PDA

View Full Version : pvp cheating(boosting)

Seminole
12-12-2011, 08:31 AM
so i figure out the password to private match and to my surprise all the rumors were true. i see a player [removed] killing 3 other players with no armor qnd no weapons. i get immediately booted with a "gtfo noob" message. something need to be done about this, many players have worked so hard to get to where they are now on leaderboard only to have a single player boot them out becsuse of cheeting. Devs please do something about this because this a sad day for pvp:(

javier995
12-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Hello Seminole,

This has been mentioned q couple times, kill boosting like that isn't cool. Utterly the devs can't do anything about it at the moment, so its hard to prevent it.

Please don't use names on forums like that, its like calling the person out.

- Javier

CrimsonTider
12-12-2011, 08:46 AM
I don't think devs can make people stops boosting kills...
:(

Edit: Ah Javier you win this round:P

Precisely. Unfortunately, some make a business out of it. Just remember: kill boosting does not equal skill.

Kakatoa91
12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Not much devs can do sadly.

But no worries.

Numbers wont hide the fact he has poor skills in pvp.

The circle of good pvpers is already well know in sl or pl.
And someone trying to show off with high number of farm skills with low deaths is just a clown.
Hell probably avoid confrontation with good players.

javier995
12-12-2011, 09:08 AM
I don't think devs can make people stops boosting kills...
:(

Edit: Ah Javier you win this round:P

Is that a challenge? Lol

Well.....

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/images.jpg

I love your signature! Sorry just had to say it. Lol

Dark Avenger
12-12-2011, 10:04 AM
No matter what there's gonna be cheaters out there. But as others said all kills and no skill doesn't mean much

Please don't use names on forums like that, its like calling the person out.

Personally if I caught someone cheating I would call them out too :D

StompArtist
12-12-2011, 10:06 AM
PvP kill farming can easily be done with 2 devices but at the end of the day it doesn't make you any better at PvP. A bit like practicing martial arts with a dummy and claiming to be undefeated!

Ellyidol
12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Agree with the flow of the thread, sadly "boosting" doesn't seem to be labelled as illegal (hey, maybe it's about time it is). But along with the other posts as well, quality > quantity.

Protank
12-12-2011, 12:30 PM
A bit like practicing martial arts with a dummy and claiming to be undefeated!

Lmao! I love this quote!

I just might have to sig this :D

Growwle
12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Devs can fix this by resetting PVP kills to zero when PVP is officially out of beta.

CrimsonTider
12-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Devs can fix this by resetting PVP kills to zero when PVP is officially out of beta.

This is in the PL forum, not SL.

Growwle
12-12-2011, 01:52 PM

This is in the PL forum, not SL.

Lol, was not paying attention.

AbsolutePally
12-12-2011, 04:50 PM
In many other mmos this is bannable. I'd like to see peopke get banned for this too.
If I find out someone is a booster I will go out of my way to kill them by all means. Rushing, spawning, etc. Zero tolernce.
Funny to kill em bc you'll see they try to get it back when they can not they'll leave and go into a private game to reorganize their kdr.
Love being an inconvienence to them since they are slaves to cheating and/or a specific number.

Onaraasider
12-12-2011, 04:53 PM
so i figure out the password to private match and to my surprise all the rumors were true. i see a player _______________ killing 3 other players with no armor qnd no weapons. i get immediately booted with a "gtfo noob" message. something need to be done about this, many players have worked so hard to get to where they are now on leaderboard only to have a single player boot them out becsuse of cheeting. Devs please do something about this because this a sad day for pvp:(copy mine

Kaarataka
12-12-2011, 07:59 PM
The pros know who the pros are. Boosting only makes you look stupid and only gains you recognition in noob's eyes. I would like it to be a reportable offense though. I've learned to just ignore leaderboards and kdr. The pros don't have time to worry about their KDR and such....they are too busy trying to cap your flag!

Bunnyshoota
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I don't like that guy that you're talking about. He rushes my poor bear for no reason/

Jewelsofjane
12-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Lol, I can't believe people actually do this. Omg, can u imagine how much time it takes to set up 4 devices, accounts, go into game, kill all 4, then respawn them all etc? K/D ratio never meant very much to me. (other than in my early days being trolled for having a bad k/d) As I tell others, it takes a couple grand deaths before you have had enough practice to become any good. Also, surely, I'm not the only one who makes matches with friends to test out gear and combos and techniques... Which usually can mean many deaths.

But I think we all agree performance in a game speaks louder than anyone's k/d.

Ixillicus
12-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Boosting KDR doesnt make them a good player. They do have a bit of a rep for doing this and they are probably trying to get on the leaderboards, but they still die easy. Just remember that you can look at someones KDR and you might be impressed, but until you fight someone yourself, you can't judge their skill.

Skills > kills.

Nick41324
12-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Take the ability away to gain kills in a locked game...
It would be much like a private game on a COD game. You play for fun as a group, but don't gain kills because of that problem.

Jedispartan
12-19-2011, 07:07 PM
All is true. But the example of jopl, he is one of the best 20-25 pvpers. So just saying jopl does hav the skill to back up his kills

13lacklegionz
12-19-2011, 07:16 PM
All is true. But the example of jopl, he is one of the best 20-25 pvpers. So just saying jopl does hav the skill to back up his kills

He may have the skill to back up the kill he rightfully earned.

However, farming and rushing for kills does not require skill.

Whirlzap
12-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Pretty much mentioned already but a few extra points.
If I recall, this person is a lv66 or something right?
He may still have very good gear, and beat many others, and pretty much have everyone think his kills are legit.
If this is the case, this guy must be seriously rich or have like 24/7 to play PL to JUST level a character to 60ish to kill boost.
Woulda been funny if you took a screenie of the person's other character who was gettin killed with 0 kills but 10,000 deaths or somethingXD

Whirlzap
12-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Who is he? I didn't see any name of him so he must have started and finished the game very recently.
Probably has a lot of Plat?

Ayc2000
12-19-2011, 07:46 PM
It would be much like a private game on a COD game. You play for fun as a group, but don't gain kills because of that problem.
I think this is a pretty good idea...

Nick41324
12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Jop boost because he rushes in every pvp game. So whenever he joins a game now every one rushes him (including myself ;) ) and ruins his stats.

It really doesn't surprise me he would do that tho..

Buffedbear Pl
12-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Skills > kills.

^The truth

Elyseon
12-19-2011, 10:48 PM

Good idea, they could still boot everyone, but that would get them on my hitlist lol, no perfect kdr for them lol

Xazic
12-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Knew this has happened with a lot of peeps and frankly am not surprised jop is doing it too... Nothing offensive but thought he would get enough kills rushing my twinks 

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 07:44 AM

Unfortunately, there are legitimate reasons why a person would want a locked game. To 1v1 without interruption of others. I do challenge people to 1v1s sometimes in private games.

But ... we do need something to prevent kill boosting I agree.

LADYHADASSA
12-20-2011, 08:22 AM
everyone in pvp knows some of these stat padding players, the rushers that never stop because they loose one v one. people trying to steal their way to leader boards. There is nothing people can do about these players, but in the end the legit players are the ones who have the self satisfaction to know they did not cheat their way to the top. hustling kills shows the maturity of the player..

AbsolutePally
12-20-2011, 08:56 AM
I would say a few people on the LB have boosted their way to it. Mainly because I've fought em and gauged their skill and found it to be above average at best.
Not a fan of even farming kills - meaning pub (public game) stomping. Asking less skilled players to fight over and over only shows that you are using them to boost and pad your kdr. Unfortunately many "top players" do this.
Boosting should really be a violation. It is sad and pathetic BUT I am in no way threathened by these so called stats.
Stats (kdr) don't mean a thing. I'm so tired of people basing things off who has more kills than deaths. Some of the "best" ratio holdimg people are THE WORST teamates. Seeing as they run away, use you as bait, a meat shield, and basically leave you hanging.

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Anybody who is one the K/D leaderboards has cheated. There are people with a 1000+ K/D ratio.

Realistically, I'd say even the very best players can't get 4:1 legimately and that's if they run and try to hit you unbuffed while using their teammates as a meatshield as was noted.

Now obviously there is a difference between using your teammates as a meatshield and good team tactics. Good team players work with strength based builds to win a CTF game - not for the purpose of boosting their stats.

AbsolutePally
12-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I was referring to mages behind say a pally or warbird that doesnt stay in heal range and spam it. Just healing themselves.

Nick41324
12-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I'd say even the very best players can't get 4:1 legimately and that's if they run and try to hit you unbuffed while using their teammates as a meatshield as was noted.
(irebornedi) he has a 10kdr+ and hes pretty legit. He can easily kill jop. When he joins a game jop quits because he knows he's going to lose.

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 09:56 AM
(irebornedi) he has a 10kdr+ and hes pretty legit. He can easily kill jop. When he joins a game jop quits because he knows he's going to lose.

Legit in that sense I guess - quits when he knows he is about to lose.

Probably also farms kills by fighting exclusively novice players and leaves when more veteran players show up.

Sigh. It's a grey line. I was referring in my post to 100% legit - fighting tough opponents and losing battles.

Nick41324
12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Legit in that sense I guess - quits when he knows he is about to lose.

Probably also farms kills by fighting exclusively novice players and leaves when more veteran players show up.

Sigh. It's a grey line. I was referring in my post to 100% legit - fighting tough opponents and losing battles.
I've fought him (maybe) 100 or so times and I've lost 99 times... I have only beaten him once because he lagged out and I could tell he wasn't lying.
He 1v1's people all the time and I've only seen him lose a few times to rushers.
If you want, I can hook you up with a 1v1 so you can see :)

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Okay - but it will have to be around the 23rd or later.

Who is this person? A mage, bear, bird? I have been around level cap PvP for quite some time and I have not encountered a player with a 10-1 ratio that has legitimately gotten it, so that makes me skeptical. And this is coming from somebody who has in Alien Underground and CTF fought alongside (or against) players like Xrax or Thelonearcher before they 2 left.

Nick41324
12-20-2011, 10:29 AM
He's no where near the lvl cap xD he's a L23 Mage. If you have a toon that is remotely close to that, I'm sure he will fight you (first to 10)

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately, I gave up twinking because of bad experiences. Level cap has it's problems for sure, but they are much worse in the world of twinking from my experiences.

birdmasta
12-20-2011, 10:53 AM
jop is so easy i beat him 5 times with a BEAR!!!