PDA

View Full Version : New 1v1 map

THE Tesla
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Well, I guess no one can complain about kiting anymore... I for one, will have no part in this new arena. I already know how each fight will be, run at each other and pew pew, hopefully u have a lot of HP, armor, and dodge otherwise good luck

Kanozaki
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
you can still kite with out using pillars, You just cant hide and heal.

Zeus
12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Like a wise monk once said, "Use the air to your advantage". There are still ways, they are just not as apparent. Natural selection determines survival of the fittest. I fare well in either map though, but personally prefer 1v1 map for the "officialness".

Kanozaki
12-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Like a wise monk once said, "Use the air to your advantage".
^ This reminded me of avatar lol

BodMaster
12-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Love the 1v1 matches, haven't tried the new area out but guess its the same :p

Zeus
12-08-2011, 07:44 PM

I think I stole this quote from Avatar, bahahaha. They are a bunch of monks. :P

Thade
12-09-2011, 05:57 PM
You can kite, you just have to spend time positioning yourself to get a few seconds of rest as opposed to infinate recuperation time as found when in 1 v 1 in The Reckoning Room.

I'll never please everyone, play which ever map you feel is best when dueling.

Deathsminion
12-11-2011, 09:57 AM
How do you host a game in the 1v1 room?

LelouchX
12-11-2011, 07:06 PM
i've kited fine on this map, and there is nothing wrong with kiting. it's a strategy, and an effective one if used properly

How do you host a game in the 1v1 room?
the way as the other map. go to host game and chose the PvP map, it shows up after the shipyard maps. there will be 2 options to chose from here. the first room is 3v3, the second room is 1v1.

Deathsminion
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
the way as the other map. go to host game and chose the PvP map, it shows up after the shipyard maps. there will be 2 options to chose from here. the first room is 3v3, the second room is 1v1.
Yh i worked this out like 5 mins after posting XD ty anyway i normaly just host using the big host button on sector map so forgot about the other bits.

Protank
12-24-2011, 11:06 AM
the map just seems so small.

like on respawn,
the guy who just won would have low health,
the guy who died would be full.

no time to run up health or rejoin for the winner of previous match.

great place if ur not dealing with a rusher tho :D

Ardon
12-24-2011, 11:42 AM
the map just seems so small.

like on respawn,
the guy who just won would have low health,
the guy who died would be full.

no time to run up health or rejoin for the winner of previous match.

great place if ur not dealing with a rusher tho :D

You can always rejoin. That gives you a full health/man a bar. That's how I always PvP.
Unless its FFA

Then again i dont do much pug pvps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Matutd
12-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Well, I guess no one can complain about kiting anymore... I for one, will have no part in this new arena. I already know how each fight will be, run at each other and pew pew, hopefully u have a lot of HP, armor, and dodge otherwise good luck
If u really believe its just "pew pew pew, someone dies" I challenge u to do it against Apollo. He absolutely destroyed me in 1v1. I managed to kill him twice, both kills from the after effect from dots, and both times, he killed me at same time :/ haha

Zeus
12-24-2011, 01:33 PM
If u really believe its just "pew pew pew, someone dies" I challenge u to do it against Apollo. He absolutely destroyed me in 1v1. I managed to kill him twice, both kills from the after effect from dots, and both times, he killed me at same time :/ haha

Lol, thanks for the compliments, Matutd!

In all honesty, like you said yourself, Tesla, it's survival of the fittest. Either you adapt to your environment, or you don't. Me for example, I don't thrive in the 3v3 map, but I do decently. It's all a matter of preference. I like using my skills to make obstacles, not depend on objects to become obstacles for the other opponent.

Protank
12-25-2011, 03:51 PM
You can always rejoin. That gives you a full health/man a bar. That's how I always PvP.
Unless its FFA

Then again i dont do much pug pvps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nah I said its so small if ur dealing with a rusher there is almost no time to rejoin

unless u want to leave during combat.

just to clarify I love the map

and

I've been asking for a 1v1 map on pl for over a year mabey we see one soon :D