PDA

View Full Version : Comparison between Crafted Orlok sword and Demonic mace in PVP

stephen928
12-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Finally i have levelled both my bear and bird to max level (lv66). It's time of course to see how both characters fare in PVP.
Equipped with crafted Orlok set, I was fighting with another bear who's also lv 66 and equipped with Crafted Orlok set. I took him down for the first game. However, for the second game he's changed to demonic mace and all the armors stayed the same (Crafted orlok armor). Interestingly enough, I was killed by him in no time, and i realised how strong he had become once he's equipped with the demonic mace.

Then i was so thrilled to find out why that's the case. Then I compared the stat of both crafted orlok sword and demonic mace.
Below is what i have found out:
When i was equipped with Crafted Orlok set I gained:

5 STR
3 Crit
2Dodge
6 Health
7 Regen
6 Armor
But I lost:

24 (min)-70 (max) damage
and 20 DPS

All in all, crafted orlok set may give a bear an overall boost in strength and tank ability.
However, it's worth considering whether it's necessary better in PVP terms.
I actually reckon demonic mace+ crafted orlok armor (helm, plate and shield) give the best PVP effect so far. One would expect a lv65 crafted set would be better than a lv60 crafted set, however, it may not necessarily be the case.
Let me know what you think. :)

Kaarataka
12-11-2011, 04:27 AM
You should look at your skill/spell dmg and then compare. You will notice that the Orlok sword has far stronger dmg. The reason you were getting beat by the mace is the proc it gives. The mace gives stun proc and bears in general are dangerous in close quarters, mainly because they can continually stun you. Learn which skill breaks stun and save it for when you get stunned. I'm sure you will fair much better when you notice how to strategically place your status break spell/skill. I'm a mage so mine is of course heal. I believe the birds is break but I'm not sure since I don't play bird. Bears also have a status ailment break with is stomp if I remember rcorrectly. Again I also don't really play bear in pvp so I'm unsure, but there is always a counter for each skill. The proc for the orlok sword is nightmare(-30% dodge, -30 armor) so maybe you should hold your strongest skills for after you have debuffed the enemy and the proc has gone off. As for me, I'm a fully Crafted orlok pally.

Good Luck

Ixillicus
12-11-2011, 09:16 AM
It is definitely the stun proc that gives the mace the advantage. The skill damage is lower with the mace... which is something Kaar mentioned. The trade-off is the stun ability and higher base damage of the mace... which can lead to a challenge... but I do think crafted Orlok would prevail using the proper strategy.

Xazic
12-11-2011, 10:26 AM
I beg to differ, but the crafted orlok set owns the demonic set... (Proven in combat) They are designed so the higher lvl set has stronger areas where the lower lvl ones have weaknesses.

And of course the skill damage rises with lvl sets.

13lacklegionz
12-11-2011, 11:59 AM
I beg to differ, but the crafted orlok set owns the demonic set... (Proven in combat) They are designed so the higher lvl set has stronger areas where the lower lvl ones have weaknesses.

And of course the skill damage rises with lvl sets.

He's not talking about a crafted orlok set vs demonic set. He is talking about a crafted orlok set vs the crafted orlok set with the mace replacing the sword.

Swimmingstar
12-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Off topic: What can mages do to stop stun?

Register
12-11-2011, 05:07 PM
I saw one of the helptips saying that BOV and BOM can help reduce stun

Ixillicus
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Can kite and avoid getting stunned in the first place.. maybe.

Kaarataka
12-12-2011, 01:54 AM

Heal curse all status ailments.

Ellyidol
12-12-2011, 02:01 AM
I saw one of the helptips saying that BOV and BOM can help reduce stun

Yeah, apparently BoV can.

WhoIsThis
12-12-2011, 05:38 AM
You lose the set bonus and the difference in stats between the orlok sword and demonic mace.

In return you get the ability to stun.

For a warbird or pally it probably isn't worth it since their abilities are ranged, but for a bear it might be useful.