07-18-2010, 01:06 AM
I am a lvl 28 bowchantress

I am currently using a Burglar's Heavy Crossbow with the following stats:
38-52 damage
1.0 speed
1 dex
1M/s
2 armor

Why is the DPS on that so much higher than my Ice Auto-Crossbow of Finesse with the following stats:
29-31 damage
0.9 speed
6 dex
2 dodge
1 m/s

I thought purple items were suppose to be better than orange. I am a noob are the base stats on the ice auto-cross bow just that much worse than the heavy crossbow? if so why?

Thanks,
Niveous

KingFu
07-18-2010, 01:37 AM
The burgaler's isn't necessarily better, DPS isn't everything, also, what level are the weapons? High level white can have more DPS then lower level pinks...

Niveous
07-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Both items are lvl 28. I guess I just wanted to know if there was any frost damage associated with the ice auto crossbow that was not being displayed in the avatar menu. But after simple test the dps displayed is correct. The dps difference is rather large too. Oh well I guess I will just use my silly orange bow instead.

Royce
07-18-2010, 12:18 PM
I thought purple items were suppose to be better than orange. I am a noob are the base stats on the ice auto-cross bow just that much worse than the heavy crossbow? if so why?
As others said, for one thing DPS isn't the whole story. Usually auto crossbows are fast low damage, while heavy and battle crossbows are higher damage with slower speed.

Both items are lvl 28. I guess I just wanted to know if there was any frost damage associated with the ice auto crossbow that was not being displayed in the avatar menu. But after simple test the dps displayed is correct. The dps difference is rather large too. Oh well I guess I will just use my silly orange bow instead.

I don't think the ice-autos do frost "damage", but they do freeze the target which is quite useful. Also colors tell you the rarity and, in general, can also tell you how good an item is but not always. Gray and white are always the worst. Orange is next most common, followed by green, but some oranges are better than some greens, and some greens/oranges are better than the low quality purples (Finesse/Ahnold/Albert). Also the better purples (Eagle/Bear/Owl) are better than the lowest pinks (Jewel Thief/Legend/Mastery).

Snakespeare
07-19-2010, 01:31 PM
I think the color only represents rarity for collectible purposes. I don't think it is an assessment of quality. Orange is merely uncommon, green is rarer than orange, but I rarely use green items because I like the mana regen that comes on several orange items.

I found the answer to the DPS question.
DPS = (min + max / 2) / speed

level 28 Burglar's Heavy Crossbow (my current weapon of choice, too) is DPS 45 because 38 + 52 is 90, and the rest of the math is just as easy. The Ice Auto-Crossbow of Finesse DPS can be calculated thus, 29+31=60, divided by 2 = 30, divided by .9 is 27.

And think about it, even though you can get in one more shot every ten seconds, it is still a weaker weapon. But you get 5 more Dex and +2 Dodge. The Dex will increase your chance to hit, the dodge will help you not get hit.

A better calculation than DPS would have to take into consideration your chance to hit, which is a situational variable and so it isn't a stat that you can put with a weapon. And your chance to Crit is yet another variable. Maybe you multiply the percentage by the DPS, but I don't really know. I get confused around there. If I didn't get a D in Statistics, I might be able to help you...

Another thing to consider, if you're trying to figure it out with math, is opponent armor. So the total after ten seconds could be affected by being able to take more shots. If the armor reduces damage by 20 (I don't know what their armor really is), then the DPS 45 weapon over 10 seconds does about 250, while the DPS 27 weapon (which gets 11 shots) does around 188. So the heavy crossbow is still the better one to use. But like I say, it ups your Dex and I don't know how to calculate that in.

FluffNStuff
07-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Look for the battle crossbow, either eagle or snipers (27 purple or 29 pink) They seem to have higher damage and dps then anything you will find till the L35 Bayou Xbows.

KingFu
07-19-2010, 01:50 PM
look for the battle crossbow, either eagle or snipers (27 purple or 29 pink) they seem to have higher damage and dps then anything you will find till the l35 bayou xbows.

i want one uber badly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Xd

Elffy
07-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Just so you know 30 divided by .9 is 33 not 27

Snakespeare
07-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks! You are right. I multiplied when I should have divided. That changes some calculations. Good thing I work with words, not numbers! LOL!

(DPS 45 * 10 seconds) - 200 armor (20 subtracted from 10 shots) = 250
(DPS 33 * 10 seconds) - 220 armor (20 subtracted from 11 shots) = 143

I have no idea how I got 188 for DPS 27... I give up! LOL!

Elffy
07-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Need to work crit hits in there too I think

bladesword
07-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Someone gav me battle crossbow pink.
How much is it worth? =P

KingFu
07-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Someone gav me battle crossbow pink.
How much is it worth? =P

Hard to say, not too many will offer much since it's a level 29, but the drop rate for them was nerfed!