PDA

View Full Version : applying extra dodge when using forceshield??

ThisGuy0502
12-07-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm srry if this forum was already made before Ok ive been thinking if sts can tweak the forceshield a bit more.. i like the fact that it burst at 75 dmg but it still kinda burst pretty fast :-/.. so operatives have the dodge boost skill and critical boost skill and commandos have the defense boost skill and the critical boost skill and engineers only have the defense boost skill.. it would be a good advantage for when we activate force shield it could give us 30, 60 extra dodge (when force shield is at max) doing the math 5% extra dodge as 1 point is applyed force shield or 10% extra dodge as 1 point is applyed to force shield. Plz leave comments below, will this over power engineers or will this balance engineers out with the other classes?(based pvp wise not pve wise cause we all know enginners wreck in pve lol :))

Zeus
12-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm srry if this forum was already made before Ok ive been thinking if sts can tweak the forceshield a bit more.. i like the fact that it burst at 75 dmg but it still kinda burst pretty fast :-/.. so operatives have the dodge boost skill and critical boost skill and commandos have the defense boost skill and the critical boost skill and engineers only have the defense boost skill.. it would be a good advantage for when we activate force shield it could give us 30, 60 extra dodge (when force shield is at max) doing the math 5% extra dodge as 1 point is applyed force shield or 10% extra dodge as 1 point is applyed to force shield. Plz leave comments below, will this over power engineers or will this balance engineers out with the other classes?(based pvp wise not pve wise cause we all know enginners wreck in pve lol :))

Engineers shouldn't get dodge. They are not nimble like an operative. The operative is the "ninja" class, not engineers. Armor boost they already have. Honestly, all they really need is a SLIGHT critical boost and they should be good to go.

ThisGuy0502
12-07-2011, 09:31 PM

Engineers shouldn't get dodge. They are not nimble like an operative. The operative is the "ninja" class, not engineers. Armor boost they already have. Honestly, all they really need is a SLIGHT critical boost and they should be good to go.

Engineers are not about critical, engis are about survival not to do damage so idk where you heard that from but sir thats false. There more about dodge than critical and the engineers defense boost skill is only 60 at max i wouldnt count force shield bcuz it burst so quick before the extra armor can even work
As u read before if engineers had more dodge force shield will be a worthy skill, im not saying that it isnt now but it only last 2 secs long(shorter than the commandos defense boost ablity) so really engineers are suppose to be about heals and buffs, they got the heal part down packed but i dont see and buffs, do you?

LelouchX
12-11-2011, 07:48 PM
imo, engineers are all about the buffs and debuffs (look at the description of them). sure the force shield burst pretty quickly. There are a few things that can be done to even this out:
1) when you have the force shield on, IT takes damage, not you. After all the description says that "shield bursts when IT takes ------ damage," not "when the CASTER takes ------- damage." it's a bit misleading. This skill would then essentially give the engi and extra 75 health at level 6 whenever used. also, since the force shield will burst after taking damage, i see no reason for a small dodge increase. after all, engineers are supposed to be the masters of buffs and debuffs, and the only buffs we get are 180 armor when we max out our 2 armor buff skills. i think ops should have a higher dodge buff with their skills than an engi would bc they are nimble, as apollo stated.
EDIT: I realize that at this point, when you have force shield on and get hit, the caster does actually take damage, and when the caster takes ------ damage (depending on the level of the skill), the shield bursts. I am merely saying that I the skill description makes it seem like the shield, not the caster, takes the damage, and that I think the skill would be more useful if the caster didn't take any damage until the shield bursts. Sorry if the way I worded that was confusing.
2) Protection's armor buff is a joke as it is now as well. 60 armor will reduce your damage 1-2 per hit/tick. sure, 1 damage CAN be the difference between life and death, but often it isn't. i have had what looks like no health left after winning a 1v1 fight. i would have died if i didn't max this skill out, but it still doesn't make a huge difference in most situations.
3) let empathy heal for a little more. sure, in PvE it is massive, but it is also extremely under-powered as it is now.

I don't think it is wrong to say that engi's should have a crit bonus. after all, both coms and ops do. its expected for the op, idk about for the com. the coms are the tanks (arguably, bc i do this on my engi), so why do they get a massive crit bonus and not the engi as well?

a suggestion, and please don't yell at me on this thread for it, pm if you think i'm out of line, as this is JUST a suggestion. right now, pvp is in beta and STS is working on fixing bugs and looking into the effects of ALL the skills. so lets offer our suggestion, and then play the game. if anyone doesn't like the way the skills are now, then wait for PvP to come out of beta and try playing again then. for now, all i can say is this. look at your opponent. it's an op? ok, the op wants to kill you and do it quick. put on whatever gives you the best dodge, including an implant. i get my dodge to 32 when i want, and an op that can't hit me can't kill me. your dodge will help you dodge skills too, not just auto attack. or, if you are playing against someone who has high dodge, balance yourself a little better. i use my plat gear for a decent dodge and a hit implant so that MY skills an attacks will hit my opponent more than his or hers will hit me. in this situation, i get my dodge to 25 and hit to 94. playing a com..... well i have problems here too. the com won't get very high dodge, even with plat gear, so focus on your damage by using that implant to counteract their huge armor bonus, or concentrate on your dodge again so that the com can't hit you when he buffs his crit. try to form a strategy to outsmart your opponents strategy. after all, we are playing against people here, not computers.

i've said this in other threads too, but i'll say it here even though it is completely unrelated to the OP. lets not get pissed and trash talk when we die. yell and punch a wall if you want, but it's disrespectful to criticize people's strategies and say they were "cheap" if they beat you.

now that my rant is over......
LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!

Kahlua
12-11-2011, 09:24 PM
For skills based SOLELY on what each class is SUPPOSED to do (by game description):

Operatives: High Crit, High Dodge, High Damage Rate, Low Armor, Low Health

Commando: Average Crit, Low Dodge, Average Damage rate, High Armor, High Health

Engineer: Average Crit, Average Dodge, Average Damage Rate, Average Armor, Average Health

Commandos shouldn't be getting such big dodge boosts from armor. The point of a 'tank' is to take damage. With such high armor and a possible +300 armor buff...why do commandos also get +30ish dodge from armor and implants? If they're wearing such heavy armor, they shouldn't be able to roll out of the way at all.

Operatives should have the most dodge because they have the lightest armor. They have to get out of the way since they're killed so easily. Defeats the purpose of an operative to have low dodge. Might as well be fighting the Revolutionary War. The British were good with their guns...but they just stood in lines and shot at each other.

Engineers should be a healthy balance between the two. Average sized armor means average dodge.

Am I the only one who thinks this makes sense?

Ellyidol
12-11-2011, 09:28 PM
For skills based SOLELY on what each class is SUPPOSED to do (by game description):

Operatives: High Crit, High Dodge, High Damage Rate, Low Armor, Low Health

Commando: Average Crit, Low Dodge, Average Damage rate, High Armor, High Health

Engineer: Average Crit, Average Dodge, Average Damage Rate, Average Armor, Average Health

Commandos shouldn't be getting such big dodge boosts from armor. The point of a 'tank' is to take damage. With such high armor and a possible +300 armor buff...why do commandos also get +30ish dodge from armor and implants? If they're wearing such heavy armor, they shouldn't be able to roll out of the way at all.

Operatives should have the most dodge because they have the lightest armor. They have to get out of the way since they're killed so easily. Defeats the purpose of an operative to have low dodge. Might as well be fighting the Revolutionary War. The British were good with their guns...but they just stood in lines and shot at each other.

Engineers should be a healthy balance between the two. Average sized armor means average dodge.

Am I the only one who thinks this makes sense?

Dodge is the main tanking stat in STS games so far, PL included. The way armor reduces damage is way too linear (assuming nothing was changed) for it to be effective in small increments, only very big jumps in armor would actually provide a noticeable difference. That said, dodge is what makes a tank a tank, IMO.

Not to mention that dodge is always going to remain constantly effective, eg 50 dodge is 50 dodge at level 1 or 100. However, the armor buff is only going to get less and less significant as the level cap and gear stats increase.

Kahlua
12-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Should have worded that better.
By what each class is supposed to do, I meant ignoring the way things are now. Forget the linear armor thing, or what STS has in place.

Based solely on what the commando, operative, and engineer represent in the game from their descriptions only, the things I listed should be true.
To put it in Star Wars terms armor wise (not so much attack power wise)...first thing that came to mind for an example lol don't judge

An Operative is like an X-wing/TIE-Interceptor. Fast, nimble, easy to avoid being hit, and the ability to fire weapons constantly...but one blast from a laser and you're dead.

An Engineer is like a Star Destroyer. Good fire power, good defense, ability to move at a decent rate, but no where near the same as a small ship...but those stupid towers at the top of the deck are pretty easy to destroy...but you'll put up a good fight defending them. Another example could be a frigate like the one that Admiral guy had...good defense, but one of the frigates still blows up from normal fire.

A Commando is like the death star...without that little port. Big scary looking thing with armor that can't be penetrated by lasers...but it just doesn't move at all. Take's a beating, but absolutely no way to escape.

#nerdpost

ThisGuy0502
12-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Ok I still think force shield needs to give extra dodge.. why? Well bcuz u guys are not remembering force shield doesn't last long.. at all. Applying extra dodge will help the skill in many ways. All force shield does is give engis 120 armor at Max which does not last a long time. STS plz understand what I'm trying to say...

Anishavie
12-16-2011, 10:02 PM
even if it has 2000 dodge it will only last like 2 seconds in pvp

so whats to seconds worth of dodge

about 4 dodges

ThisGuy0502
12-16-2011, 10:20 PM
even if it has 2000 dodge it will only last like 2 seconds in pvp

so whats to seconds worth of dodge

about 4 dodges

What are u talking about.. no it won't only last for 2 sec with applyed more dodge I'd say it would last about 20 sec with all that dodge its harder for your opponent to hit u. There for the shield stays longer