PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to be a AOA ( ambassadors of alttera )

Mremad_297
12-11-2011, 01:22 PM
i started helping new players . giving them some gold . solving their problems in games . telling them about this forums and totally solving their problems and making friend with them .
i wanted to know how long does it take to be a aoa . i wanna be a good guy :D
i was banned before cuz i did something wrong about two month ago . but i am helping players .
:D i hope they choose me as a aoa .
and
wat should a aoa do ? !!
wat is his missions in game ?
can i be a aoa if i continue helping new players ?
how long does it take ?

my ign is : UECAARAFITIE plz respond and comment if u know about my questions :D

Mremad_297
12-11-2011, 01:24 PM
and another one -
do we get plats ?

Skeletonlord
12-11-2011, 01:25 PM
You need to pm pandar who runs the AOA group. I can't tell you how long it takes due to pandar thinking it. There isnt a time period, it is when he thinks you are ready. You can be recommended by a members as well.
You don't get plat but you may get a reward of some sort.
A AOA is there to help new players and there is a guide about AOA written by DanielRh. If you speak to him you can get the guide.

Mremad_297
12-11-2011, 01:27 PM
You need to pm pandar who runs the AOA group. I can't tell you how long it takes due to pandar thinking it. There isnt a time period, it is when he thinks you are ready. You can be recommended by a members as well.
You don't get plat but you may get a reward of some sort.
and how can i pm him ? i mean pandar

Skeletonlord
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Search for him, Go to his profile, and press send private message.

maneatingtree
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey mrremad

The ambassador program is open for anyone to join. We are working on an application peocess for aoa but until we have it finished new members are being chpsen by current members. Diagram:

We see someone helping-we suggest to others and pandar- we vote on it and person does or does not get in

And no we dont get plat. AoA is about helping others not about getting plat.

Lol i got ninjad

Mremad_297
12-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey mrremad

The ambassador program is open for anyone to join. We are working on an application peocess for aoa but until we have it finished new members are being chpsen by current members. Diagram:

We see someone helping-we suggest to others and pandar- we vote on it and person does or does not get in

And no we dont get plat. AoA is about helping others not about getting plat.

Lol i got ninjad
tanX dude for ur help :D plz tell pandar about me .. i will do watever can help me to be a aoa ... i luv helping players . plz tell him about me and vote lol

maneatingtree
12-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Pandar is a really awesome actibe dev. He will probably see you on when you are helping ppl. BTW what is your lvl 10 or below helpers name? Would be good to know if i see you in game.

Mremad_297
12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
oh im lvl 62 dude not lvl 10 ... i must be under 10 ?

Skeletonlord
12-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Yes. You need to be level 10 or under to be classed as a AOA because you aren't allowed to powerlevel new players. I suggest you make a new char and level it up to 10. Then that character will be the ambassador.
Hope I helped! Use the thanks if I
Did

NECROREAPER
12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
1. There is no application process as of now but it is in the works

2. We DO NOT get plat for being an AoA

3. We DO NOT get any sort of reward for being an AoA. If you think the party hat is a 'reward', it isn't because everyone who waves at us gets a party hat.

4. Asking to become AoA is quite possibly one of the worst things you could do to become an AoA. If you look for it, you won't find it, It will seek you when you're ready.

5. Making a lvl 10 character and standing around in FH spamming "duz n e 1 ned halp" or running along with them in dungeons does not mean you will become an AoA.

6. Check this thread that was posted yesterday, it has some very good responses in it and answers most of, if not all of your questions:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45129-Aoa-membership

7. And I quote myself from the above posted thread:

What I tell everyone who asks about becoming AoA is: just keep doing what you're doing and be yourself. If you're purposefully trying to be helpful to get into AoA and get noticed, trust me, we can tell and it doesn't help your cause. I'm not saying this to be a downer, its just that we have so many people who want to join just for the status, even though literally *every* single person will say that they aren't doing it just for that.

As I said, just be yourself and keep doing what you've been doing, if it's what we're looking for, we'll come find you, no need to find us.

Remember, being AoA is not glamorous, and we aren't held in the limelight like GOA are. Being an AoA is often frustrating and we often get yelled at, made fun of (because people think we don't know anything), pestered non stop for vanities, joining the guild, and how to be an AoA. It is NOT something for the faint of heart and for those who crumble under the pressure of a mob of people asking questions and getting mad at you cause you can't put more antennae into their greedy little hands. However, being an AoA is quite rewarding to know that you're helping someone enjoy and understand the game more, something many of us older players had to figure out for ourselves. The benefits far outweigh the costs but remember that its not always fun-fanciful-unicorns-prancing-in-a-golden-happy-sunshine-meadow kind of work, you will get irritated and upset, but how you handle under all the pressure from others is what makes the AoA stand out from the crowd.

Fao
12-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Pandar is a really awesome actibe dev. He will probably see you on when you are helping ppl. BTW what is your lvl 10 or below helpers name? Would be good to know if i see you in game.so you r supposed to be level 10 or under when you are helping others? Oh well I use my main account when I help others he is level 57, so r u suggesting I use my level 10 str bear?

Siejo
12-11-2011, 01:47 PM

The Ambassadors are capped out at 10 to make our focus be the new players. They are often stepped on and overlooked because they are low level players but just remember we were all new at one point ;) As Necroreaper said it isn't about getting a reward. The best reward is knowing you have helped a new player get on the right track in the game.

NECROREAPER
12-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Another quote from that thread I linked above:

No worries.

I think what people don't get about AoA is that we don't have to be on our AoA characters to be fulfilling our AoA "duties," which aren't really duties in the first place because we were doing those things long before we were appointed to be AoA.

AoA =/= Lvl 10 or below twink who spams "N e 1 haz ?" in Forest Haven or goes out of their way to help people.

AoA = Players in the community recognized by STS to be helpful and as such, STS has asked us to be present and well known in game to be of extra assistance to any player who might be in need of some help.

maneatingtree
12-11-2011, 01:49 PM
@ fao i do suggest you use ur lvl 10 because then the new players can relate to you better and it is a req for aoa :)

Mremad_297
12-11-2011, 02:13 PM
u said necro do not go to FH and help people . so how should i help them !! HOWWW

Skeletonlord
12-11-2011, 02:18 PM
u said necro do not go to FH and help people . so how should i help them !! HOWWW

I think he is saying helping people doesnt give you a better chance at becoming one. You need to be reccomeded by a member or enter the application form when it comes out. We haven't been told when the applications will come out, probably will be early next year.

Mremad_297
12-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I think he is saying helping people doesnt give you a better chance at becoming one. You need to be reccomeded by a member or enter the application form when it comes out. We haven't been told when the applications will come out, probably will be early next year.
Oh .i must wait until next year :D lol nice .

WoundedEagle
12-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Do you just want to be an Ambassador for benefits? Came across that way. You ask us to suggest you, yet we haven't seen you help anyone in-game. We don't want people (not saying you are a person like this) that helps some new-people, gets the Ambassador title and all the benefits, and then ditches the program and quits helping n00bs. Not how we roll. I think that if we see someone helping multiple times without begging us to suggest them is perfect. Help newer people and whatever. Like I tell everyone who asks me how to become a GoA: Each Guardian was picked for a completely different reason and similar attributes. Help what you want and do what you can and maybe you'll be rewarded...

Mremad_297
12-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Do you just want to be an Ambassador for benefits? Came across that way. You ask us to suggest you, yet we haven't seen you help anyone in-game. We don't want people (not saying you are a person like this) that helps some new-people, gets the Ambassador title and all the benefits, and then ditches the program and quits helping n00bs. Not how we roll. I think that if we see someone helping multiple times without begging us to suggest them is perfect. Help newer people and whatever. Like I tell everyone who asks me how to become a GoA: Each Guardian was picked for a completely different reason and similar attributes. Help what you want and do what you can and maybe you'll be rewarded...
Who said i want AOA for banefits !! i wanna be a part of this guild and help new players.

NECROREAPER
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM
You come across that way is what Wounded is saying. Besides, there are no benefits to AoA aside from self satisfaction, lol.

RedRyder
12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm actually the only one over level 10 lol. Lv 11 baby!

Whirlzap
12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Who said i want AOA for banefits !! i wanna be a part of this guild and help new players.
Not exactly the best move.
Wanting to be part of the AoA Guild=Benefit is what I deduce.
Guys, this kid's new. He's unfamiliar to how we roll.

Lemme give you a few tips, buddy!

1. You won't get AoA from making threads about how you help others and give gold.
Nope. Nothing. Sorry, try another time.
2. Stating that you where previously banned and came back isn't a good move either.
So, -1 for that right now.

3. You'll laugh at how many other people made these threads for GoA. Did any of them get in?
Lemme tell you, none. 0% success rate. The Developers/AoA don't exactly like these threads. In fact, we hate 'em.
If you want to be AoA, go and like, help. But don't walk around acting devoted.
Just be yourself. We got AoA because we were being ourselves, not trying to be a devoted AoA #1 Fan.

KTpantyhose
12-11-2011, 06:48 PM
and another one -
do we get plats ?

yeah that's never going to get you in. we aren't looking for people who only want in for perks. we want reliable, honest, nice people who really do want to help people.

Onaraasider
12-12-2011, 08:18 AM
For all you who want to be in aoa answer this question: if aoa didnt have vanity items or weren't getting vanity items,would you, honestly, want to be in aoa?I know most of you will lie and say "of course". but i want a detailed response and if i believe it i might possibly recommend some people for aoa.
BTW,never give new players gold!Give them items from the merchants in FH,but they will ask you for gold constantly if you give gold.

DanielRH
12-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Hey Mremad,

I think its GREAT that you want to help out, and we will definitely keep an eye out for potential AoAwho are helping out alot.

But really the title is not the best part, nor the hat... its the feeling of satisfaction when you have just made the difference for some new player in the world of alterra, and you don't need some title to get in your way to do that... just head out to forest haven and strike up conversations with some new players, or maybe join the first map in forest haven and help people figure out how to play their character. However you help, I guaruntee it will be much appreciated and give you a feeling of great satisfaction!

Urqui
12-12-2011, 08:51 AM
@whirlzap
you were kinda harsh on this guy bro...

zeusabe
12-12-2011, 08:59 AM
What was harsh about that? XD He was even giving tips

Roc
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
I just want to point out that a handful of AoA were not overly present on the forums before they were picked :). They demonstrated an interest and provided their thoughts. They were, in short, trusted. You must demonstrate that you are responsible, helpful, kind, and patient but ultimately that, when faced with a new player's question, the devs can trust you to keep those qualities. What goes around comes around, they say, so if you do good, good will happen to you. That's as awesome a benefit as anyone could hope for ;)

Zeus
12-12-2011, 09:46 AM
He just wanted to join like anybody else of the founding members of the AoA committee. Need I remind us of the original "application process"? I realize we are AoA, but we are not being very AoA material by hammering down on this guy.

Here's the link to the original application thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39599-Calling-all-of-those-who-wish-to-help-the-weak!-Important-meeting-at-7pm-Eastern

StompArtist
12-12-2011, 09:51 AM
He just wanted to join like anybody else of the founding members of the AoA committee. Need I remind us of the original "application process"? I realize we are AoA, but we are not being very AoA material by hammering down on this guy.

Perhaps someone needs to clarify what AoA's are and what the benefits (can be things like "emotionally rewarding") are so people wanting to be AoA do not have to expose themselves to the very deep scrutiny of some members around these forums?

Zeus
12-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Perhaps someone needs to clarify what AoA's are and what the benefits (can be things like "emotionally rewarding") are so people wanting to be AoA do not have to expose themselves to the very deep scrutiny of some members around these forums?

There is a guideline, but it's in a private section of the forums. :/

I think it would be better if that very same list of guidelines was made publically.

zeusabe
12-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm not interested by any means but I'm curious, let's say this is a job application, how would you know which ones are qualified if your basis are mostly "virtues" that are very hard to quantify even governments can't pick the best candidates using these criteria. Take for instance, the Noble Prize award, where it is clear that any advancements in culture and science is acknowledged and thousands of candidates are nominated and assessed based on votes, does it have a similar mechanic? and if yes, who nominates the candidates and on what basis? Is it safe to say that the members of AOA are the most responsible, most helpful, most kind, most patient, and most trustful in-game? If so, how was this assessed because I am personally not aware of any form of measure of helpfulness, kindness, or patience, other than counting it? Were these deeds captured on still photos and posted on a database since, apparently, forum posts do not merit anything according to current members. I'm genuinely curious about it because all I've read so far are generic you should be nice, but AOA is a group open for everyone, I think the qualification process should be further discussed more than its mission and vision for everyone's full understanding because virtues are vague meaning it's indefinite you cannot quantify it and is indistinct by nature which is the reason why it was never used as a qualifier in most applications (even priesthood and monks do not have these qualifications and use liberal arts similar to your academic curriculum). This is a serious inquiry for everyone's consumption. Please enlighten. Thanks.

KTpantyhose
12-12-2011, 10:04 AM
you asked if we get platinum -____-' that would be for benefits...

Zeus
12-12-2011, 10:11 AM
you asked if we get platinum -____-' that would be for benefits...

But we also asked for items, when we were told of them. Wouldn't that also be for benefits? Yes, I realize Sam said he would give them to us, but notice how we all stopped the topic at the time of being an AoA and concentrating on those exclusive items? Meh, maybe it wasn't for benefits. What I'm trying to get at is, he got the message once, y'all are just hammering it down on him now. Anyways. we make judgements in private, so why does it matter if he makes a thread about it and thinks about the benefits?

BodMaster
12-12-2011, 10:16 AM

Here's the link to the original application thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39599-Calling-all-of-those-who-wish-to-help-the-weak!-Important-meeting-at-7pm-Eastern

Agreed! When in the meeting with mod (now Pandar I believe) there was alot of this going on, we were pretty much throwing out any ideas of how this could be run, but as with anything like this their are some that just want this for the 'glory' AoA or Not.

I liked the idea and what it was it had the potential to become, but unfortunately im not a massive playerbon the PL side so did not give anymore feedback as to wanting to join. Didnt see it being right with genuine members that play PL fully and someone like myself to have it but not be as active as another.

Think the launch and continuation of AoA is no small feat. Alot if the members have put their whole into this, just feel though I agree it should be made more publicly say a thread like GoA/SG wouldn't this just bring all players to want to join (the worthy/unworthy, genuine/'fake', 'as they have followed the list and not got in yet?' (copy of GoA/SG threads current situation) Seems the only way is making one and closing the thread, but im sure people will just makes threads like these in the general section. Sorely inevitable I believe.

zeusabe
12-12-2011, 10:20 AM
...sorry to interfere but I think you guys are going off-topic XD

BodMaster
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
...sorry to interfere but I think you guys are going off-topic XD

Not 100% true, their title reads "How long does it take to become a AoA?" if there was a thread explaining this then they wouldnt have needed to post this in the first place. Not only their question in title/OP but any others that you (any) may have. (Not referring to an "I WANT" thread though, clearly facts of how this is all considered)

zeusabe
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
WOW (not the game), that's what I call return fire but well let me break it to you...it's not my thread so everything else you just said are...I dunno, how do I put it...fine, I'll be nice, irrelevant XD Anyway, you really are off-topic so...just saying LOL, I'm so laughing now XD XD XD

Zeus
12-12-2011, 10:45 AM
WOW (not the game), that's what I call return fire but well let me break it to you...it's not my thread so everything else you just said are...I dunno, how do I put it...fine, I'll be nice, irrelevant XD Anyway, you really are off-topic so...just saying LOL, I'm so laughing now XD XD XD

I don't think he was flaming you. Also, you may want to place "we" instead of you, because your post archetypes an off topic post. Honestly, I think you're just here to criticize others. I remember in another post, you purposely twisted my in game wording to make me appear like a jerk. Developers can check the logs on this, when I said I had a similar name to you. Not suggesting you rename because your name was the same as mine. I really wish I knew how to cast winguardian leviosa...

zeusabe
12-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Yes he was until he edited the "your" to "their", anyway, no big deal to me actually, I'm not getting any trophy for pointing out a mistake XD

Bronxman2012
12-12-2011, 10:59 AM
I'd like to present a different perspective on this. First, it is great that after doing something bad two months ago, you are changing your ways, and looking to help other players. However, keep in mind that as difficult as it is to build a good reputation, it is that easy to have that good reputation come crashing down. Also, it takes time to restore others' faith in you. Depending on what you did, it may take a lot longer than two months.

All you can do is focus on the present, which means just continue to do what you are doing, and that is helping others. Also, keep in mind that people do talk on Pocket Legends. If you help enough people, your actions will be known. Although I am relatively new to Pocket Legends (though a level 62 character), I get thanks for many players for things I have done days, if not, weeks ago. However, the reward is in the attitude, not the gratitude.

I don't help players because of some membership or even for recognition, but because I want to help them. Knowing what it is like to be a noobie, and how well some of the veterans treated me, I want to continue that tradition, thereby helping in a small way for the game and community to grow.

However, and it really boils down to this, if there were no reward, would you help others in the game? If your answer to this is Yes, then continue helping others. If your answer to this is No, then your benevolence stems from selfishness, rather than from generosity or altruism.

And of course, it would be nice to be asked to be part of the AOA, but the reward is in the helping, not the title. Continue to help for the sake of helping, and good things will happen. You'll see.

Just my two cents,
Bronxman2012

zeusabe
12-12-2011, 11:01 AM
"Apollo? are you the dude who messaged me in-game saying you have a character with a similar name to mine, well, I'd like to make it official (since I've read of mimicry issues here), that my name is my handle here and I have no intention of stealing you or anyone's identity, besides, I just back read some of your posts and we're nowhere alike LOL. Like I said, will rename when I come up with something new, I know you're a veteran, I've been a lurker for a year, blame it on the system, it assigned me this name zeusabe, regardless, I just wanted to post it here so in the near future (when I gain more friends), they don't mistake me as you and you as me XD."

Are you referring to this post? Did I say something to imply that you're a jerk? Didn't I acknowledge you're a veteran? Didn't I say I will rename myself in-game (please provide those logs) because I felt there are so many similar names to mine? Well...the "blame it on the system" statement is an expression...it doesn't necessarily mean I'm saying you're blaming me...it's like this: Oh You're so awesome Apollo and you go like, aw that's nothing "blame it on my mother" for having good genes...XD I see we have little misunderstanding, so I'll go forward and admit I used incorrect idioms with limited ways of expressing if it was meant as a joke or not XD Anyway, your friend was still off-topic and I addressed him directly because I was talking to him directly which is not grammatically incorrect by any means, you can actually focus on a subject you know XD In fact, you can backread as you please since we're forums and you can do that too. I'm not picking any fights, I'm just here to share my opinions. If you think I'm a critic, maybe I am, but don't hate me because of it, besides, some people actually have careers based on that, and by the way, if you really read my previous posts, I have posted good things as well, so not all. Thanks.

CrimsonTider
12-12-2011, 11:20 AM
@Zeus:

Weren't you the one pointing out early posts being off topic? Let's leave your personal issues with another poster in-game or through pm. Thanks.

Back on topic....

OP... my advice is to be true and unexpecting. This is when the appreciation shows.

zeusabe
12-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Ok sorry, at least I admit my mistake, won't happen again sir XD

Urqui
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Peace!!!
Be nice guys:)
Who are AoA are in AoA
& whoever will be AoA.... Pandar will decide XD
& that's that!

Elyseon
12-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Main point u dont need to ask to be an AoA so u can help people. U can help them anyways. Help noobs beat bosses explain stuff to them. This wont get u into the AoAs for sure, but that is a trait that makes an AoA.

Duped
12-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Agree with Elyseon, basically, you don't need to be a part of AoA to be helpful. Keep being helpful, and maybe one day you'll get in. If not, you have the satisfaction of helping people.

NECROREAPER
12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Why is this such I highly and hotly debated topic?

Elysony
12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Ok, haha what is said in-game leave in-game ( Unless it is like a curse then you should not post but report ) There was quite honestly no good in posting something about Apollo, leave that in-game ! Regarding '' How long does it take to become a AoA member ? '' Well if you don't ask maybe a lot sooner :) Just be nice and Pandar will tell you !

Onaraasider
12-12-2011, 04:48 PM

1. You won't get AoA from making threads about how you help others and give gold.
2. Stating that you where previously banned and came back isn't a good move either.
So, -1 for that right now.Well,there is a member in GoA who was banned and came back.

3. You'll laugh at how many other people made these threads for GoA. Did any of them get in?
Lemme tell you, none. 0% success rate. The Developers/AoA don't exactly like these threads. In fact, we hate 'em.
Just be yourself. We got AoA because we were being ourselves, not trying to be a devoted AoA #1 Fan.i agree with whirlz,you need to actually help.And why would you think we get free plat?
Here is my story of how i got in to aoa, so you can understand:
I myself was thrilled with the idea of AoA, it was a great idea, as a newbie, i helped other newbies as a newbie.I didnt just answer questions, i gave tours around the whole kingdom of alterra(at the time i was lvl 30), i gave my unwanted items, and i taught them how to make money.then as time passed,new players began to become more independent and wanted to learn stuff on their own,so i stopped helping and months later(started pl in june-july)aoa was born. i found out about aoa on the day they were choosing people so i wasn't able to get in,but i was determined. I didnt think about people watching and spying on me every second.then i later met a good friend in aoa,Ktpantyhose, she after a day or two saw me helping new players, the way i helped and little frustration. i ended up helping her alot, even though i wasn't in Aoa,it felt like it. i had no problem being in aoa,it still gave me a reason to help ppl. Then days later i was recommended for aoa and watched by many members(i didnt know they were watching). i met moderator7 and we became friends as well, he is now pandar, the leader of aoa.A day or two later i was entered into aoa,along with a friend named DanielRh. i didnt find out about it untill late at night when siejo came up and said congratz, and told me why.I didn't want to be in aoa for a vanity,but i wanted to be in it to be looked up upon for help.

Mremad_297
12-13-2011, 03:32 PM

So, -1 for that right now.

Just be yourself. We got AoA because we were being ourselves, not trying to be a devoted AoA #1 Fan.
Dont be rude man :P so u hate my thread , dont answer .

Skeletonlord
12-13-2011, 03:37 PM
ok. mremad_297, checked with danielrh who is like a co leader and he is setting up aplications for january

Mremad_297
12-13-2011, 03:42 PM
ok. mremad_297, checked with danielrh who is like a co leader and he is setting up aplications for january
What application dude !! ? EXplain more plz :D

Skeletonlord
12-13-2011, 03:46 PM
What application dude !! ? EXplain more plz :D

ok. application. an application will be a thread where you can sign up to be an ambassador. it is first come first serve and will be available to sign up in january

Mremad_297
12-13-2011, 03:51 PM
ok. application. an application will be a thread where you can sign up to be an ambassador. it is first come first serve and will be available to sign up in january'
OHH wat a goood news TANX . U always got good news :D

DanielRH
12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
ok. application. an application will be a thread where you can sign up to be an ambassador. it is first come first serve and will be available to sign up in january
eh, well sort of... more info to come :)

Onaraasider
12-13-2011, 04:31 PM
eh, well sort of... more info to come :)
here is link to as much info i can spare:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45293-All-who-want-to-be-in-aoa

Pharcyde
12-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Heres the big secret that GOA, AOA, SG's tell people every now and then.

IF you want to be any of those, you will not become one. The people who have earned these rights didn't earn it by wanting it, they earned it by doing the right thing and helping people, knowing that their good deed will most likely go unnoticed by others.

Bronxman2012
12-14-2011, 11:21 AM
I have to side with Pharcyde on this one. He said it much better than I did. Asking to become an ambassador defeats the purpose of being an ambassador. If your goal is to help people, then help them. If you are looking to help them, you should want to do so, and that means doing so without expecting a reward. The last shall be first, and the first shall be last.

I may ruffle some feathers here (no pun intended, bird characters), but I don't think a player should be able to apply to become an ambassador. Simply put, the invitation should come from the senior members, administrators, and developers of the game who recognize a person's talents, generosity, and benevolence, and wish to reward that player. The player could, of course, reject the invitation, but asking to be an official ambassador does not seem in line with what an ambassador really means.

Of course, you can be a non-titled ambassador by doing all of the things that an ambassador does, such as helping new players, providing them with guidance, contributing to the forums, reporting trolls and flamers, and ensuring that players experience with Pocket Legends is a rewarding one.

Just my two cents,
Bronxman2012

Fyrce
12-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Um, just an aside: Anyone can help.

You do not have to part of an official program. There's no reason you can't be polite and if you see someone in need, help them. Just like you do not have to be a Boy Scout to help the little old lady across the street.

As another aside, either there're not enough AoA, or there needs to be a minimum amount of time the AoA member needs to be logged in a week. There doesn't usually seem to be any of them in FH Towne.

KTpantyhose
12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
But we also asked for items, when we were told of them. Wouldn't that also be for benefits? Yes, I realize Sam said he would give them to us, but notice how we all stopped the topic at the time of being an AoA and concentrating on those exclusive items? Meh, maybe it wasn't for benefits. What I'm trying to get at is, he got the message once, y'all are just hammering it down on him now. Anyways. we make judgements in private, so why does it matter if he makes a thread about it and thinks about the benefits?

i not once asked for items until they were brought up in our private chats. and even then i didn't ask for items. i was just throwing out ideas for items since everyone else was LOL.

Zeus
12-14-2011, 01:43 PM
i not once asked for items until they were brought up in our private chats. and even then i didn't ask for items. i was just throwing out ideas for items since everyone else was LOL.

I know, you were one of the ones that didn't. Maybe I should have been more specific, rather than saying, "We".

NECROREAPER
12-14-2011, 02:24 PM

DanielRH isn't "co-leader," only Pandar is the leader.

The applications are being worked on as we've said many times before, but we may not even use them if we come up with a more efficient means of selecting AoA candidates.

Don't post things that aren't fact; you're making AoA look bad at the sake of trying to make yourself look good.

Cytokinesis
12-14-2011, 08:38 PM
it is not "first come first serve" and if it were it wouldnt make any sense because everyone can join without being screened; dont make things up

Elitephonix
12-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Your giving them free gold!!! Looks like i need to make a lev 1 twink and catch u in the game then lol

Bronxman2012
12-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Absolutely. I have no problems giving out gold or cool equipment, especially around this time of year. If I'm online (Bronxman), just send me a message and I'll give you some cashola.