PDA

View Full Version : Best way to take screen shots using Windows 7

Bakoffmycandy
12-10-2011, 03:02 PM
I had to do some research to find the best way to take a screen shot using Windows 7. The 1rst method I found worked but required pasting your picture in Paint to save it.
This feature is simple, allows you to Crop as you take the picture & saves in PNG, Jpeg etc. All you need is to be running Windows 7 & you can use this anywhere, not just in a game.

Start Menu
Search Bar
Snipping Tool

This will bring up a small box on your screen & the whole screen is slightly highlighted blue
Now click anywhere on the screen & this prompts a Sizable box, simply drag the box to how big you want & let go of your mouse
This pops up the picture you just took
Now you can Edit the picture our Save it to your hard drive

I pinned the Snipping tool to my Taskbar so when I want to take a screen shot it is right there, easy to click (as long as I'm not full screened )

Let me know what ya think, I absolutely love it!

Heres an example of a Cropped Picture I took using Snipping Tool

mugen
12-10-2011, 03:34 PM
The chrome browser has a screenshot app you can download and it puts a little icon in your bar so it's just a click away and you can keystroke it as well :)

I'll post the name when I het back to CPU

I play on Mac and I have a native screenshot shortcut, pc's don't I guess?
Sent from my 3G Cellasaurus using Tapatalk

Bakoffmycandy
12-10-2011, 03:47 PM
The chrome browser has a screenshot app you can download and it puts a little icon in your bar so it's just a click away and you can keystroke it as well :)

I'll post the name when I het back to CPU

I play on Mac and I have a native screenshot shortcut, pc's don't I guess?
Sent from my 3G Cellasaurus using Tapatalk

I tried the G+ screen shot app as well but prefer the Snipping Tool. PC's did not have an Official Snapshot, it was Print Screen / Paste in Paint / And Save File. Kind of a pain. But they fixed that with the Snipping Tool in Windows 7. Pretty cool little feature!

Shaocalur
12-10-2011, 04:50 PM
I have a program I downloaded called Lightshot. Whenever you press "Print Screen" on your computer you can click and drag to tje size of the photo like you said.

Skeletonlord
12-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Wow. I'm on forum app now but when I get on windows 7 on my computer I'll try these methods. I like the snipping tool idea and the screenshot app from chrome, but what is better? Theres only 1 way to find out - FIGHT!

Yvonnel
12-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Hoversnap. Free windows program that replace print screen function. It automatically creates a jpeg file. Google it!

Tapatalk'd from my EH03 SuperClean Fascinate

BodMaster
12-11-2011, 08:47 AM
I like the snipping tool idea and the screenshot app from chrome, but what is better? Theres only 1 way to find out - FIGHT!

Lmao! Only British people will get this tho :p

Rodvik
12-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Was there something wrong with:

1) Print Screen Button
2) Open Paint
3) Ctrl + V

lol

BodMaster
12-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Was there something wrong with:

1) Print Screen Button
2) Open Paint
3) Ctrl + V

lol

Guessing so :p though this does seem alot more efficient ;)

Deathsminion
12-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Wow. I'm on forum app now but when I get on windows 7 on my computer I'll try these methods. I like the snipping tool idea and the screenshot app from chrome, but what is better? Theres only 1 way to find out - FIGHT!
LOL i have been using that all day. XD

i like bods sig but i like my sig but which is better theres only one way to find out... FIGHT!!!
Also i think just print screen and crop in word?

Qqqxxxzzz
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
I have mac(best computer system ever).
And I use grab.
Applications--> utilities--> grab

Deathsminion
12-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I have mac(best computer system ever).
And I use grab.
Applications--> utilities--> grab
Yay more mac users :D and in dark legion :D lol