ur statement only works if u have good pt and have all weapon that ur mentioned. but lets no blind, not all peeps can afford it or always have a good pt. im not a new player who played mauso only one or 3 months. even with several ebon players on same maps sometimes its just too hard to not die more than 3 times on that witch combo on bunch of mobs gathering. just shared n talks from my experience.

1. ebon reflects doesnt affected (daggs aegis staff)
2. i can! its u cant
3. more skilled/expierenced and more geared = faster and better runs. just leave maus and go esg if need spamming buttons and easy map, btw esg gives more than maus (as some people tell)

slaaayerrr
05-06-2019, 12:05 PM
idk really why need to write soo much
original party: warrior 2 rogues 1 mage (or 2mages 1rog doesnt matter)
warrior run 1st and take witch's argo and getting debuff (if rogues and mages VERY slow and cant kill before it debuffs warr), rogue and mages kill it, what can be easier lol
as i noticed - witch never debuff all players at once, it takes long time that 2-3 witches will debuff all party

marzeg
05-06-2019, 01:05 PM
It's not irritating, in any way I believe that it's fun and adds more initiative to farming and actions that you have to make.

Just like how there are abilities you have to be on guard for such as Aimshot and Curse, you have ways to counter them if they appear.

Witches in a way give mages and rogues a purpose other than just running in blindly and attacking any and everything without care.
If you want the maus farm to run more smoothly you would know what the witches ability can do and with that knowledge it's pretty easy to conclude on whether or not the witch is something that needs to die first or not.

I don't want this to change, infact if maus ever gets an expansion I hope they implement more enemies that have abilities similar to the witch which are able to greatly debuff and affect/slow down players map progression if they aren't dealt with early on.