PDA

View Full Version : Wut tha' bidniss iz?

Theremin
07-18-2010, 05:26 AM
What's the business here with the quality of loot when a single player attempts to solo a map? Is it always less than noteworthy loot? Or, is it just my imagination?

maneut
07-18-2010, 05:46 AM
What's the business here with the quality of loot when a single player attempts to solo a map? Is it always less than noteworthy loot? Or, is it just my imagination?

which map? :) I want to try and see if it's really that bad :p

Kingofthebear
07-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Theremin, please don't tell me you solo'ed Plasma Pyramid.

Royce
07-18-2010, 08:21 AM

Drops are random, and group size does not affect any individuals drop chance. So you have the same odds at getting pinks no matter what, but since groups move more quickly through dungeons you are better off in groups.

Banned
07-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Drops are random, and group size does not affect any individuals drop chance. So you have the same odds at getting pinks no matter what, but since groups move more quickly through dungeons you are better off in groups.

Actually, I recently tested that out. The drop rate does seem to be affected by the number of people you have in your party.

I'll farm level one today with another player, and post screen-shots of the drops we recieve. Then I'll do the same with a full party.

Nouda
07-18-2010, 01:09 PM
i think with a bigger party you just have more chances of a drop so it seems like a better drop rate

Royce
07-18-2010, 01:13 PM
i think with a bigger party you just have more chances of a drop so it seems like a better drop rate

Yup, and the devs have states several times that the rate is individual-based, so that party size does not affect a persons chances.

Theremin
07-18-2010, 03:27 PM
No, lol. I did NOT SOLO PLASMA PYRAMID. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to.

I have been soloing Fathom Crypt on my tankadin. I really need some gears for my bow-chantress. She has been quite unlucky as far as getting items of ANY color to drop for her spec. The bad part is, I'm going to really need this gear for my BIRD archer as well, so this gear will be serving a dual purpose.

To be perfectly clear about what is happening, I just clear the bosses, and break chests. I don't kill EVERY SINGLE mob in the dungeon. Then I reset, and run it again. I've soloed the Swamps, and gotten nothing too, so that got me wondering if more people in the party meant better lewts. Thanks for clarifying this, guys.

@ Banned, let me know what you find out. I still think that's the way it works, but I can't be sure. It'd be interesting to see what you come up with. :)