PDA

View Full Version : Money vs. Time

Bronxman2012
12-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Hello, all:

I read an interesting post today, pertaining to how some players purchase XP elixirs to level faster, thereby saving time. And the reasoning behind this was you can spend money buying platinum, thereby saving time to level.

And that is a very good perspective. However, I would like to share an alternate viewpoint.

I am a husband and father. I'm also a full-time employee, manager, and run a tutoring business. On top of that, I will be working as a coach for the Special Olympics in 2012.

Now, I'm not saying all of this so I can pat myself on the back. I've learned a long time ago that when you put yourself last, you lead a more rewarding life.

However, although I do level quickly, I don't play Pocket Legends to see how fast I can level, but rather for the pure enjoyment of the game and being part of this fantastic community. And I do plan to reach the coveted Level 66 (sounds like something from Revenge of the Sith), but I have no intent in rushing to do so. For me, the journey is more important than the destination.

Just my two cents,
Bronxman2012

Artentreri
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I feel the same way man, ive been level 64 for like 2 weeks now haha. It's just more fun to do runs at forest haven helpin the new peeps, and also sandstone, always nice to get a pink for helpin people hehe. Anyway, that's awesome what you're doing for the special Olympics. Not many people will go out of their way for anyone anymore it seems. Good thing we still got some people like you left. I haven't helped with anything on that scale, but my uncle started this thing called the challenger league, And it's for anyone who has any kind of handicap to come and play baseball. Full season, I think they have 4 teams now, it's pretty cool.