PDA

View Full Version : Best Team I've Been In!

Cahaun
12-11-2011, 10:22 PM
So I'm lvl 48 with my mage and I was like "How in the world am I gonna kill these aliens?" So I went around a bit and I met a low lvl group like me. Exception is that we ROCKED! We killed the two brothers, the Keeper, Gurgox, and later on the Galactic Overlord with a little help. (Thanks to Eric and Meaz) I was astonished at this because I never saw a good group ever since the Sewers came out. This was an awesome experience and we went to do the Victory Lap after we killed the GO but my phone overheated (of course). Just saying this: You don't need elixers to do big things. If you work as a team and care for one another, you will even defeat a 10 time winner of the Galactic Tournament.

Cytokinesis
12-11-2011, 10:31 PM
best team i've ever been in is a bear that tanks which means there arent alot of good games out there...

Skeletonlord
12-12-2011, 01:42 AM
@Cytokinesis
You're right, out of all the bears in game 99% of them are Dex=l
But to be honest str bears are the best players in the game in my opinion:)

I'm mostly str bear, but do use dex. My best team has got to be with tegasthemain and suntv back in Nuri.

SUPAPRODIGY
12-12-2011, 02:01 AM
my bear is 100% STR.

zeusabe
12-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Uhm, Isn't that a normal thing nowadays?...either people became really bad at this game really fast or I'm just that lucky with parties because until Nuri's...I could say, I didn't find the dungeons OMGWTF hard...you know, Sewers I felt it a little bit, but when I got to Nuri's the first few times I was like, "OK, this must be a joke, what's the secret, there must be a trick..." oh and Shadow Caves when I was just level 50+...but AO, everyone was relatively competent enough...IMO.

ghost.mw
01-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Even if you are with a poted people not group you may still have difficulty with the run the reason is that they are sucky players that they don't wanna play they just wanna waste time and you will have a lot of problems if you don't have a really good tank that really wanna play and these days finding a good players that really wanna play is a little rare players these days don't even wanna bother fighting boss like in crypt (mount fang) 8/10 runs that I join everyone would leave as soon as they reach boss and that just make me mad

DeadEyedEagle
01-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Even if you are with a poted people not group you may still have difficulty with the run the reason is that they are sucky players that they don't wanna play they just wanna waste time and you will have a lot of problems if you don't have a really good tank that really wanna play and these days finding a good players that really wanna play is a little rare players these days don't even wanna bother fighting boss like in crypt (mount fang) 8/10 runs that I join everyone would leave as soon as they reach boss and that just make me mad
Most of them are XP runs.

Rare
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
best team i've ever been in is a bear that tanks which means there arent alot of good games out there...

Join some of my games :)

I do have dex, but I don't wear dex gear anymore. Just haven't paid to respec.

Elyseon
01-09-2012, 10:48 AM
my bear is 100% STR.

That generally doesnt work well, while ur practically invincible, ur dmg is so low youll have trouble getting aggro, also ur hit% is terribly low maybe 70% this gives plenty of possibilities to miss beckon which makes u next to useless with the already high dodge mobs in mt fang. I tried this build once, then changed to dex/str (still using str gear) the inprovement was wondrous, the one time pure str works somewhat well is with rift set since it has a 30+ hit% boost

LelouchX
01-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Now i know i haven't done PL in a while but when i did, i was a dual spec wit dex, and Louchie would tank on his dex gear all night long with no aggro complaints. If you learn how to play the character, dex bears can hold aggro without fear of death like a str bear and deal damage that rivals birds. However, the last stage i played was sewers, so idk how this has changed in the other expansions. Before i retired him, Louchie had a good rep :-)

Econodeath
01-09-2012, 01:34 PM
It's sad, but its been soooooo long since I seen a bear tank in a regular game....
The only time I see a bear really kick some booty is when its one of my guildmates in the game with me. Most other times I see them waiting for me to go in full force. I must say though thanks to my friend saool now I can do it and survive!!!

*** But I won't if everyone just wants to stand there and watch me.....
LOL

LelouchX
01-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Last i remember when i was playing PL on my bear, there was about 1 i could tolerate being in my runs, and that was bodyguardz. he was a beast and i'm sure he still is if he is still playing. He may be the only bear i never booted from my runs when i played my bear because he actually knew how cooperate with another bear. however, i doubt louchie could out-tank him even if i tried to, lol

EDIT: and sorry if you were on the tail end of newtybooty's steel toe, he was a jerk sometimes because he had no tolerance for scatterbears, lol.

Rare
01-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Ugh. Scatterbears

ninjaduck
01-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Now i know i haven't done PL in a while but when i did, i was a dual spec wit dex

props for the accidental meme :p

Elyseon
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
bears are gonna be outdated soon I think. Mage armour will soon be the same, and mobs high dodge elimnites the usefullness of beckon for crowd control, also as a tank i have trouble getting aggro on bosses even right after a successful taunt

Rare
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
bears are gonna be outdated soon I think. Mage armour will soon be the same, and mobs high dodge elimnites the usefullness of beckon for crowd control, also as a tank i have trouble getting aggro on bosses even right after a successful taunt

Mob dodge rates can change. I haven't had any problems beckoning. Also haven't had much of a problem with getting agro on bosses. Might take a few tries but I always end up getting it.

Whirlzap
01-09-2012, 02:51 PM
@Cytokinesis
You're right, out of all the bears in game 99% of them are Dex=l
But to be honest str bears are the best players in the game in my opinion:)
Always an opinion.
Str Bears that DON'T Scatter are good.
Though one could argue that a full Support Int Mage is also very good; healing at the maximum.
I seriously think that Mages need better Support Skills; I mean +1 Armor for the Party? Seriously?
And then we have the Destruction full Dex Bird. We can also argue that they can be doing massive amounts of damage.

Always an opinion. Yet I will strongly argue that being a pure with the base recommended stat will always overpower dual speccing in playing your character roles.
For example, a Dex Mage cannot heal and buff as well as a pure INT(less mana).
A Dex Bear cannot stand up against the damage that a Str Bear could.
A Str Bird cannot deal enough damage as the Dex Bird can.
The only exception is the Int Bird; a very rare and uncommon yet insanely devastasting class.
It has lots of skill damage with the Lilith Set, and the Wand Set especially provides enough armor as well.
I believe that the Int Bird could be considered the most utlilized class for Birds; having enough armor and more skill damage than a Warbird.

Elyseon
01-09-2012, 02:53 PM
for me i will get a dodged taunt several times, then when i finally get him, he hits me like 3 or 4x than goes back to the bird

ghost.mw
01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I agree with you I don't know why but devs are making bears so weak

ghost.mw
01-09-2012, 04:18 PM
my bear is 100% STR.

That generally doesnt work well, while ur practically invincible, ur dmg is so low youll have trouble getting aggro, also ur hit% is terribly low maybe 70% this gives plenty of possibilities to miss beckon which makes u next to useless with the already high dodge mobs in mt fang. I tried this build once, then changed to dex/str (still using str gear) the inprovement was wondrous, the one time pure str works somewhat well is with rift set since it has a 30+ hit% boost
That's what make class different and balanced, birds have the best damage but the worst armor mages have medium damage and armor bears have a low damage but a very high armor so if they give them more damage they would be the best class but I think they should give bears higher hit% so they can do their job because if you give your bear some dex points its not gonna give him a lot of damage but it will give him way more hit% that's why my bear is pure str (way more armor)

Cahaun
01-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Uhm, Isn't that a normal thing nowadays?...either people became really bad at this game really fast or I'm just that lucky with parties because until Nuri's...I could say, I didn't find the dungeons OMGWTF hard...you know, Sewers I felt it a little bit, but when I got to Nuri's the first few times I was like, "OK, this must be a joke, what's the secret, there must be a trick..." oh and Shadow Caves when I was just level 50+...but AO, everyone was relatively competent enough...IMO.
Since my thread has been revived I'll say this: Alien Oasis isn't what it used to be. In the old PL, everyone was at AO, everyone was doing a cyber run, or everyone just knew how to play. Nowadays there seems to be a decline in the quality of players and there aren't enough skilled players in AO to make it a walk in the park IMO.

ghost.mw
01-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Since my thread has been revived I'll say this: Alien Oasis isn't what it used to be. In the old PL, everyone was at AO, everyone was doing a cyber run, or everyone just knew how to play. Nowadays there seems to be a decline in the quality of players and there aren't enough skilled players in AO to make it a walk in the park IMO.[/QUOTE]
Agreed ,now new players just wanna level up as fast as possible and they don't care much about quests and killing boss specially the lvl 45+ just doing xp runs and no boss fighting.

Elyseon
01-09-2012, 07:43 PM
my bear is 100% STR.

That's what make class different and balanced, birds have the best damage but the worst armor mages have medium damage and armor bears have a low damage but a very high armor so if they give them more damage they would be the best class but I think they should give bears higher hit% so they can do their job because if you give your bear some dex points its not gonna give him a lot of damage but it will give him way more hit% that's why my bear is pure str (way more armor)

Actually before the 55 cap mages had the lowest armour, with very high aoe dmg, at 66 a Mage did 536 in one drain with no orb, that's a one hit for a bird, I have never seen a bird do that much in 1 skill shot, dex is actually very useful for a successful tank, the hit% is really necessary not only for the obvious beckon mob skill combo, but also the taunts to hit and the hellscreams, trust a once pure str bear, at endgame u need dex

Cahaun
01-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Since my thread has been revived I'll say this: Alien Oasis isn't what it used to be. In the old PL, everyone was at AO, everyone was doing a cyber run, or everyone just knew how to play. Nowadays there seems to be a decline in the quality of players and there aren't enough skilled players in AO to make it a walk in the park IMO.
Agreed ,now new players just wanna level up as fast as possible and they don't care much about quests and killing boss specially the lvl 45+ just doing xp runs and no boss fighting.[/QUOTE]

Sad isn't it? When the cap was 50 people were going all over the levels, doing Cyber quests, farming pinks, and the gear looked awesome (It was sad seeing the coolest gear get replaced by a lvl 53 orange that looked not-so-good. Guns should be having more damage than a bow! Especially a laser one). Now it's like "Complete Mystery Armor quests while you do continuous boring runs, get to lvl 50 with your toon, maybe get some good gear, skip the cyber quests because it wastes your time, and go on too the sewers..." Just sad. Lots of people just froget to look at the game in a good way. They view it as a competition to get better gear, comparing themselves to others by what they have, instead we should look at it as a way to have fun! Explore! Make new relashionships!(friends) When I was a low lvl with no way of getting past lvl 18 (I had no plat to buy the maps. I later bought EVERYTHING), I had an awesome time just deleting and lvling up to 18 with every class just exploring the game and having a good time! There was the christmas event I saw others run around with their christmas gear and got really excited (still no plat). There were some changes I didn't like. You can't buy "premium" gear like flaming axes or nature armor with gold anymore including elixers. (Now 1.5x and guild hall only). Sorry I just feel alot of nostalgia of old PL. I almost made myself cry. :(
Edit: the way you quoted me looks like you said what you quoted (@_@)

ghost.mw
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Agreed ,now new players just wanna level up as fast as possible and they don't care much about quests and killing boss specially the lvl 45+ just doing xp runs and no boss fighting.

Sad isn't it? When the cap was 50 people were going all over the levels, doing Cyber quests, farming pinks, and the gear looked awesome (It was sad seeing the coolest gear get replaced by a lvl 53 orange that looked not-so-good. Guns should be having more damage than a bow! Especially a laser one). Now it's like "Complete Mystery Armor quests while you do continuous boring runs, get to lvl 50 with your toon, maybe get some good gear, skip the cyber quests because it wastes your time, and go on too the sewers..." Just sad. Lots of people just froget to look at the game in a good way. They view it as a competition to get better gear, comparing themselves to others by what they have, instead we should look at it as a way to have fun! Explore! Make new relashionships!(friends) When I was a low lvl with no way of getting past lvl 18 (I had no plat to buy the maps. I later bought EVERYTHING), I had an awesome time just deleting and lvling up to 18 with every class just exploring the game and having a good time! There was the christmas event I saw others run around with their christmas gear and got really excited (still no plat). There were some changes I didn't like. You can't buy "premium" gear like flaming axes or nature armor with gold anymore including elixers. (Now 1.5x and guild hall only). Sorry I just feel alot of nostalgia of old PL. I almost made myself cry. :(
Edit: the way you quoted me looks like you said what you quoted (@_@)[/QUOTE]

Ikr when I did it posted the whole thing so it was way too long so I deleted your quote for the guy you commented on and well that's how it came out :cool:

ghost.mw
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Not again ,this is starting to get annoying.

Cahaun
01-09-2012, 10:14 PM
You can do it! Now try to multi-quote lol ;)

ghost.mw
01-10-2012, 12:21 AM
You can do it! Now try to multi-quote lol ;)
It's annoying because it takes too much space

Tortega
01-10-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm mostly str bear, but do use dex. My best team has got to be with tegasthemain and suntv back in Nuri.
Aww thanks you also rock at nuri :-) my best team was back in the sewer days with suntv, xandrok, lilaskye, kylarordan, n josephjackson. We powned in sewers it was awesome

Fusionstrike
01-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Personally I enjoy using my bear in a tank role. And I agree that there seem to be not too many who really know how to use basic tactics to effectively tank. I think bears in general require more learning and are less fun for a lot of people because they'd prefer to be the ones doing the big damage, not playing defense. It's a bit like football....everyone wants to be the quarterback, but the team needs some offensive linemen to do the blocking.

I've found a pretty decent build for my bear. It's not exactly a traditional dual spec, but does have enough to use dex gear. This makes it a "lopsided" build that tilts towards str, making for a good tank which is what I spend the majority of my time doing. But, since there's enough dex too, I can always switch to damage output if the situation calls for it. When I get in a party with another bear who's tanking well, I will usually just switch off to my dex set to avoid colliding on tank tactics. Although I must say I find it a lot of fun to play a cooperative tank role with another bear who knows how to do it well. That's probably the most fun way to play for me.

ninjaduck
01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
I have to say my most satisfying run ever was when I was running DF, and some Newbies Joined. I told them the whole strategy of DF1 farming, and they used it! We were done in less than a minute they were so fast! And then, when we killed silknight, one of them got a purple ! It was so awesome watching them! :D

Swimmingstar
01-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Nice teams!

krazii
01-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Edit: the way you quoted me looks like you said what you quoted (@_@)

One word: = Elixirs