PDA

View Full Version : Patching + Settings not saved Issue

kiitz
12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Hello Devs (or perhaps other highly skilled computer users),

This has been mentioned in a few other threads, but have not been answered so I am starting a new thread.

PL on chrome patches and does not save any settings on my home computer. This started when PL Chrome was still in Beta so I assumed it was just a glitch that would be solved. However, the chrome version is now official and it is still happening. Further, I am able to save my PL settings on my work computer without issue, so I know this has a fix.

I think it might have to do with the amount of data you allow chrome or PL to save on your computer. Anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks,
Kiitz

Futumsh
12-12-2011, 06:25 PM
The few people I've heard of with this problem fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. For this to happen, it means Chrome is reporting that we're allowed to save files, and have plenty of space reserved to do so, but isn't actually saving any of them.

kiitz
12-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Okay, great thanks. I'll go home and try it.

Actually it makes sense. When PL on chrome first came out, I was at work and downloaded the newest version of chrome. However, when I went home, I just tried changing the flags and it worked, so I never downloaded a new version of chrome.

I'll go home and try it out and report if it fixes the issue. Thanks!!

Kiitz

kiitz
12-13-2011, 03:10 AM
Bad news... I uninstalled chrome and then reinstalled it and my settings are still not saving... Any ideas Futumsh?

kiitz
12-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Still not working... Anyone able to help?

kiitz
12-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Still unable to fix this issue... Devs please help!!

Pwnage502
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
You need to go into options and check "Lock Device Orientation". This will save your settings to your "Device", in which this case is your computer.

kiitz
12-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Pwnage, thanks for the help... but its pretty hilarious how incorrect your advice is...

Lock Device Orientation only sets the direction your screen will face. This is only relevant when playing on a device that can actually be flipped, like an phone or tablet.

Anyway, I finally figured it out. I am assuming no one else really had this issue since we would be hearing more about it. Having to repatch every time is infuriating.

In order to fix the situation, I uninstalled chrome again, but this time had it clear all settings. I hadn't done it previously because it wipes all your passwords, bookmarks and everything. Anyway, by fully uninstalling everything and all settings, I guess it wipes everything and you are free to completely reinstall chrome and PL from scratch thus fixing the problem...

Pretty easy fix (and stupid of me to miss this!)