PDA

View Full Version : violentsaints guide to powerleveling (from lvl 1 to 45 in 3 days or less!)

Violentsaint
07-17-2010, 12:39 AM
hey everyone, wanna know how to level up fast? this your your guide.

ill lay it out in simple step by step instructions for new players.

STEP ONE: purchase alien oasis part 2 campaign for 10 platinum

STEP TWO: add some high level players in town or ask some high level friends you know to help.

STEP THREE: play the first 2 levels of alien oasis part 2 to unlock level three (if u havnt unlocked on another character already)

STEP FOUR: once youve entered level three and have a full party. buy a 'hardcore playa potion' (they cost 1500 gold or 3 platinum). your potion will last 5 minutes. kill as many enemys as you can until your potion runs out. (avoid bosses, the big blue guys!). oh and dont die, you lose your experience potion

STEP FIVE: leave game once your experience potion has run out, rehost level three. repeat the above step.

proof this works. i levelled my warrior ManBearSaint from 1 to 45 in three days.

DAY ONE: levelled from 1 to 30

DAY TWO: levelled from 30 to 40

DAY THREE: Levelled from 40 to 45.

This has been another quality guide by ViolentSaint

Mr2hitk0
07-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Thanks im gonna go do this now im lvl 18 :)

KingFu
07-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Lol, nice job, but, your encouraging more lower level players to add us randomly and level in higher level campaigns. :(

Jstizar
07-17-2010, 01:43 AM
hey everyone, wanna know how to level up fast? this your your guide.

ill lay it out in simple step by step instructions for new players.

STEP ONE: purchase alien oasis part 2 campaign for 10 platinum

STEP TWO: add some high level players in town or ask some high level friends you know to help.

STEP THREE: play the first 2 levels of alien oasis part 2 to unlock level three (if u havnt unlocked on another character already)

STEP FOUR: once youve entered level three and have a full party. buy a 'hardcore playa potion' (they cost 1500 gold or 3 platinum). your potion will last 5 minutes. kill as many enemys as you can until your potion runs out. (avoid bosses, the big blue guys!). oh and dont die, you lose your experience potion

STEP FIVE: leave game once your experience potion has run out, rehost level three. repeat the above step.

proof this works. i levelled my warrior ManBearSaint from 1 to 45 in three days.

DAY ONE: levelled from 1 to 30

DAY TWO: levelled from 30 to 40

DAY THREE: Levelled from 40 to 45.

This has been another quality guide by ViolentSaint

You must have a few days off if you did all this..now you can help me level my warrior :P.

bmc85uk
07-17-2010, 06:53 AM
I think it's a real shame lower players are missing out on levelling in groups through the right campaigns, not that there's really any incentive, droprates and such.

Hopefully now the devs have found a sweet spot for droprates they can change them for 1.3 (fingers crossed) and the early campaigns will be more worth running, I know I'd be happy to run through them and help people level if there was a chance of getting some drops to twink new characters with :-)

KingFu
07-17-2010, 07:03 AM
They don't realize that in every campaign, you get 2 XP max....

bmc85uk
07-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Maybe so, but it's still quicker with a group of people tearing through mummies on AO2:3 because of how quickly they go down, coupled with the fact you can run straight through about 90 of them without facing anything harder.

Violentsaint
07-17-2010, 08:46 AM
You must have a few days off if you did all this..now you can help me level my warrior :P.

accualy i was working all three of those days aswell, those wernt intire days of playing , just a couple of hours each day.

and @ bmc85uk im sure when quests come out that will be an added insentive to doing the low level campaigns, unless we have to buy campaign packs or somthing rediculous like that.

KingFu
07-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Maybe so, but it's still quicker with a group of people tearing through mummies on AO2:3 because of how quickly they go down, coupled with the fact you can run straight through about 90 of them without facing anything harder.

Yeah, but they deal more damage than the lower level enemies, so, lower levels die easier. To me it is pointless to power level the whole time in AO2....

Addihul
07-17-2010, 11:09 AM
This can be done yes, but I suggest it only for folks who already have a 45 and know the people who are Pl'ing them. I love xp'ing in ao2, but out of respect I don't even bother trying to get into a02 groups until I'm 25-30ish where I can actually contribute without dying.

To expand on your step 2, it's always best to message higher level players first before spamming friend adds. I hate all the noobs who just send random friend invites for to me seems like no reason except to expand their friends list.

Violentsaint
07-17-2010, 08:52 PM
heck i dont care if noobs ask me to level them, like im busy doing everything else there is to do for level caped players *sarcasm*

Cascade
07-17-2010, 10:00 PM
This does work I lvled from 36 to 41 in about 2 hrs or so with hardcore player potions blazing :D

Barbamitsos
07-18-2010, 11:01 AM
32-45 in 2.5 hours for my bobear sirlegend

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-18-2010, 06:54 PM
I got my bowbear from level 1 to 40 in one whole day...and yeah.

Violentsaint
07-18-2010, 08:09 PM
I got my bowbear from level 1 to 40 in one whole day...and yeah.

grats for having no life ^-^

Jstizar
07-19-2010, 12:12 AM
grats for having no life ^-^

I've had my bearnub for weeks now and he is kicking it at level 30 8-)

Violentsaint
07-19-2010, 01:24 AM
I've had my bearnub for weeks now and he is kicking it at level 30 8-)

grats man, i love playing on my warrior, i wear ursan warlord armor to look cool, most people wouldnt wear it because of stats, but im wearing a thoth helm and 6m/s is more than enough for me to spam all my warrior skills :)

FluffNStuff
07-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Why this is a bad idea for newbs without another account they leveled through the swamps:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4408-Why-your-runs-take-so-long.

bladesword
07-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Just low lv guys callin us doesnt help that much..
They need to figure ways to have fun =9
ITs not all about leveling =0

Violentsaint
08-09-2010, 04:12 AM
-bump-

just thought this thread would be useful and its kinda died so yer... ;)

Iambirdman
08-09-2010, 09:21 AM
It's a bad idea and it's not very useful sorry

KingFu
08-09-2010, 09:25 AM
I am going to level a new character and delete both my level 20ish characters, I may keep one, he has a bad ratio already but I can probably clean it up, and my mage, just, it can't live for very long ;)