PDA

View Full Version : Persistent disconnecting

Taresafoo
12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
In the evenings when I play I've been experiencing persistent disconnections when I play on my mobile network and on wifi, has anyone else been experiencing this? My roommate has been having the same problem and she plays from an ipod (vs my android).

Fac3bon3s
12-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Maybe your two devices are fighting over the wifi connection. Apple vs Droid. Who will win in the end?

Pharcyde
12-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Most likely router or ipod/droid issue.

Check your internet router, some come with a chip in the back that you can plug into a computer and a site analyzes the data to see if it is experiencing wifi "voids" or drop in connection.

Jailbroken ipod? old ipod? not updated ipod? never reseted it?

try deleting PL/SL, reinstall.
try reseting your network settings
try turning your ipod off completely for a full 2 minutes. (A ipod doesn't shut off completely and terminates all processes until two minutes of dark screen). Same for droid
try updating ipod/android and itunes/whatever droid plugs into.

If all that fails, you can try a good ol factory reset. Factory reset is like the holy of holys for ipod repairs. If the factory reset fails, that shows that

1.) Either your device is totally boned
2.) It is a STS server side issue.

Also, location and time affect wifi. The farther you are from Texas, the less connection you will have with STS servers. Whatever time PL/SL is the fullest, is also the time you will have the weakest wifi connection.

Taresafoo
12-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Maybe your two devices are fighting over the wifi connection. Apple vs Droid. Who will win in the end?

I think this is what's happening! :eek:

Ihavenokills
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
no worries your not the only one getting DC'd a lot.