PDA

View Full Version : STR mage hype. need some info.

Reincar
12-09-2011, 12:15 AM
So, I've read some info on a str mage, and that it has better survivability due to higher armor, but doesn't this then take away from the role of a mage. I was under the impression that their main skills were based off of int, so taking int away for higher armor seems like it would.be hurting the class. Am I wrong, or am I missing something? Sorry for rambling. I'm interested in doing one for pve on my lvl 20. Would like some pros and cons to doing a str mage. Thanks

Imacoolbirdd
12-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Its called a pally :)

Reincar
12-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I realized that after I posted and then read a few other posts. Noob mistake on my part. All I know are birds.

Darkfader
12-09-2011, 12:58 AM
STR mage, pally, paladin, warmage, how ever you like to call it.

Pro and cons you mostly listed all by yours on a main post.

+ it has better survivability
- Specially in pve its very good is get ambushed by big group, least paladin is one who survive.
+ more health than int mage.
- ofc because of str points.

- Skill damage lower
- Because of lower int value
- Hit % wont be so good
- Dont know with other sets, but my pally with demonic set 140str and rest to int, does have 85% hit.

Zapoke
12-09-2011, 11:16 AM
At level 20, you'd have both dex and str, without int at all. If you use the "tank" set up, your paladin will be terrible at this level. Paladin in any level bellow 50 is not used for tanking. It's used for damage. And it's only better damage at 21-35 (21-25 using an onyx 2h, 30-35 using an iceberg 2h). At 35 a paladin won't have much more skill damage over a dex/int voodoo Mage. (my own 35 pally vs my voodoo), but it's auto attack is about 2.5x higher, making it much more dangerous lol. In 20's, if you have a pounder, I think you might be able to get more skill damage, but without the crit buff, it's pointless. Stick to int/dex or just int bellow 21, and over 36.