PDA

View Full Version : A few diamonds in the rough.

Lowlyspy
12-10-2011, 02:21 AM
AO3 has once again brought me hope for the future

Keep in mind this team's max level was 47, the lowest was myself at 44. The team consisted of 3 mages and 2 bears, myself being one of the bears.

I decided to run a bit on my 2nd highest toon, Averagespy, in AO3 to work on getting him to 50. I was expecting to have a new team each map due to people questing/quitting/going afk/etc but to my surprise I stumbled upon a party that stuck with me all the way through the campaign. We started in close encounters where they had already disposed of Pl'thozz and were on their way to dealing with Ol'thozz. When we hit a wall of mobs we simply bulldozed over them and went on our merry way all the way to Ol'thozz's room. Ol'thozz was stubborn with his health and refused to go down quickly but he didn't put up much of a fight against this superb team.

Next we tackled K'sarr the Keeper, usually the end all to most parties that venture into his midst. The mummies, lorekeeper, and sniper didn't get a chance to fight back when we attacked and we rolled them up and tossed them aside like used tissues. I was actually expecting the whole party to disappear when we cleared everything but the keeper, but no, we just continued to grind over everything in our path, including the Keeper who bent over and bowed to our awesome power.

Next we headed into the alien prison cells to triumph over T'paxx and his jailers in order to gain access to the depths past his domain. At first the sheer number of aliens almost overwhelmed us but we struck back with renewed vigor at the thought of being defeated by such unworthy creatures. Eventually we plowed through the alien minions and T'paxx's jailers and made it to T'paxc himself. Let's just say that he didn't stand a chance and leave it at that.

Finally we emerged in the realm of the Karate Champion of the Galaxy Gurgox the Great. We trudged our way past all the minions and put down all of the karate participants. Slowly but surely we pushed through to Gurgox's chamber, and thus the battle begun. At first we had a slight issue when our mages got taken out by Gurgox's Fatal Grunt but the other bear and I had things under control, we had our pulls and stomps in such sync that Gurgox was constantly being tossed to and fro which allowed us to hold him off until our mages were able to rejoin the fight. With our team back at full strength we began the final stages of the fight. The mages spammed heal and revive whenever necessary, the other bear and I would take a dive in order to allow the mages to live whenever we weren't close enough for all of us to get an orb. Ultimately Gurgox was doomed from the start. We defeated him and I decided to call it a day.

When I left I let my trusty team know that they were by far the best team I had run with in the longest of times and commended them on their superb fighting abilities.

This team has really excited me as to what I can look forward to in the near future, skilled capped players that don't rely on the power of elixers to do what they need to do.

Skeletonlord
12-10-2011, 03:13 AM
wow. wicked story! you must feel awesome!

Cahaun
12-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Inspirational! I'm still thinking of making that guild I mentioned too. How much gold does it take to make one?

Arterra
12-10-2011, 08:18 AM
AO3 was and will always be the place to go if looking for serious players. anything before = anybody can do it, anything after = possible pot/grindfest
best place evah.

Skeletonlord
12-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Inspirational! I'm still thinking of making that guild I mentioned too. How much gold does it take to make one?

Making guild? Guilds are 250k gold or 20 plat each. You go to the knight in balefort and end of corridor. He gives you a licence, go the guild tab and click on the licence. You call it something and off u go.

Elyseon
12-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Pretty cool, i always liked those teams, but as you mentioned at first, they never seem to stick.

Cahaun
12-10-2011, 10:47 AM
250k!?! Wow that's a hefty price.

dudetus
12-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Nice story!

Even though when I myself rallied my own bear a few days ago through the whole Alien Oasis campaign I never ever found a decent party... Those countless numbers of scatterbears, not healing mages and everywhere running and dying archers were just a let down because I read from ur previous thread about how skillfull players there are in AO.

Without only a few exceptions all other players were a bit or pretty much noobish. At least one of the exceptions (a mage) had already 3 other mages which all were lvl 66 and I suspect that some of the other exceptions had other alts as well.

So my recent AO experience was a disappointment.

But anyways I made one new friend over there and made my bear to 65 so it wasn't that bad journey after all.