PDA

View Full Version : Guiding new players

Spooked
05-19-2019, 07:59 AM
•So!
Let's start where this idea originated from.
Today i was doing my daily routine of doing absolutely nothing in Paradise pier.
I was talking with a friend about some things and the topic of new players came up.
Since i came back to the game ive found it hard understanding several things.
Me being the addicted player i am eventually got the gist of it and picked up where i left many years ago.

•Now without further a due ill get to the point.
I know this has been a rather controversial topic but i still want to shed some light onto it as i think it's very important.

•So.
What about we make a more in-depth guide for new players, possibly even made by players, since we, the community have the most experience. (No offense devs)

•This would most definetely make alot of new players stick around for a while since i believe many newcomers quit solely for the fact the early game is rather hard to understand and get a hold off.

•I believe it's very hard to get a grip on the main mechanics and just overall gameplay experience if you have no idea how to even make solid progress.

•Let's have a debate about this since i think this is one of the most important discussions that can be held

-Leave courteous replied and try to keep the toxicity down.

Kind regards, Restraining

AndroidIzz
05-19-2019, 08:35 AM
Why don't we start by making a guild that is solely to help the new players

Spooked
05-19-2019, 09:49 AM
Why don't we start by making a guild that is solely to help the new players

No, because that will fail since noone is going to spend the time. Im talking about and implemented guiding system.
Like a button in the quick menu where players are instantly directed to a page where there is information about how to play the game.

Willl
05-19-2019, 11:44 AM
•So!
Let's start where this idea originated from.
Today i was doing my daily routine of doing absolutely nothing in Paradise pier.
I was talking with a friend about some things and the topic of new players came up.
Since i came back to the game ive found it hard understanding several things.
Me being the addicted player i am eventually got the gist of it and picked up where i left many years ago.

•Now without further a due ill get to the point.
I know this has been a rather controversial topic but i still want to shed some light onto it as i think it's very important.

•So.
What about we make a more in-depth guide for new players, possibly even made by players, since we, the community have the most experience. (No offense devs)

•This would most definetely make alot of new players stick around for a while since i believe many newcomers quit solely for the fact the early game is rather hard to understand and get a hold off.

•I believe it's very hard to get a grip on the main mechanics and just overall gameplay experience if you have no idea how to even make solid progress.

•Let's have a debate about this since i think this is one of the most important discussions that can be held

-Leave courteous replied and try to keep the toxicity down.

Kind regards, Restraining

Do you mean guides in forum, or when they login game?

Spooked
05-19-2019, 02:22 PM
Do you mean guides in forum, or when they login game?

Preferably a section in the quick menu like inventory, settings, auction, crafting etc.
That way its easily accessible.
Im aware there s a forum guide for new players but lets be honest, how many new players actually look on forums?

Razererxx
05-19-2019, 03:17 PM
Good idea.I would just say that guides need to be short and easy to understand(lets be honest who would read like 2 full pages of text at very begging of playing certain game)

Willl
05-19-2019, 04:42 PM
Preferably a section in the quick menu like inventory, settings, auction, crafting etc.
That way its easily accessible.
Im aware there s a forum guide for new players but lets be honest, how many new players actually look on forums?

Well can be a good idea, and i could help with that. But it is needed a dev feedback about it to make it available, maybe you should post in suggestion section and wait for Remi feedback

Avaree
05-19-2019, 08:28 PM
They could easily add tabs "to go to" behind the blurb, but i feel many newer players don't know they can tap/click that box for more info and a direct go to info on forum.

randomign
05-21-2019, 05:03 AM
agree, they need some motivated old players to help and guide them

randomign
05-21-2019, 05:05 AM
Good idea.I would just say that guides need to be short and easy to understand(lets be honest who would read like 2 full pages of text at very begging of playing certain game)

something like these short messages from sts, to guide their experience