PDA

View Full Version : MEGA suggestion thread

Elyseon
12-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Suggestions

Guilds:
Guild stash: all members can access to share things here, either officers (including master) only can withdraw items or a notification is sent to GM for approval for withdrawal.
More Ranks: Here’s a system I like:
GM
Officers
Champion: a usually temporary position of honour
Hero: an important guild member, distinguished but not an officer
Recruiters
Standards: regular members, active
Noob/Recruit: a new member, still learning the game, and loyalty is unknown
Slave: position of punishment, maybe broke guild code of conduct, but booting is unwanted
Also it would fit this system well if your guild rank was displayed in your character page
Guild bonuses:
Maybe give a small xp, damage, and armour bonus for having guild members in the same map. It builds guild unity, and members get more acquainted
Guild Halls:
So big but so empty, there are many things that could be added here including the previously mentioned guild stash. Add accessories to be purchased for hall, cool light features, fire, a statue of the GM and Champion, a notice that would display guild stats(maybe including average level, total kills, average kills and kdr). Also it would be nice if you could have an option in the menu under social>guild to enter the guild hall, so u don’t have to stride across balefort every time.
Guild Attacks: Just thought of this, so no details. You rush someone’s guild hall and ransack it.
Leaderboards:
Only max level matters? Adding total pvp or pve kills, and average kdr would be nice. Of course you would need to list the number of members, so a kill farmer isn’t the only guild member and its stats look good

Character specialization:
Crafting: Adding a crafting leveling system would add a lot of variety to the game, so not every person is a fighter. Recipes would no longer be items, but more like skills. Xp would be earned from crafting quests, and crafting. For instance after crafting many plate scraps into a plate panels, say a character reaches crafting level 5, he could then learn how to craft a lvl1 beret, and craft those to level up.
Alchemy: Basically the same as crafting, but these could make potions and weaker elixirs( such as 1.5x). Obviously a new drop ingredient would be needed, or maybe they could be crafted from the gems.
Summoner: Once again, the same crafting concept, but they would make scrolls, and could cast a temporary pet to people, giving a temporary attack bonus.
Skills: We need more a rank 15 of the same old skills won’t cut it. To add more variety (right now pretty much everyone’s the same: only 3 endgame sets with bonuses for each build, and skills are all basically maxed), add some stat based skills along with the race based, also maybe have a set based skills, maybe orlok set allows you to jump to the person like Van Gobble does.
Hybrid gear: Again variety is lacking, so why not add some multi stat based sets? Perhaps a ranger (str/dex) may be shield and sword set with decent dodge and high damage requiring base stats of 140 str, 140 dex, a pally set (str/int) with the armour desired as well as a mana and mana regen boost. Or class based sets would mix it up too, a str set only usable by bears could be added so we can finally get rid of that unneeded excessive mana regen and get some armour boost (so it’s not the same as int gear >_< fail) and a little hit% boost. This would help a lot so everyone’s not going for the same old 3 sets.
New Race: Aside from the cryptic oyster race, maybe we need something new. A lizard would be the best idea in my opinion, it could have low health and mana bases with a higher base armour (since now mages and bears tie), for a weapon it could use whips with a new stat of constitution. Its specialty (bears- crowd control, mages nuke, birds single target mainly) could be based on procs, many of its whips could have rooting proc, and it could have lots of stunning skills (no pun intended). Just a random idea, but a new race would be nice, and probably eventually u will add one.

Towne Interaction:
Boss Attacks: An announcement in the chat bar: “King Dandy is attacking Balefort”, Players rush outside the castle gates and there he is King Dandy and a few troops. He would be like a super boss, as you could have 24 players beating him up, and would need to be scaled to the highest player (similar to the Halloween maps). There could be several different monsters in different townes. “Giant Vyxnaar has arisen from the shadows” in the shadow cave towne; “The Swamp Monster emerged from the depths of the Ancient Swamps”. There are endless possibilities. Also to add to the fun maybe make them somewhat rare occurrences and includes happy drops rates of excusive items only attainable by that boss. Maybe purples with an occasional pink.
Duels!: so you’re standing in towne and get bored so you challenge ur friend to a duel, you and him are the only ones that can take damage, deal damage, or be attacked. It’s a nice little fair fight, it would be an option when you tap them, next to trade. Then it would send a request, and they could accept to fight or decline.
Skills Effect: just for fun you could make it so in towne peoples skills attacks could affect you without damage. Birds could repulse, root; mages could freeze, and push with fire; bears could beckon and stomp. This would just be fun to mess around with, there could simply be an option to turn on an immunity to this in your options which would need to be activated automatically for new players.

Gear:
New weapons: Can mainly only think of strength right now, but these would add some fun twists. Flails would be awesome, then some nice 2handed weapons as well: Scythe (a personal favourite :D) and a halberd. While on the topic of 2 handed strength weapons, why are they weaker than the 1handed weapon. There hasn’t been a decent consistently used 2hand weapon since the gurgox hammer. Also this applies to dual swords being weaker than daggers. Also you could add a composite bow in somewhere. On the topic of bows, the sanguine one is not a longbow. It’s clearly a shortbow; the sunblessed bow was a longbow.
Armour: Tank gear needs a little improvement in this area, kinda weird when int robes and all match the armour stat. In fact, int gear having more armour than dex is kinda weird. I mean leather is definitely tougher than any cloth I’ve ever found; and plate armour should have a good lead on them both. Also what ever happened to mages using ‘eyes’ as shield, those were cool. As for designs on armour, I’d like to see the comparable beauty of AO3 sets return, I mean they were remarkably well done.

Content:
PL story line: So were supposed to be protecting the Elf Queens land right? Who is she anyway, is she the one I always kill in Forest Manor? Anyway, some continuity in PLs story would be nice, the campaigns could easily fit together with quests linking them(except I always thought Nuri’s was unusual, we’re attacking a circus o_O?).
Rushing Level Caps: I know this is gonna sound old, so I’m just gonna say there can be more than one set of maps per level cap.
Events: What if we had PL exclusive holidays? Like a national holiday in alterra, Who knows , Dragonfest, Zombie Appreciation Week, Alterran Torch Day, endless possibilities. Just some time of random fun-ness, to get a break from the usual grinding runs. Cravy random NPCs in towne, special emotes limited to the event, a random huge map to explore. Why do we need to borrow stuff from reality xD.

Account features:
Account stats: Maybe somewhere we could see our total characters’ kills and deaths and such, as well as our number on leaderboards (obviously not everyone is viewable) like if were 300th for total kills or something.
Online: Idk about anyone else, but I kinda miss the “total players online:…”
Forums: maybe link our account to forums and those on forums can get a little medal on char page so people will know they are on forums. Maybe on forums, idk if this is possible, when our forum page is viewed it has 3d movable image of our main character’s character page.
That’s All I Have Right Now, hopefully this was useful, at least to inspire a bit
Maybe will add more eventually :)

noobmigo
12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Ya, I agree with all the guild hall.
I mean, nobody REALLY uses that thing except to purchase potions and elixirs, >.<.

GarysCocoPuffs
12-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Nice suggestions, I like them.

Caucakriuka
12-12-2011, 11:36 PM
I agree. very nice suggestions. Especiallly like the Guild Hall ones.:eagerness:

MagneTemp
12-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Very good suggestions! Not one I truly hate, if they add at least a couple of these suggestions it will truly make PL more fun. Taking breaks from all the grinding people do. :cool:

Elyseon
12-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Kinda surprised people read this xD

Elyseon
12-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Btw do Devs read these, kinda want to know if they are do-able

JeffSorrows
09-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Nice, I've thought of something similar to the Guild Stash, or maybe it's own private auctions? To sell items but at below cost of normal CS (naturally a guild discount, unless someone want's to get full price and keeps it high..) With low cost, and standard 24hr sales time. With a borrowing system, to grab community gear, but only can be used for 120minutes or so. Then returned automatically, then for same item wait 6 hours before use again. But can grab other items, one weapon/armor/helm at a time.

Guild Perks
I would have no idea what it could be. Elixirs for chosen members, not as great as individual ones, but cobined with a guild party worth the investment. Or purchase of Guild vanity shields for x amount of members with guild Initials? Community items, as mid-high level weapons for players to use for x amount of time. With maybe paying 10plat (starting plat, so no cheating) to pay in some platinum to purchase guild perks (possibly with a minimum level req to pay less?) Would help the dev's I would suppose, and if someone had bought plat and had some left over..

Cumulative XP:
With xp bonuses as you mentioned would be nice at 10% for each extra guild member in party would be nice, for a 1.5x xp(or gold) bonus with full guild member party. Nothing ridiculously over the top, but helpful, especially with elixirs.

Dedicated Chat Options:
What would also help is probably a dedicated guild chat option in the social tab, to not miss what a member said, when you get flooded by random chat. The chat would be cool if it showed, the members level, and an option to pm/invite/join, Like how it shows your friends but in a smaller compacted version to the side of the chat to make invitations after talking easier. With a color messaging system from Master, 1st/2nd lieutenants would be interesting to see. But still be able to /g in-game, ending up on the guild chat, and as it does normally already. With the option to disable the dedicated GC if slowing down connection, or too much for a device.

Guild Wars!
With the ransacking idea you've had would be interesting, but would be more convenient in a guild wars type of thing, PVP/CTF style with each offering items as the spoils (like the trade confirmation system) both guilds, officers/master could accept offer, and those who gave items/money too. With warring factions would be reduced xp/gold to invoke friendly hostility. Until a treaty is declared, ending the drop in gold/high level items yielding operations, with a map to openly have ranked fights for each guild to fight one another at any given time they select the map. Also lead to having some players be able to wield a "protest torch" or on player name in guild tab, colored for protest, to show the warring should end? With guild names in color to show whether friendly (high levels in low level maps with non-guild members), to hostile (always warring, or at war with 2 or more guilds) and always a couple shades of neutral. Yes, very 'colorful' haha but would be easier and something interesting to change it up a little, without being overtly complicated. With a friendly competition attitude, of course.

That's my 2 cents, hopefully this might be read or considered for a moment before being forgotten/scrapped.

Elyseon
09-28-2012, 09:13 PM
yeh im sure devs are busy with 75/76 cap which should be coming soon according to sam o.O

but if they could work on this soon would be awesome