flashbackflip
12-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Hi guys!

Here to tell you about new (well, mb not for everyone) scamming scheme

It goes like this:

1) dude sells 100 Stims for 500 creds

2) u think he got them from friends or guild and agree

3) he puts 100 mana instead of stims and confirms trade / you put 500 creds

4) the last moment he cancels confirmation (removing potions) and then instantly confirms again

5) you also confirm and suddenly see that you just gave 500 creds to the dude.. For nothing..

That's how i lost some cash

I know, i should have been more attentive, but its already quite late here (or i'd say even early))

Thus, i precaution you - BE ATTENTIVE please

P.S.
I'm still quite new on forums and don't know all the ethics, so i ask you if it is ok to name this person? Or the scheme description is enough?

Peace. Take care

javier995
12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
People do this even when they buy things. Be careful when selling or buying. Always triple check at the final confirmation screen.

Blind
12-07-2011, 07:08 PM
you gotta be a total idiot to fall into that. The trade system has 2 confirmation stages. You can't just remove stuff and then quickly confirm. If someone does that then everything is gonna be reset and you will have to confirm again.

It's impossible to scam like this basicaly.

And about calling people out...
Well it's arguable, sometimes you can, but usually u shouldn't. Depends on a situation.

SuRfY
12-07-2011, 07:08 PM
this kind of scam is very common. i encountered this kind of scam first in maplestory. Seller put the original item in and u put the money in. Seller demands that you settle the deal fast or the deal will fall. Seller put original item then quickly replace it with a lousy item and u click the confirmation, thinking the lousy item is actually the original item. (this is a variation; hope no one falls for this)

flashbackflip
12-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanx for sharing, guys! Now i feel myself a bit less stupid)

Blind, sure i'm a lobster to fall into this)) but it's 4:24 am and i'm just sleepy...

BodMaster
12-07-2011, 07:20 PM
I wouldnt call someone out in the forums just bad form in total. PM Sam or more likely get hold of support at least they will get their comeuppance :)

You all know it i know but its support(at)spacetimestudios.com (at) = @

DanielRH
12-07-2011, 07:28 PM
What Bodmaster said :-)

And blind... seriously man was that neccesary? Could be a tad bit nicer :-)

Ihavenokills
12-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't see that its very necessary to go into details about a scam... Your not just telling people for defense, your giving the untrustworthy people more ideas.

mugen
12-07-2011, 08:29 PM
This has been going on since trade started in PL. Much better now with confirms just triple check any confirms in trade window as stated above :)

The guys a tool for doing this and what goes around comes around usually :)

Sent from my 3G Cellasaurus using Tapatalk

krazii
12-07-2011, 09:00 PM
That stinks, find me in game and I'll give ya 500 credits!!!

flashbackflip
12-08-2011, 02:12 AM
I wouldnt call someone out in the forums just bad form in total.

Thank you my friend! Just as i thought and so i didn't tell the name.. Seems i'm getting accostomed here))

Btw, i cannot find you in-game.. Could you add me? I would love to make some runs with u bro

flashbackflip
12-08-2011, 02:13 AM
I don't see that its very necessary to go into details about a scam... Your not just telling people for defense, your giving the untrustworthy people more ideas.

I disagree.. 'be informed thus be prepared!'

flashbackflip
12-08-2011, 02:15 AM
That stinks, find me in game and I'll give ya 500 credits!!!

Thank you bro! Your words mean (and give) more to me than money!

See ya in the fields!

Prestige
12-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Trade scams are entirely the players fault for accepting. For the most part people selling stims and powers for 5 credits each are actually legit though.

StompArtist
12-08-2011, 09:37 AM
you gotta be a total idiot to fall into that.

Come on, that is uncalled for. The guy just got scammed out of a bunch of cash due to him being a bit naive and he figures his story could serve as a warning to others and you had to get in and call him an idiot? I think that to newer players who have not seen the avalanche of scams that used to float around (especially in PL) this is a very good and fair warning.

A poster for the OP, to cheer him up:

LelouchX
12-08-2011, 09:48 AM
you gotta be a total idiot to fall into that.
That's unnecessary

also, this isn't new, be vary careful whenever trading with someone you don't know. i avoid those situations completely TBH, because people tried scamming me over and over in PL.