View Full Version : Bot users solution needed

QuaseT
05-07-2019, 02:54 PM
We already had a few threads about the makro farmers and leaderboard problems but I think the devs have not recognized the severity of the problem. I heard some saying sts is planning to change the kills on the top players lb to make it fair but since nothing has changed yet here are my thoughts.
There not only bots playing hauntlet for pve kills, they were playing hydra with bots when gold was dropping, elite kraken to farm gold chests for arc hooks, graveyard the first mobs to make points, elite mauso to open first chests to loot gold and probably many more. There are even people in my friendlist who ive been reporting several times bc i can see they run hauntlet 24/7 but they are still here. We have this problem for years and still no solution has been found or made to make gameplay fair.

For top players lb I suggest to remove pve kills completely and introduce a new category called seasonal kills. Only kills in the actual expansion maps count and it gets a reset whenever theres a new expansion. In order to keep it bot free we need the new maps to be harder. The new random maps starting from graveyard already help a bit and i think most had fun playing those aswell.
To avoid botters in lower maps for aps/gold you can make a menu screen which appears randomly after 30-60min of gameplay which just requests to type in something like a random number or to click on a button which appears on a random position on the screen. Its quite sad but I've not come to another solution. Something that doesnt affect a humans gameplay but cant be spotted by a bot. Im thinking about this "Im not a bot" boxes in some register tabs of websites.
With the new expansion kills category old botters wont dominate the leaderboard anymore and with the screen future botters get spotted.
Some might disagree that I write all this info on forums and that probably even more people will set up a makro now but in my opinion the problem can only be solved when a lot of players recognize the severity of the problem. Its not only for the few people that play for the top players leaderboard, it affects the overall economy and fairness of the game.
PS: Its quite sad to see that u drop off leaderboard because some people literally spent an hour to program a bot to farm kills.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my native language >.< and again please... suggestions and improvements below.
Ty for reading ~Qua

Moscu
05-07-2019, 02:58 PM
We already had a few threads about the makro farmers and leaderboard problems but I think the devs have not recognized the severity of the problem. I heard some saying sts is planning to change the kills on the top players lb to make it fair but since nothing has changed yet here are my thoughts.
There not only bots playing hauntlet for pve kills, they were playing hydra with bots when gold was dropping, elite kraken to farm gold chests for arc hooks, graveyard the first mobs to make points, elite mauso to open first chests to loot gold and probably many more. There are even people in my friendlist who ive been reporting several times bc i can see they run hauntlet 24/7 but they are still here. We have this problem for years and still no solution has been found or made to make gameplay fair.

For top players lb I suggest to remove pve kills completely and introduce a new category called seasonal kills. Only kills in the actual expansion maps count and it gets a reset whenever theres a new expansion. In order to keep it bot free we need the new maps to be harder. The new random maps starting from graveyard already help a bit and i think most had fun playing those aswell.
To avoid botters in lower maps for aps/gold you can make a menu screen which appears randomly after 30-60min of gameplay which just requests to type in something like a random number or to click on a button which appears on a random position on the screen. Its quite sad but I've not come to another solution. Something that doesnt affect a humans gameplay but cant be spotted by a bot. Im thinking about this "Im not a bot" boxes in some register tabs of websites.
With the new expansion kills category old botters wont dominate the leaderboard anymore and with the screen future botters get spotted.
Some might disagree that I write all this info on forums and that probably even more people will set up a makro now but in my opinion the problem can only be solved when a lot of players recognize the severity of the problem. Its not only for the few people that play for the top players leaderboard, it affects the overall economy and fairness of the game.
PS: Its quite sad to see that u drop off leaderboard because some people literally spent an hour to program a bot to farm kills.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my native language >.< and again please... suggestions and improvements below.
Ty for reading ~Qua+1 [emoji106]
+ Planar Arena Makros Farmers

AL: Moscu

Uiss
05-07-2019, 03:06 PM
~ +1 Bro, I totally agree with you, this has already hurt a lot of people. I hope that sts end point on this subject and correct this problem. This game is so wonderful, but you can not compete with bots. Ty

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando o Tapatalk

Arrowloco
05-07-2019, 03:09 PM
+1, but it would need to be fool proof, i wouldnt want multiple people falsely banned because they are able to farm things more than the average player. 100% proof would need to be shown that they are macro using or botting. More than just seeing them run something for a long time. I was actually able to run 1,000 arena chests when i came back to al. It took 5 days, all done and it was grueling. I would love to see the cheaters and macro users banned to make the leaderboard even out.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mhysaa
05-07-2019, 03:17 PM
+1 [emoji106]
+ Planar Arena Makros Farmers

AL: MoscuYe, has many in planar, pretty annoying cuz mostly just stand in there.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk

Stowin
05-07-2019, 03:44 PM
+1

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G950F folosind Tapatalk

Avaree
05-07-2019, 03:48 PM

Ty for reading ~Qua

Lovely ideas, they are very much needed.

Gaprisha
05-07-2019, 03:59 PM
I like the seasonal kills counter but I wouldn't want all the kills to just disappear every season especially for us non lb runner folks. It shows my nab hard work over these years >_< ;p
So a work around to that would be to have an overall pve kills counter and a seasonal one. The seasonal counter gets cleaned off every season no doubt but the pve kills gets added to the overall counter every season. And only the seasonal pve kills refelects on the lb. Tho this wouldn't solve the botting issue.

Pop up menus wont sit well with most people tbh. Be it lb runners or general players. Browser pop-ups are a pain enough.

Another idea would be for qualifying based on date and time of achieving but that gives only the ones on lb atm a huge major head start. Not fair at all to a new player.

A solution to tie-breaking on lb is definetly needed but bots in general is whats the major issue. I think the devs need to start being more vigilant on especially lb runners. Because so far theres so many reported but still exist botting away.

WiiCarlim
05-07-2019, 04:01 PM
I totally support it, mostly by removing the killings as a tiebreaker on LB, but I hope it does not remove the deaths on the Hauntlet, just like they did on Tombs.

PS: I'm not fluent in English, I hope you understand.

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o Tapatalk

shaomau
05-07-2019, 05:21 PM
+1 to this and/or put auto kick timed when logged too much for 4-8 hrs, ty

no offense to those people who are no work [emoji111][emoji111][emoji111]

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

Eatmyshred
05-08-2019, 02:27 AM
I encountered a bot farmer in planar arena yesterday (not gonna mention any names).
He was obviously afk and it was just his character running around. I messaged him through the post stamps about how unfair it is for others that you just let you computer run overnight and loot get everything others have to work for. He just replied with "idgaf bro I make 10k tokens in a day lmao"

Sad people :(

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

Azedz
05-08-2019, 07:56 AM
Easiest solution is having more skills which interact with other skills to be more effective, and each group of random mobs may require different skill interactions to beat.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Eatmyshred
05-08-2019, 09:33 AM
Easiest solution is having more skills which interact with other skills to be more effective, and each group of random mobs may require different skill interactions to beat.

Sent from my SM-G935T using TapatalkAlthough you're on the right track, this wouldn't fix it.

Botting scripts are capable of being configured to follow exact key presses, along with delays and various positioning of the mouse itself.

Zeridor
05-08-2019, 09:49 AM
+1 great idea

Allset
05-08-2019, 10:06 AM
They could also send a system test message after some 1 runs the same thing for over an hour. Like knock knock anybody home? If no reply DC them...

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

jazaajaba
05-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Can we please address the rampant pvp bot farming that is done by almost all the top lb players and the impossible ctf flag capture achievement that requires you to cheat as in ask your friends to open a ctf room and free flag.

QuaseT
05-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Can we please address the rampant pvp bot farming that is done by almost all the top lb players and the impossible ctf flag capture achievement that requires you to cheat as in ask your friends to open a ctf room and free flag.Dummy farming is something different. Theres no computer program involved and should be treated differently. When pvp lbs were removed cinco confirmed that its not against ToS anymore but an embarrassment for the player himself. However remiem recently said it is banable but thats another story/discussion.
This thread is for players who use a makro, a computer program to run a map over and over again 24/7.

Shocan
05-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Ty for reading ~Qua

It's all good bro, it was good english. +1

Sent from my Lenovo Intel Braswell Chromebook using Tapatalk

jazaajaba
05-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Dummy farming is something different. Theres no computer program involved and should be treated differently. When pvp lbs were removed cinco confirmed that its not against ToS anymore but an embarrassment for the player himself. However remiem recently said it is banable but thats another story/discussion.
This thread is for players who use a makro, a computer program to run a map over and over again 24/7.

Well they can still use macro to farm bots in PvP . Pve is a different issue that is easily solvable by making enemies appear in random clusters or location.

Jeoraseo
05-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Your solution is quite draconian, why not report those bots with their screenshots? I personally don’t want my hard earned stat to be deleted just because of this LB crap.
Im not an LB runners or pvp. As does so many other old players in this game. If you your stats resetted go ahead. But do not include us non LB players.

QuaseT
05-08-2019, 11:25 PM
Your solution is quite draconian, why not report those bots with their screenshots? I personally don’t want my hard earned stat to be deleted just because of this LB crap.
Im not an LB runners or pvp. As does so many other old players in this game. If you your stats resetted go ahead. But do not include us non LB players.Your stats wont get deleted. Its just another category called expansion kills, the original pve kills show on your profile, but they dont count for lb anymore.
The reports dont get them banned most of the time, thats another issue.

Salb
05-09-2019, 09:42 AM
+1 great idea

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

Irg
05-09-2019, 09:53 AM

Ty for reading ~Qua

You dont need 1hour, 5mins will do

Ak_paradox
05-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Totally agree

Tankylikehulk
05-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Still easy to for them I think.. They just have to make the bot write something in x, y position and it's done.

Pxoo
05-11-2019, 06:34 PM

Ty for reading ~QuaGreat Idea +1

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

QuaseT
05-12-2019, 05:08 AM
just make a lot of achievment. its easy e.g. "earn 200 aps by avoiding 10 pve deaths this season". "earn 100 aps by spending 100m this season". "earn 50 aps by spending 10m on sirscamsalot". "earn 10 aps by awakening items". "earn 100 aps by reaching lb/plat tier in event". some aps are impossible for sone players to do it. so they need to choose which one they should go for and this will make lots of aps varieties in lb. not something like 30 000 aps all the way from no.1 to no.15. and even its doable by everyone they still need to choose which to do first cus there will be not enough time to do it all in 1 season which is 3 months now.Yep we need aps which are a lot harder. As u said that it is not possible for anyone to complete all aps in a season of a few months. +1

Kenny McCormick
05-15-2019, 06:59 AM
+1 to the idea. Its time STS change all their LB to have seasonal statistics. That is how it works in any other game, you dont get to keep your stats from last season, its a fresh start of competition every season.
I don't even understand the point of season 13, every player on LB is going to hit max APs, there is no actual competition - season 12 LB players are going to get Season 13 LB rewards for free. lol

Gridlock140
05-15-2019, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I'm not about to always be clicking a button or typing something out to prove I'm playing the game lmao. That's just ridiculous. -1

QuaseT
05-15-2019, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I'm not about to always be clicking a button or typing something out to prove I'm playing the game lmao. That's just ridiculous. -1

Its not about clicking anything all the time, its like the window u have to click when u play elite timed. Just not that its always the same, they can just change it. Still, I understand ur concern. This should only happen every few hours if u are playing the same maps solo.

anacebela
05-17-2019, 01:25 AM
Ban the bots and end of story!

Deezey
05-17-2019, 03:05 AM
a menu screen which appears randomly after 30-60min of gameplay which just requests to type in something like a random number or to click on a button

Many games do something similar, and its usually not a good idea. Online, persistent worlds like AL do invite the occasional abuse but the solution is not to annoy your players, your paying customers. The game is already having a hard enough time getting new players as it is.

Manually reporting the occasional bot seems sufficient, they could make it easier to do so with additional in-game tools.

anacebela
05-17-2019, 03:48 AM
What sts should do that remove the hountler map pve counting! The pve counting should be only in highest map like in festong atm!! Im 99% sure that the problem will slaived with that and if u cash a bot just ban it!!!

Uiss
05-17-2019, 04:02 AM
What sts should do that remove the hountler map pve counting! The pve counting should be only in highest map like in festong atm!! Im 99% sure that the problem will slaived with that and if u cash a bot just ban it!!!I would never agree with that. So you mean, "all pve kills will be de rogue." There has to be a map where everyone can manage to make their deaths, as Hauntlet already exists. just ban the bots and I think the problem will be solved, I do not know why the big discussion.

anacebela
05-17-2019, 04:33 AM
I would never agree with that. So you mean, "all pve kills will be de rogue." There has to be a map where everyone can manage to make their deaths, as Hauntlet already exists. just ban the bots and I think the problem will be solved, I do not know why the big discussion.

i dont see the bot problem is in making aps, hard to belive anyone can bot mausoleum, deep, flags or somthing eals... the bigest problem here is that pve farming on the bot afther all aps is done, in the hauntler. We are talking abaut pve kills! in my apinion war is perfect clean mobs at any map, we not talk abaut ''bossies'' where op roggue is op at boss! another resone that to bring counting pve kills only in highest map is that the deep is never louding because none1 hunt it ! so the main problem is the hountler pve counting! and the bots have to be ban, i dont belive anyone will make new and new and new bot accaunt afther he has get many time ban! afther many bans he will go abuse another game! amen!

anacebela
05-17-2019, 04:39 AM
i dont see the reason to switch the system if there is few rats whos using system wrong, just remove the rats off!

Anehazaz
05-17-2019, 10:20 AM
B
Although you're on the right track, this wouldn't fix it.

Botting scripts are capable of being configured to follow exact key presses, along with delays and various positioning of the mouse itself.

yes so then surely there must be a program that can detect these automated movement scripts ? Also if pve kills are reset on lb’s every season wouldn’t that be a botters dream?

Allset
05-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Just watch this video and it will give you an idea of what you are talking about stopping...

https://youtu.be/mGYU5t8MO7s

I would highly recommend not doing this at home. I grind hard for everything I have earned in this game and don't want to see this. But if you know how to code there is no real way to stop you from doing it...

QuaseT
05-17-2019, 02:46 PM
i dont see the reason to switch the system if there is few rats whos using system wrong, just remove the rats off!Ive been reporting people in my friendlist who use bots all day. I told friends to report them, i wrote emails about it back then but nothing changed and i still want the devs to take action. But it seems like its not clear enough to see who uses a bot and who doesnt. Im sitting here with all aps and over 1m kills, farmed in 6 years of hard work and trying to stay on the last spots on lb to keep getting the banners. Sounds quite sad, but thats my story behind the main post.

Fightbeast
05-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Its sad to see people who actually worked for their LB having a hard time while the botters go scot-free. In my opinion your suggestion might be useful if people only got their seasonal kills from the expansion maps. STS has tried to combat the botting system with new maps from Mausoleum expansion onwards but people still find a loophole to pass through. And I am sure they will again. Further I also dont want Hauntlet to be removed as a killing ground as Kraag tombs and watcher etc were already done so. In the future people wont be able to compete with old players no matter how many hours they put in. So we do need a map like hauntlet left. The only solution I see is to clamp down on the botters. Teach them that their way is not sustainable and no matter how they try, they ll lose all their work because the used an unfair means. And for this I also suggest a better reporting system. Where players can actually report properly why they want to report someone. I would have suggested a thread to make reports on botters but that will lead to more drama. Instead reporting where necessary and devs actually taking action on the reports can help the rest of us out. Old players, officers and even guild masters, who should be setting examples for other players resort to such unfair means. And it really depresses people who put their years of hard work into the game.

Kenny McCormick
05-17-2019, 11:54 PM
@People who are saying botters/cheaters/exploiters should be banned should realize that if STS had the technology to catch them then they would have done it by now. This is why we are stressing on the ways of prevention.

Most of the botting happens on low level map for APs and hauntlet for pve kills. Deep marsh and maus is hard to bot because the maps are random and hard in difficulty. So the solution we are discussing is:
1) Replace the Total PVE kills parameter from LB with a new parameter called Seasonal PVE kills which will only be available from the same level maps or new expansion maps.
2) The Seasonal PVE kills will reset every season so there is a competition every season. This will also keep the expansion maps alive.

Uiss
05-18-2019, 01:14 AM
@People who are saying botters/cheaters/exploiters should be banned should realize that if STS had the technology to catch them then they would have done it by now. This is why we are stressing on the ways of prevention.

Most of the botting happens on low level map for APs and hauntlet for pve kills. Deep marsh and maus is hard to bot because the maps are random and hard in difficulty. So the solution we are discussing is:
1) Replace the Total PVE kills parameter from LB with a new parameter called Seasonal PVE kills which will only be available from the same level maps or new expansion maps.
2) The Seasonal PVE kills will reset every season so there is a competition every season. This will also keep the expansion maps alive.I agree with the seasonal pve, but it's not possible for warriors to compete with rogues doing the kill only on the map of the season or level. Do you understand me? I know that everyone could get their kills, but the superiority of the rogue is indisputable, it would be made much faster.

anacebela
05-18-2019, 02:44 AM

2) The Seasonal PVE kills will reset every season so there is a competition every season. This will also keep the expansion maps alive.

please explanation me how the hell the pve sesone reset will help vs bots? they will same way us bots in hountler like they did before and still have the same places in top like they did before...what will change?!? sesone pve reset feel like punishment for ppl like me who did the +1mil kills by hand in 6 years... remove the hountler pve counting, ban the bots and the problem will be solved.

i give full respect how sts solve the problem with the chat bots, which was big problem few months a go and i belive in sts they can solve that problem to!

QuaseT
05-18-2019, 03:04 AM
please explanation me how the hell the pve sesone reset will help vs bots? they will same way us bots in hountler like they did before and still have the same places in top like they did before...what will change?!? sesone pve reset feel like punishment for ppl like me who did the +1mil kills by hand in 6 years... remove the hountler pve counting, ban the bots and the problem will be solved.

i give full respect how sts solve the problem with the chat bots, which was big problem few months a go and i belive in sts they can solve that problem to!The seasonal pve kills only count in expansion maps. Maps thats cant run bots. Your kills still show up on your screen - they just dont count for lb. For you your kills might be an achievement but on a long term you will drop off lb too because no human can compete with a 24/7 playing bot.

Fightbeast
05-18-2019, 05:23 AM
I am all for seasonal kills, but like i said botters will find a way through this too. Secondly the problem is more serious than just kills. The botters have used botting to finish the easy aps's. They use it to farm gold in esg. This way they have made their way to lb, while the rest still struggle. And furthermore they received the top player flags for multiple seasons already. Thus a permanent solution with their ban is needed. Put a seasonal kill lb into place idm; but till the threat isnt removed from the root, it will continue.

anacebela
05-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Sts can i have my donated moneys back and u can do whatever with the game. U can reset all game evry season or every day however. All can start with emty lvl 1 accaunt or whatever... i like to see stability where system works and bots not make the rules for other true players... 6 years hard work for nothing becouse few rats use system wrong... -100!!

Kenny McCormick
05-19-2019, 12:35 AM
I agree with the seasonal pve, but it's not possible for warriors to compete with rogues doing the kill only on the map of the season or level. Do you understand me? I know that everyone could get their kills, but the superiority of the rogue is indisputable, it would be made much faster.

Isn't it the same for overall right now? And when it comes to top 25 of each class warriors will be competing against warriors not mage or rogue.

Uiss
05-19-2019, 07:40 AM
Isn't it the same for overall right now? And when it comes to top 25 of each class warriors will be competing against warriors not mage or rogue.Competition is not just about class dispute. What about placements in the overall?
This is already out of topic. I'm sure taking hauntlet is not the solution if there are macro to everything that is map, and I do not doubt that they can use the new map they suggest. As a friend here said, you have to cut the evil at the root or it will always grow.

Kenny McCormick
05-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Competition is not just about class dispute. What about placements in the overall?
This is already out of topic. I'm sure taking hauntlet is not the solution if there are macro to everything that is map, and I do not doubt that they can use the new map they suggest. As a friend here said, you have to cut the evil at the root or it will always grow.

Yes, if your concern is that warrior are not able to make their standing on Overall because its hard for them to farm kills then that is a different topic all together.

We are not saying removing kills from hauntlet and making them available only on same level maps/ expansion maps will stop botting altogether. But it will make things hard for them.
Same leave/expansion maps are hard and random, like m5/6 and swamp/deep marsh; So possibility of someone farming kills solo or botting to get benefit is lower than hauntlet. And because players will prefer party on these maps warriors will have a chance to get almost same number of kills as other classes.

As I said before if STS had the technology to catch and ban the botters and cheaters then half of the LB would have been banned by now. I would be very happy if they develop that technology to get rid of all those players but until then we are just requesting them to look into alternate solutions.

Avaree
05-19-2019, 06:50 PM

Ty for reading ~Qua

Another idea for Lb, is separating by account age. Example, launch of AL to Dec 31,2013- Jan 1st 2014 thru Dec. 31,2015... so on and so forth. This may give new players, and returning players, more incentive to set AP oriented goals.

merlintrue
05-19-2019, 11:48 PM
absolutely we need to find a way to slow or destroy macro use

QuaseT
05-20-2019, 02:18 AM
Another idea for Lb, is separating by account age. Example, launch of AL to Dec 31,2013- Jan 1st 2014 thru Dec. 31,2015... so on and so forth. This may give new players, and returning players, more incentive to set AP oriented goals.So are the oldest people on top? That means new people have no chance. If new people are on top veterans have no chance. Imo we need something that everybody can obtain with his account whenever he wants, even if its hard work (and that can not be cheated by using a bot). I also thought abought who has most pets, but thats just p2w. Best solution imo is still the expansion kills or a ranking like the guild rank where everything has an influence: Age of the account, pvp kills, amount of pets, recent activity etc.

Thewolfbull
05-20-2019, 02:44 AM
I agree with the seasonal pve, but it's not possible for warriors to compete with rogues doing the kill only on the map of the season or level. Do you understand me? I know that everyone could get their kills, but the superiority of the rogue is indisputable, it would be made much faster.

Simple solution to this is make it so when a team is playing together in higher mauso for example all players in range that are doing damage to mobs get the kills no matter who does the killing blow.

Gridlock140
05-20-2019, 03:09 AM
In my opinion it's only the veterans who are on lb that complain about botters because they don't want to compete against each other (literally the whole reason of a leaderboard). I find it honestly impossible to bot flags, which, by the way, VETERANS botted the flags back in 2013 when chrome had the glitch where you could flag unlimited amount of times and get 10k flags ap in under 3 days so I don't wanna hear that. Also mausoleums aps are hard to bot as the maps are different and actually take take/skill to do. I'm not saying everyone bots, but 90% of the veterans on the leaderboard botted to get to that spot in the first place, hence destroying the whole leaderboard in general. People who have the ridiculous amount of kills are the ones who bragged about using Sam in camp boulder/planar arena in the earlier days of the game when they counted as kills, yes, BRAGGED. I can literally name 5 people off the top of my head who are still on that leaderboard who did that, including a warrior who just came back to the game from years of not playing and magically got the aps needed to be in the top 5. So look at the players who are already on there, because most of those players don't even deserve it, I don't care how long they've been playing. The exploits in earlier seasons gave them the advantage, when new players don't have that and cannot even make it close to being even rank 25 of any class.

Pxoo
05-20-2019, 03:23 AM
In my opinion it's only the veterans who are on lb that complain about botters because they don't want to compete against each other (literally the whole reason of a leaderboard). I find it honestly impossible to bot flags, which, by the way, VETERANS botted the flags back in 2013 when chrome had the glitch where you could flag unlimited amount of times and get 10k flags ap in under 3 days so I don't wanna hear that. Also mausoleums aps are hard to bot as the maps are different and actually take take/skill to do. I'm not saying everyone bots, but 90% of the veterans on the leaderboard botted to get to that spot in the first place, hence destroying the whole leaderboard in general. People who have the ridiculous amount of kills are the ones who bragged about using Sam in camp boulder/planar arena in the earlier days of the game when they counted as kills, yes, BRAGGED. I can literally name 5 people off the top of my head who are still on that leaderboard who did that, including a warrior who just came back to the game from years of not playing and magically got the aps needed to be in the top 5. So look at the players who are already on there, because most of those players don't even deserve it, I don't care how long they've been playing. The exploits in earlier seasons gave them the advantage, when new players don't have that and cannot even make it close to being even rank 25 of any class.the aps aren't the problem, most people on lb already have all of them, the problem is the pve kills tie-breaking system. people are botting their pve kills, not their aps. something about that could be done by sts very easily, for example qua's suggestion. it's senseless to compete against bots, since they don't have anything else to do, no matter whether veteran or not.

QuaseT
05-20-2019, 03:28 AM
In my opinion it's only the veterans who are on lb that complain about botters because they don't want to compete against each other (literally the whole reason of a leaderboard). I find it honestly impossible to bot flags, which, by the way, VETERANS botted the flags back in 2013 when chrome had the glitch where you could flag unlimited amount of times and get 10k flags ap in under 3 days so I don't wanna hear that. Also mausoleums aps are hard to bot as the maps are different and actually take take/skill to do. I'm not saying everyone bots, but 90% of the veterans on the leaderboard botted to get to that spot in the first place, hence destroying the whole leaderboard in general. People who have the ridiculous amount of kills are the ones who bragged about using Sam in camp boulder/planar arena in the earlier days of the game when they counted as kills, yes, BRAGGED. I can literally name 5 people off the top of my head who are still on that leaderboard who did that, including a warrior who just came back to the game from years of not playing and magically got the aps needed to be in the top 5. So look at the players who are already on there, because most of those players don't even deserve it, I don't care how long they've been playing. The exploits in earlier seasons gave them the advantage, when new players don't have that and cannot even make it close to being even rank 25 of any class.Edit: As Pxoo said earlier^^
The problem on lb are the pve kills. I made my aps end of 2017, early 2018 and if u keep playing its not that hard. The flags are easy with speed set and speed awaken, maus bosses are easy if u have a team that skips everything. Everything else can be done even faster. It just takes some time all together.
Its not only about the lb, its about the makro users in all maps. Many use it to farm gold, most famous probably the bots in hydra when it dropped gold.

Gridlock140
05-20-2019, 03:29 AM
the aps aren't the problem, most people on lb already have all of them, the problem is the pve kills tie-breaking system. people are botting their pve kills, not their aps. something about that could be done by sts very easily, for example qua's suggestion. it's senseless to compete against bots, since they don't have anything else to do, no matter whether veteran or not.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk He's also talking about how its unfair for other players to not get on the leaderboard in general.. hence my rant. So you're saying it's fine for the veteran to bot to get their rank, but it's not okay for them to bot to get kills to keep their rank?

Gridlock140
05-20-2019, 03:32 AM
The problem on lb are the pve kills. I made my aps end of 2017, early 2018 and if u keep playing its not that hard. The flags are easy with speed set and speed awaken, maus bosses are easy if u have a team that skips everything. Everything else can be done even faster. It just takes some time all together.
Its not only about the lb, its about the makro users in all maps. Many use it to farm gold, most famous probably the bots in hydra when it dropped gold. totally missed my point there. Also how can you bot esg when the bugs stun you? I'm confused about that one.

Pxoo
05-20-2019, 03:34 AM
totally missed my point there. Also how can you bot esg when the bugs stun you? I'm confused about that one.people are botting hauntlet, not esg

Pxoo
05-20-2019, 03:36 AM
He's also talking about how its unfair for other players to not get on the leaderboard in general.. hence my rant. So you're saying it's fine for the veteran to bot to get their rank, but it's not okay for them to bot to get kills to keep their rank?you already said it, you can't bot flags or mauso, so you can't bot your aps, just the pve kills

Gridlock140
05-20-2019, 03:36 AM
people are botting hauntlet, not esg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk esg was mentioned. Read the entire post and comments before you give your opinion imo.

QuaseT
05-20-2019, 03:39 AM
totally missed my point there. Also how can you bot esg when the bugs stun you? I'm confused about that one.I agree some people have might used a bot for their aps. They use it everywhere but the aps in general are so easy that u can complete all 1000 boss aps in a few hours each. Just mauso takes longer but thats almost impossible for bots.
When we talk about the pve kills tie breaker, we have thousands of hours of bot using to farm kills in hauntlet and other maps earlier.
I have not seen bots in esg, but there are enough shield skills/aa to single the map too so theres a possibilty people do it too. However ive no proof for this. But there are for hauntlet bots, were for hydra bots, elite mauso first room and more.

Pxoo
05-20-2019, 03:40 AM
esg was mentioned. Read the entire post and comments before you give your opinion imo.Ah, thanks for your enlightening advice :) Now that you say it it changes that lb players are botting hauntlet, now because of reading the thread and comments they started with esg it seems [emoji33]

QuaseT
05-20-2019, 03:50 AM
Ty all for ur suggestions and criticism. Please keep this thread professional. I still hope to get a dev anwser to this, that farming in general gets a bit more fair.

Gridlock140
05-20-2019, 03:56 AM
I agree some people have might used a bot for their aps. They use it everywhere but the aps in general are so easy that u can complete all 1000 boss aps in a few hours each. Just mauso takes longer but thats almost impossible for bots.
When we talk about the pve kills tie breaker, we have thousands of hours of bot using to farm kills in hauntlet and other maps earlier.
I have not seen bots in esg, but there are enough shield skills/aa to single the map too so theres a possibilty people bit it too. However ive no proof for this. But there are for hauntlet bots, were for hydra bots, elite mauso first room and more. if it's so easy who's to say you didn't do it as well? hmm. How are people botting hauntlet when that meteor comes down and knocks the player away? Wouldn't that mess up the players bot?

QuaseT
05-20-2019, 04:06 AM
if it's so easy who's to say you didn't do it as well? hmm. How are people botting hauntlet when that meteor comes down and knocks the player away? Wouldn't that mess up the players bot?

Im not going to explain the details of a bot to you. Be careful with false assumptions.

Gridlock140
05-20-2019, 05:20 AM
Im not going to explain the details of a bot to you. Be careful with false assumptions. So you have experience with it? LOL false assumptions? Isn't that what this entire post is? How do you know if people are botting hauntlet instead of actually playing? Just because someone ignores your message to them in game doesn't mean they're not actually playing, I don't bot and I ignore 90% of the messages I get from other players. People are guilty until proven innocent I see. Why do you think sts hasn't replied to this, or even banned these so called botters? Because there's no proof that they actually are. Also I wasn't accusing you of botting, I was saying who's to know if you did or did not, that's not an accusation, just a simple question. Your hostility kinda proves otherwise.

QuaseT
05-20-2019, 07:03 AM
So you have experience with it? LOL false assumptions? Isn't that what this entire post is? How do you know if people are botting hauntlet instead of actually playing? Just because someone ignores your message to them in game doesn't mean they're not actually playing, I don't bot and I ignore 90% of the messages I get from other players. People are guilty until proven innocent I see. Why do you think sts hasn't replied to this, or even banned these so called botters? Because there's no proof that they actually are. Also I wasn't accusing you of botting, I was saying who's to know if you did or did not, that's not an accusation, just a simple question. Your hostility kinda proves otherwise.I have not pointed my finger on anyone. I didnt mention any ign or forum acc that is botting. I have proofs, of fails of bots when they run in their house against walls or in towns. I dont post them here, i write mails to sts. Also at some point its not possible for a human to play for such a long time with not a single minute break. Not talking about 10h or 20h, im talking about weeks of playing. Nobody has to proof their innocence. Thats basically what this thread is about, to make the game unplayable for bots so that its guaranteed that every player is innocent. All we know is that people are still botting.

Avaree
05-20-2019, 07:09 AM
So are the oldest people on top? That means new people have no chance. If new people are on top veterans have no chance. Imo we need something that everybody can obtain with his account whenever he wants, even if its hard work (and that can not be cheated by using a bot). I also thought abought who has most pets, but thats just p2w. Best solution imo is still the expansion kills or a ranking like the guild rank where everything has an influence: Age of the account, pvp kills, amount of pets, recent activity etc.

You misunderstood what I wrote, the account age bracket or tier, could have a LB for each bracket/tier. This would give new people a chance, bc veterans would not be categorized there, their account to old.

QuaseT
05-20-2019, 07:16 AM
You misunderstood what I wrote, the account age bracket or tier, could have a LB for each bracket/tier. This would give new people a chance, bc veterans would not be categorized there, their account to old.

Oh yes sorry I misunderstood your post. Thats not a bad idea i think. As you said its good for new players, so they can join the lb more easily. What would be the tie splitter? In general a split allows more people to be on the lb if I'm right. Because its prob 25 of each bracket.

Avaree
05-20-2019, 02:17 PM
Oh yes sorry I misunderstood your post. Thats not a bad idea i think. As you said its good for new players, so they can join the lb more easily. What would be the tie splitter? In general a split allows more people to be on the lb if I'm right. Because its prob 25 of each bracket.

I think they should do "Quarterly Kills"that coincides with LB as a tie breaker. As far as botting, just remove kills from hauntlet xD Simple (:

QuaseT
05-20-2019, 03:27 PM
I think they should do "Quarterly Kills"that coincides with LB as a tie breaker. As far as botting, just remove kills from hauntlet xD Simple (:Yes thats a variant of expansion kills and sounds good. You keep your overall pve kills on your profile but they dont count for lb. Besides hauntlet only planar tombs and expansion maps count kills at 71. That seems like the best solution to me atm. Also a new chance for every player who completed all aps every season, perfect for new competitors.

Spheresome
05-20-2019, 05:22 PM
Why does everyone think the planar arena is macroed, granted I'm far from the number 1 position, but there is a strategy to it that I spent hours randomly tinkering with the map looking for it before I found it. I dont think the people who are on top of me are macros, they probably simply found a better faster way to kill the bosses than i already have.

Spheresome
05-20-2019, 05:25 PM
Why does everyone think that the Planar Arena Leaderboard is "Macroed". Even though I am far from the number 1 position on the leaderboard, I spent hours studying the map before I learned about the strategies that I found to run that map for leaderboard. Because you simply do not understand the secrets to a map, does not mean that others who discovered them are hacking to get it. As for the people who are above me on the leaderboard, I do not think they are macroing, I think they simply found a better way than I currently have to run that map. I will continue to research that map and will keep on doing it until I am number 1.

-Altitude

Pxoo
05-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Why does everyone think that the Planar Arena Leaderboard is "Macroed". Even though I am far from the number 1 position on the leaderboard, I spent hours studying the map before I learned about the strategies that I found to run that map for leaderboard. Because you simply do not understand the secrets to a map, does not mean that others who discovered them are hacking to get it. As for the people who are above me on the leaderboard, I do not think they are macroing, I think they simply found a better way than I currently have to run that map. I will continue to research that map and will keep on doing it until I am number 1.

-Altitudenot the leaderboard, it was botted during the marvelous event to get tokens, the botters didn't even attack most of the times

Spheresome
05-20-2019, 06:49 PM
not the leaderboard, it was botted during the marvelous event to get tokens, the botters didn't even attack most of the times

I understand now, ty for the insight, I mispoke there.

Gufugufutwo
05-20-2019, 07:40 PM
not the leaderboard, it was botted during the marvelous event to get tokens, the botters didn't even attack most of the times

hes referring to how the door-er for arena is accused of using a macro/ autoclicker to get the fastest door possible lmao

Remiem
05-20-2019, 09:04 PM
Hey guys! I think we got what we needed from this thread. Thank you so much for the info and suggestions. We'll be talking it over as a team to decide the best next steps on this front. Closing it up now!