PDA

View Full Version : Lowly's PL on Chrome Review

Lowlyspy
12-10-2011, 03:45 PM
So I decided to log in via Chrome and try out PL on my laptop today.

At first I was astonished by the sheer clarity of the graphics, the whole game looked much sharper and ran unbelieveably smooth. I was confused as to what buttons did what but after about 5 minutes I was able to get the general gist of the controls and decided to do a quick run through plasma pyramid to test how the system reacted to the stress of spammed skills and high amounts of mobs.

The game performed beautifully. There was no lag whatsoever. I couldn't have asked for anything more....well I still haven't been able to find the potions buttons xD

Overall I give PL for Chrome a 4.9/5 for the time being, once I figure out where the potion buttons are I will edit that to a rightfully earned 5/5

Nick41324
12-10-2011, 03:48 PM
The only problem I have is the fact that you cant have a custom key layout.
I would actually buy a gaming key board just to play PL, if STS decides to add it in a future.

RBeltran
12-10-2011, 03:56 PM

At first I was astonished by the sheer clarity of the graphics, the whole game looked much sharper and ran unbelieveably smooth. I was confused as to what buttons did what but after about 5 minutes I was able to get the general gist of the controls and decided to do a quick run through plasma pyramid to test how the system reacted to the stress of spammed skills and high amounts of mobs.

The game performed beautifully. There was no lag whatsoever. I couldn't have asked for anything more....well I still haven't been able to find the potions buttons xD

Overall I give PL for Chrome a 4.9/5 for the time being, once I figure out where the potion buttons are I will edit that to a rightfully earned 5/5

I think the potion buttons are [ and ]

Bunnyshoota
12-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Is there a complete list of hotkeys somewhere?
Also, there should be customized keys. :)

Skeletonlord
12-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Is there a complete list of hotkeys somewhere?
Also, there should be customized keys. :)

Yes ive made a thread in chrome beta pl called Keyboard shortcuts- can't link because on forum app but you will find it.
Very impressed with chrome version. Keep it up guys!

Ablueelf
12-10-2011, 04:38 PM
One thing I don't like is the sound is muffled, accept for when you click on certain things and the music. I can't hear my skills! Also I can't hear myself shooting/attacking. It's irritating me. I cant get into the game with sound effects that I can barely hear! Anyone else noticed this?

Flippys
12-10-2011, 04:49 PM
One thing I don't like is the sound is muffled, accept for when you click on certain things and the music. I can't hear my skills! Also I can't hear myself shooting/attacking. It's irritating me. I cant get into the game with sound effects that I can barely hear! Anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I have noticed that as well.

I have also begun to experience slow loading screens since PL was introduced to chrome. Once in the instance, the game is fine, but the load screen is taking noticeably longer between instances.

Buffedbear Pl
12-10-2011, 04:52 PM

Yeah I see where you're coming from...I was a little annoyed by the muffed sounds too. I really need the SFX when I PvP, it really helps me time my skills right. But it doesn't bother me that much because I get blown away by everything else PL Chrome has to offer. :D

Battlelock
12-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I think its pretty awesome what they have done by making their games usable on multiple platforms. Truly awesome indeed.

The graphics are far from astonishing on Chrome. The muffled & lack of sounds & effects is nerve racking. There needs to be key mapping for skills, potions & movement.

Overall for a browser game its pretty good but lots of room for improvement.

I'll stick to phone & tablet usage for now.

Ablueelf
12-10-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm more on iPad and phone than chrome. But it's still sick!(: if they fixed the muffled sounds, I'd be happy as can be.:D

Beanmachine
12-11-2011, 04:32 AM
I made a thread about Chrome suggestions with custom buttons etc. and some others (like an action button to interact) 2 weeks ago but never got a reply:/

Fortress
12-16-2011, 06:24 PM

Yeah, same exact thing with SL. Ran PERFECTLY. I was so glad I could finally play it on Chrome. I was wondering about where the potion buttons were too...