PDA

View Full Version : Sigh...

Draopwnzall
12-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I join a game for xp runs and I immediatly get booted with reason "." Then, just now I was about to get booted, when (player) that isn't even host tells host to "boot". Wow, can't you just ask politely to leave please? There was another game I joined and the host said "Sry full" but he didn't boot me, I said "Ok :)". Can't you people be more like them? I mostly see people boot w/ a stupid reason "D", "I"' like really? Random letters..? Wow. So annoying, it's pathetic.

kiitz
12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
It sucks to be booted. I've been booted many times and I've also had to do the booting sometimes as well. Usually when I boot, I will first just message the player and say, "Sorry full".

There are the rare cases though when you have a full group and 1 player is trying to get in. Each time someone leaves, another joins. 5 seconds pass for them to leave. Another player joins. Ask them to leave. Another player joins. Your friend starts pestering you -- "Its still FULL!!" You boot someone and take the time to type out "Sorry, its full". Quickly invite your friend to join again. Another player joins again! You tell your friend to spam join and you just start booting as fast as you can until your friend is in...

Okay, its a bit exaggerated, but anyone who hosts games knows this happens! I have counted like 10 people booted before our 5th player gets into the game before.

I know you will say, you should just lock the game-- and really if you have a full group you should. However, sometimes you are pugging to pick up potted players and you are perhaps on your 2nd or 3rd run with that new group and its not time to say, lets put a pass on this game now.

Sassinya
12-12-2011, 09:25 PM
I haven't ever had to boot anyone, if I did, I'd like to think I would be polite about it. But what if hands are also full trying to keep someone else in group alive? It could be the situation per previous poster or the above, either way I prefer to give the booter the benefit of the doubt. It at least takes some of the sting out of it for me (the bootee, had to say it lol).
Just my take on it, a different spin so to speak.

Swimmingstar
12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Instead of booting for reason "Full" I tell them. But sometimes I accidentally press boot instead of message. :|

Bunnyshoota
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I hate booting because It makes my ipod freeze.

Gaddy
12-12-2011, 09:43 PM
I think its the nature of txting that people don't want to write long sentences (our even complete words!) especially if it's just to bout someone...

Personally, I hold grudges. And there are quite a few people I've removed from my "friends" lists over stupid and obnoxious boots. And there are some people that I will not run with AT ALL, and when I see them in a game, I leave.

Palyna
12-12-2011, 09:46 PM
These days I mostly join friends or guild runs~

Those who ever booted me with random letter or dot will get a pm from me, hahaha. Maybe you should pm them so they may improve in future. They gotta learn to be nice to fellow pocket legends gamers.

Its not easy being a host, I usually msg people "sorry, guild members joining" many times if continuous joining happens. Will boot if the person refuse to leave.

zeusabe
12-13-2011, 12:13 AM
If you can just accept the game mechanic as it is, it should work just fine XD Being too overly sensitive over a game isn't really going to help...just a game, learn to work around the system, we all did (well those who don't complain at least).

Buubuuftw
12-13-2011, 12:26 AM
I join a game for xp runs and I immediatly get booted with reason "." Then, just now I was about to get booted, when (player) that isn't even host tells host to "boot". Wow, can't you just ask politely to leave please? There was another game I joined and the host said "Sry full" but he didn't boot me, I said "Ok :)". Can't you people be more like them? I mostly see people boot w/ a stupid reason "D", "I"' like really? Random letters..? Wow. So annoying, it's pathetic.

Lol "." and "s" were the reasons they booted me too! Maybe if people would ask politely or actually give a reason then I would be satisfied. I especially hate it when people ask me or whoever the host is to boot that player who is lvl 58 in a 60 game. Im cool with players being SLIGHTLY underlvl but when people ask me that I get so annoyed.

KingFu
12-13-2011, 01:10 AM
A lot of people just boot for efficiency, not so much to be considerate. Prevents the runs from being slown down. I personally have some boot loadouts for people that are stubborn and like to join every game I make after I make it...

Pharcyde
12-13-2011, 01:12 AM
I try to be polite about it but 90% of players aren't like you. 90% of them will just stay in the game, silent but moving, until you boot them. So I at least provide them with some in-site like "sorry full :(" on boot.

KingFu
12-13-2011, 01:15 AM
I try to be polite about it but 90% of players aren't like you. 90% of them will just stay in the game, silent but moving, until you boot them. So I at least provide them with some in-site like "sorry full :(" on boot.

It's usually 1 of 3 scenarios when you PM them "Full":

1) They pretend to go AFK

2) They beg you not to boot and ignore your PM

3) They leave (not-so-common)

Pharcyde
12-13-2011, 01:18 AM
It's usually 1 of 3 scenarios when you PM them "Full"

I have 3 scenarios for when I'm on the receiving end of the boot.

1.) Ask if the game if full immediately on join, if so, I leave.

2.) Get booted, but if it is polite, I usually do a /t and say "okay all good"

3.) Get booted with reason "." "noob" "sparklingpwniesforlife!" or "I hate you" then the /t flames come out.

javier995
12-13-2011, 01:27 AM
I have 3 scenarios for when I'm on the receiving end of the boot.

1.) Ask if the game if full immediately on join, if so, I leave.

2.) Get booted, but if it is polite, I usually do a /t and say "okay all good"

3.) Get booted with reason "." "noob" "sparklingpwniesforlife!" or "I hate you" then the /t flames come out.

You have really been booted with the reason "sparkilingpwniesforlife!"? Lol just made me laugh, I get booted for being too fast sometimes. It's rare when I'm booted for full, guild run, etc. reasons. Its usually "slow down" "you're too fast!" Etc. Lol

KingFu
12-13-2011, 01:28 AM
You have really been booted with the reason "sparkilingpwniesforlife!"? Lol just made me laugh, I get booted for being too fast sometimes. It's rare when I'm booted for full, guild run, etc. reasons. Its usually "slow down" "you're too fast!" Etc. Lol

I got booted with that reason before in SL by a level 34....on my level 18...

kiitz
12-13-2011, 01:36 AM
You know whats funny too? You go to boot someone with the word "FULL" and accidentally hit something by accident completing the boot with just the word "FU".

Fyrce
12-13-2011, 02:31 AM
I try not to boot, but sometimes it can't be helped when you're trying to save a spot. And yes, when people join constantly and some don't go when you say, "Full" what can you do? I've been in games where the joins are so fast, I'm both booting and chatting, "Full". Sometimes, we end up in a closed game when it gets that busy.

I've also seen other hosts with that issue. They start with 'Full' and end up with '.' because they can't be fast enough and still keep up with the group. Sometimes you have the leisure of waiting and talking, but there are lots of times when I had no clue where all the people are coming from, there are so many.

Gaddy
12-13-2011, 04:17 AM
Also, when I run games I have the phrase "Guild run, guilders come first FYI" on one of my load outs, and I also have the phrase "Sry, guild run" on my clip board for when I am forced to paste in the boot button dialog. Short and to the point and wastes very little time.

dudetus
12-13-2011, 07:31 AM
I know the feeling.

I lvled up my bear about a week ago and when I reached Fang this whole booting thing got a bit annoying.

But ONCE I got booted by a way which wasn't in any way acceptable.

I was lvl 63 with my bear if I recall correctly. I was in trash and I was searching for random PUG games. I joined a game where were 3 unnamed players with the same unnamed guild. I asked politely if it was alright if I come along. "ofc" said the host. The run was almost a half way through when I joined and when I got the point in the map where the rest of the team was I recieved a PM from the host:

"U r not welcome here because u r in Eclipse" and right after that I got booted with the reason "bye noob".

KhaosAngel
12-13-2011, 07:53 AM
HaHa Ninja, me too. Booted for being in Eclipse:)

Whisper72
12-13-2011, 08:17 AM
I only boot when ppl dont listen and act annoying. Fr ex. in the AO map with the prisoners, if joiners are told to leave the prisoners alone but dont do that, a boot will be the result. also ppl who join but go solo about the map, keeping a spot and killing mobs we should be doing together, this earns a boot...

Jewelsofjane
12-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I say, if they boot with just a letter or period, dont be so sensitive and understand the other side as well.

I have actually seen a host miss an entire run due to boot after boot after boot, trying to get that last promised player in the game. Yes, I agree that they "could" be more polite, but the booted could be less sensitive as well. I have seen up to 10 (if not more) people booted before the original player finally gets in, imagine being that host.

I agree a locked game would solve this, but as a prior poster stated, sometimes you are only in with the new group for your first couple runs.

PatsoeGamer
12-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey drao don't give up matey! You'll soon find a group who has respect for you! I remember once I got booted for the reason: "I don't like you Patsoe" so I replied "I don't like you either lol" think the player freaked out, I never heard again. He was probably a noob and wondered how I messages him after the boot lol

I put a suggestion in a while back, but never heard back from the devs. Feel free to go to it and have your say if you think it's a good idea: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38082-Improvements-to-boot

kiitz
12-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I think that would be a good idea to have some basic options already available for boot messages. Until then, let's just all agree that if you get boot with a period or a random letter, it means:
"Hello Friend. I hope you are having a great day. I wish I had space for you in my run, however it appears my group is currently full. Good luck in finding a group that can utilize your full range of skills and charming personality. I look forward to opportunities to play with you in the future!"

;)

Fyrce
12-13-2011, 03:01 PM
I think that would be a good idea to have some basic options already available for boot messages. Until then, let's just all agree that if you get boot with a period or a random letter, it means:
"Hello Friend. I hope you are having a great day. I wish I had space for you in my run, however it appears my group is currently full. Good luck in finding a group that can utilize your full range of skills and charming personality. I look forward to opportunities to play with you in the future!"

;)

This is exactly what I mean when and if I boot someone. I think most people understand, or at least no one's overtly fumed at me. But anyways, if I could type this 3million times fast, I would. And I'm sure the hosts I play with mean this as well!

javier995
12-13-2011, 07:22 PM
I got booted with that reason before in SL by a level 34....on my level 18...

Oic, that sucks.

Also, when I run games I have the phrase "Guild run, guilders come first FYI" on one of my load outs, and I also have the phrase "Sry, guild run" on my clip board for when I am forced to paste in the boot button dialog. Short and to the point and wastes very little time.

True that!

I know the feeling.

I lvled up my bear about a week ago and when I reached Fang this whole booting thing got a bit annoying.

But ONCE I got booted by a way which wasn't in any way acceptable.

I was lvl 63 with my bear if I recall correctly. I was in trash and I was searching for random PUG games. I joined a game where were 3 unnamed players with the same unnamed guild. I asked politely if it was alright if I come along. "ofc" said the host. The run was almost a half way through when I joined and when I got the point in the map where the rest of the team was I recieved a PM from the host:

"U r not welcome here because u r in Eclipse" and right after that I got booted with the reason "bye noob".

HaHa Ninja, me too. Booted for being in Eclipse:)

What's wrong with Eclipse? Haters gonna hate. Don't mind them, let the haters be your motivators!