PDA

View Full Version : Platinum item returner

Catwoman
12-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I was thinking a little shop thing on the ship where you return play items you bought and you could get half the platinum back that you used to buy that item I think that would be a great idea so people are not just deleting items they can't use anymore

Ihavenokills
12-09-2011, 12:15 AM
would be extremely nice lol but it would make STS lose a lot of money since they make most of their money from people buying items in mid-level, out growing them, then buying items again; even though its half plat back :p also a lot of low level items are 1 plat to buy.

SuRfY
12-09-2011, 01:00 AM
and not forgetting the free offers downloads that give free plat.

krazii
12-09-2011, 01:39 AM
It would be nice if they let you "trade up" your plat items for a higher level plat item (plus some plat) or use lower level plat items in crafting at higher levels. There should be some sort of plat item sink so these items just don't rot in our stashes.

Liathea
12-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I like the 'trading up" idea very much. STS can still get people to buy plat, and people would be more willing to buy the plat gear if they didn't have to either keep the old gear for no reason or liquidate it for absolutely no gain whatsoever.

Fac3bon3s
12-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I had an idea I posted not long ago here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44487-Suggestion-Gear-Sets-amp-Level-Scale). But yes this would be nice.

bronislav84
12-09-2011, 10:07 PM
This is why I don't buy plat sets. I would be more inclined if this idea was implemented.

LelouchX
12-09-2011, 10:14 PM
I buy plat sets for my PvP toons I am capping at that level. someone mentioned that STS would lose money if this was enacted. try to think of it this way...... if I know I can get back half my plat, I'll buy more plat sets and other things from the plat store/DoTD. in the end, I will spend either the same amount of plat or more than I normally would knowing that I would be able to get some of it back. now, I rarely use plat on anything other than elixirs, but that would change immensely if I knew I could trade things back in. oh well, we get what we get. overall, I won't be complaining bc I love this game and STS doesn't REQUIRE anyone to pay anything to play it (yet...... please keep it this way!)