PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Wikia (Community Project)

serprus
12-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey guys,

I just started a Star Legends wikia and am looking for anyone who wants to add content, modify, etc.

http://starlegend.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Legends:_The_Blackstar_Chronicles_Wiki

Anyone who can contribute would be greatly appreciated! For our to-do list check out the Community Corner section of the wiki!

Edit:I have just reworked the entire home page and added content navigation. Please use the proper format when creating pages. (Example: Do not create a category page for an item because it is not a category. A category would be "Classes", or "Levels") Please be sure to use the proper format! Thanks!

Currently looking for:
- Content writers
- People to check for validity of information
- Anyone with experience in creating uniform layouts
- Someone to create a new logo for our wiki (Has to be .png and 250x65px)
- Someone to create and make sure pages are categorized properly

PM me if you have any questions or just hop on deck and start to edit :)

Cahaun
12-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Nice! I will add LOADS of content when I have time! :D

Lazaras
12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Any templaes yet so the articles have a uniformish look?

serprus
12-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Any templaes yet so the articles have a uniformish look?

I am working on that now as we speak. If you have anything you want to contribute let me know! Any help would be amazing :)

Lazaras
12-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Total noob to wiki stuff and I just got here Saterday. Just wanted to toss my two bits in since I"ve seen a couple wiki projects die, others flourish.

We need to have some people that Everyone can agree that if they come down on a ruling, the argument ends (we don't want edit wars. They're major badness that sucks the fun out of things.)

Mostly I can see a few ground rules that need observing.

Edit pages not created by you conservitively (that is to say spelling/grammar fixing) or not at all. We really /really/ don't need people going ape over someone just trying to help, then that person getting in a screamy fit because they got told to sod off for trying to make a few corrections/formatting fixes.

Cahaun
12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Total noob to wiki stuff and I just got here Saterday. Just wanted to toss my two bits in since I"ve seen a couple wiki projects die, others flourish.

We need to have some people that Everyone can agree that if they come down on a ruling, the argument ends (we don't want edit wars. They're major badness that sucks the fun out of things.)

Edit pages not created by you conservitively (that is to say spelling/grammar fixing) or not at all. We really /really/ don't need people going ape over someone just trying to help, then that person getting in a screamy fit because they got told to sod off for trying to make a few corrections/formatting fixes.
Agreed we all must work together to do this!

serprus
12-12-2011, 05:00 PM

I agree

Matutd
12-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I added lvl cap raise to upcoming events section :)

BodMaster
12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
I added lvl cap raise to upcoming events section :)

34+ will be able to join new content in Voliria, also could mention 40-41 Cap :)

morfic
12-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Quick Engineer section added (with skills!). Will work on polishing it and updating it.

BodMaster
12-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Quick Engineer section added (with skills!). Will work on polishing it and updating it.

Link it to the Class section so I can take a peek, I will do the same for the Commando.

Added small descriptions to the Classes section.

morfic
12-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Link it to the Class section so I can take a peek, I will do the same for the Commando.

Added small descriptions to the Classes section.

It should already be linked.

EDIT: Link had re-broken for some reason. Fixed again.

EDITEDIT: Bod, your description of engineer is better than mine. Feel free to reword engineer page. Just getting the ball rolling.

BodMaster
12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
It should already be linked.

EDIT: Link had re-broken for some reason. Fixed again.

EDITEDIT: Bod, your description of engineer is better than mine. Feel free to reword engineer page. Just getting the ball rolling.

Just checking it out now, seems okay to have the description where it is, and a separate one on each section. Don't mind copy and pasting it across if you think it looks better though.

Yeah I didn't create it though, found it hehe :)

morfic
12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Okay. Added a page for all the stages and then linked each stage to their own page. No information in yet for them, just placeholders, but its a start.

Also added a category for each engineer skill. Anyone feel free to flesh these pages out if ya want.

BodMaster
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Added the Commando section, tried to make it look the same as the engineer, added the skill info as you would see it in the Skills tab.

ETA: Added a category for each Commando skill, also linked each.

EETA: Added recommended levels, level restrictions and no. quests per campaign.

Anishavie
12-16-2011, 09:23 AM
looking forward to it when its finished

maybe ill add something

Cahaun
12-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Been working on a grinding chart for the latest level raises. Copywrited with my name on it!:D
Anyways, we are on a roll!

BodMaster
12-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Been working on a grinding chart for the latest level raises. Copywrited with my name on it!:D
Anyways, we are on a roll!

Woooop Santa Abe has come just at the right timee!! woooop good to see you helping out bro ;)

Cahaun
12-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks, Bod! It's in a rough draft form for my Microsoft Office Excell so if you can help me somehow make a link for me this santa will be very pleased. :D

Dark Angel Arus
12-20-2011, 05:22 AM
Heey! I already made a page about a month ago!
http://starlegendstheblackstarchronicles.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Legends_-_The_Blackstar_Chronicles_Wiki

I posted about it in this forum, but nobody seemed to care! =(

flashbackflip
01-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey dudes, there is another page on wikia. With more lore and background i formation

Could be merged i guess.. http://blackstargame.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Legends:_The_Blackstar_Chronicles

Crilon
01-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Nice, now I can get more info on the game and become the BEST PLAYER IN STAR LEGENDS HISTORY!!!

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Hey dudes, there is another page on wikia. With more lore and background i formation

Could be merged i guess.. http://blackstargame.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Legends:_The_Blackstar_Chronicles

Just looks like someone has merged Blackstar Chronicles (PC version that didn't get released) with some new info from Star Legends.

flashbackflip
01-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Just looks like someone has merged Blackstar Chronicles (PC version that didn't get released) with some new info from Star Legends.

Right.. Seems like an old one! But it has some background and lore, which is absent in new one.. And all that can apply to SL I think

BodMaster
01-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Right.. Seems like an old one! But it has some background and lore, which is absent in new one.. And all that can apply to SL I think

True true, the fun thing about Wikia is that you can add to the project however you like either sign in or as an anon. You found you deserve to add it :D

flashbackflip
01-19-2012, 08:00 AM
True true, the fun thing about Wikia is that you can add to the project however you like either sign in or as an anon. You found you deserve to add it :D

Deal! I'll do it bro!

Cahaun
01-20-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm such a noob at this. I don't know what I'm doing lol. My grinding chart is finished though. :p

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm such a noob at this. I don't know what I'm doing lol. My grinding chart is finished though. :p

Lol there's a few video instructions on how to use it fully :p

Used to be a pretty regular thing to help with, tho lately I'm only on my phone and that just makes it hard to use. Did anyone manage to put the pics of vanity etc up on the item database? Been so long :p

iAtrox
01-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Hello, I think I can help in this project with the last 3 task on the list

Currently looking for:
- Content writers
- People to check for validity of information
- Anyone with experience in creating uniform layouts
- Someone to create a new logo for our wiki (Has to be .png and 250x65px)
- Someone to create and make sure pages are categorized properly

Serprus i send you a DM

Ebalere
01-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Hello, I think I can help in this project with the last 3 task on the list

Serprus i send you a DM

Serprus won't get your PM, he's not on forums anymore.

iAtrox
01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I sent him an email at wikia

thx for the info Ebalere :)

Ebalere
01-30-2012, 08:47 PM
I sent him an email at wikia

thx for the info Ebalere :)

No problemo dude

iAtrox
04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
New URL http://starlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Legends_Wiki
New Admin
New Theme
New Logo
Templates Coming Soon

Hope you like it :encouragement:

Racosai
05-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Nice! I will add LOADS of content when I have time! :D
Me too! :)

iAtrox
06-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Item Template: Done
http://starlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Templates
:victorious:

iAtrox
06-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Item List Template: Done
http://starlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Templates
:victorious:

octavos
06-12-2012, 05:30 PM
iAtrox , i would love to help with this but im errrr not good using wikia..if you can tell me what you need i can make a post here so it can be easy for you.

Like info, graphics ect... tell me sizes also and boom....we will have this in no time send me a PM if you like.
:ghost:

Tomorrow ill do much more tinking with it....so we can get it all nice and purdy

iAtrox
06-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Well, i'm looking for info and screenshots from the Memorial Day Weekend items glasses, jackets, etc. I prefer that the screenshots are not in the auction terminal, in the avatar page would be great,the size is 100x150.

templates are to make the edition easier, it's only copy paste and fill.

Example

{{Item<includeonly>/{{{1}}}</includeonly>
| name = Classic Black Sunglasses
| image = Classic Black Sunglasses.png
| lvl = 1
}}

the original template is bit larger but you don't have to worry about font size and position of the images. :)

I'm currently working on 2 more templates, one for the objects that have the same name but there are in different levels like the Polar Hailraisers, and one for custom objects that include the recipe info.

Some feedback, suggestions and help of course would be great.:eagerness:

Cahaun
08-27-2012, 03:00 PM
I seem to be brought back to this site by destiny O.o
I'm going to bulk up this site with my Blackstar Lore thread that I have been compiling together with the help and talents of writers and thinkers.

Battlegrinder
08-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Cool, looks like we finally might get a wiki that works (unlike the past 3-4 STS that have managed to crash and burn). I'll definitely work on contributing to this when I have the time.

Cahaun
08-27-2012, 06:06 PM
<replied to an older post. Edited to reduce confusion>

Cahaun
08-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Cool, looks like we finally might get a wiki that works (unlike the past 3-4 STS that have managed to crash and burn). I'll definitely work on contributing to this when I have the time.
Sounds good. I'll start it on the weekend when I have the chance.

onalebab
10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Not to be rude, but the wikia pages are all pretty bad. Merge them and get people to ACTUALLY POST CONTENT. Otherwise we will never have a good source.

Also, UPDATE. I'm tired of the pages available only having info that covers up to numa!!!!

BodMaster
10-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Not to be rude, but the wikia pages are all pretty bad. Merge them and get people to ACTUALLY POST CONTENT. Otherwise we will never have a good source.

Also, UPDATE. I'm tired of the pages available only having info that covers up to numa!!!!

Guessing you also hadn't realised the date this was created, along with the fact that the "creator" has been banned.

Battlegrinder
10-31-2012, 09:53 AM
And another wiki project goes down :( (maybe). I think we need to try a different tactic, because these larger wiki's never seem to work out in the long run.

BodMaster
10-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Me, Serp and a few others were going good, but I lost access to PC/Laptop, and couldn't effectively carry on contributing. (Also took a 9-10 month break, thought it be up and running, ASAP)

Something like this, just requires a lot of time, and the whole SL community working together.

Magnetom
11-19-2012, 09:07 PM
don't know if this will be helpfull but you should add picture probably

Dragoonclaws
08-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Rule #1 for this wiki.

If you are doing strategy pages or how to articles: i.e. How to get napalm at hive or where to get vanities...

Plz destroy rumors about no skills and no boxes.

Explain that items color only mean their drop rarity and no rules govern their dropping chances.

If its a boss strategy, like zyra, a team should experiment all types of skills and determine which are the skill that heal zyra.

One more thing, i think that the best wikia is "runescape" s wikia. Have a look at it. Every single item found in the game has an article, every single quest walktgroughs rewards and requirements are available.

Event s hve their walkthrough, rewards and their description.

Enemie's info are available: hp weakness drops and the whole kit.

I am sure that you can do an excellent wikia. I admit that it is a hard work but you guys can do it. Good luck!!!

Dragoonclaws
08-09-2013, 11:51 PM
I want to be one of the guys verifying the information

Dragoonclaws
08-10-2013, 11:24 PM
I added pages for each napalm. I did not used the templates or tags. Please feel free to edit and add images. Napalm are all same. Difference are only stats. The text should be the same. Have a look at it. I hope it is good. It is actually my own experience of the mutiple hive runs. I spoke about napalms special effect and dropping chances. I think these point are the most important.

Cahaun
10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
I'll be adding content once I get started on my own story that's about what Battlegrinder is doing. I'll take the canon information from the lore thread into it first as it isn't really helpful to put the uncanon in first.

Dragoonclaws
03-29-2014, 11:37 PM
This project must come back