PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 110 Cap?

burntoutdex
06-17-2019, 09:42 PM
Hello,

What do you all think of the 110 cap so far?

I think Ebonthrax is pretty hard to kill, but worth it. The drops are pretty balanced, as well as looking super cool. I really like the design of the new town, especially that of the Pet-Crafting NPC.

I especially like the new boat-race mini-game, that definitely made up for the long awaited Nuri's Hallow Mini-Games never being implemented.

Once a few other people cap I am looking to get some 3v3's together to test the new PvP sets - who would be interested?

Thank you for the prompt update.

synfullmagic_23110
06-17-2019, 09:43 PM
Hello,

I think Ebonthrax is pretty hard to kill, but worth it. The drops are pretty balanced, as well as looking super cool. I really like the design of the new town, especially that of the Pet-Crafting NPC.

Once a few other people cap I am looking to get some 3v3's together to test the new PvP sets - who would be interested?

Go back to your time machine nerd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burntoutdex
06-17-2019, 09:45 PM
Go back to your time machine nerd

Did you check the Playstore this morning? :eagerness:

synfullmagic_23110
06-17-2019, 09:46 PM
Did you check the Playstore this morning? :eagerness:

HOLY **** WTFFFFF I DIDNT KNOW

IM UODATING RN

fruitbattwo
06-17-2019, 09:52 PM
Hello,

I especially like the new boat-race mini-game, that definitely made up for the long awaited Nuri's Hallow Mini-Games never being implemented.

It was definitely worth the wait. The new boss/mob mechanics are definitely more challenging than previous campaigns, but they open up way more possibilities for team-oriented play. Even with maxed out gear, it's impossible to solo. Maybe the dev team should consider adding a "solo" mode for this reason like they do with event maps. On a side note, the new gear designs are really cool. I thought that bringing the black dragon sets back as rare/epic gear drops would get a lot of backlash but it was quite the opposite. The boat racing games are also pretty awesome, almost like a whole other game within PL. I could see this bringing in a lot of new players, old and new.

Waydog
06-17-2019, 09:52 PM
I have to admit, the new cap did kind of take me by surprise but it was a pleasant surprise no doubt. I am really enjoying the theme and the all around feel of this cap. I found the strategies used to defeat the bosses to be exceptionally difficult but at the same time, very fun with the right group. I am looking forward to crafting my own sets and checking out the PvP action when I reach cap. Thanks again to Cinco for his dedication to Pocket Legends over the years and his unremitting attention to detail, it has always been worth it.

iDarkviper
06-17-2019, 09:54 PM
Hello,

I was lucky enough to drop the first pet vanity!!! Mini-Ebonthrax looks so sick and is a nice change of the common dragon pet vanity.

I’m so excited to find the rest of the vanities!

Maybe also starry-like vanities?? That would be so awesome!! :D

burntoutdex
06-17-2019, 09:56 PM
It was definitely worth the wait. The new boss/mob mechanics are definitely more challenging than previous campaigns, but they open up way more possibilities for team-oriented play. Even with maxed out gear, it's impossible to solo. Maybe the dev team should consider adding a "solo" mode for this reason like they do with event maps. On a side note, the new gear designs are really cool. I thought that bringing the black dragon sets back as rare/epic gear drops would get a lot of backlash but it was quite the opposite. The boat racing games are also pretty awesome, almost like a whole other game within PL. I could see this bringing in a lot of new players, old and new.

I agree, I was surprised by the BD dropping; but so far, it seems as if it will be healthy for the economy.

Boat-Race Time Trial tourney next? Exclusive Boat vanity for winner?

OverPricing
06-17-2019, 09:56 PM
Hello,

The boat-racing mini game seemed very nice but I was hoping for a dart mini game, it would’ve been nice.

What are your thoughts on the test of speed mini-game it’s my favorite!

burntoutdex
06-17-2019, 10:02 PM
The boat-racing mini game seemed very nice but I was hoping for a dart mini game, it would’ve been nice.

What are your thoughts on the test of speed mini-game it’s my favorite!

I quite like that one!

I also like the boat-battling, as the implementation of PvP across a span of water whilst on a boat is a really nice change of pace to the game. I wish more people were capped so we could try some of the other mini-games.

I was lucky enough to drop the first pet vanity!!! Mini-Ebonthrax looks so sick and is a nice change of the common dragon pet vanity.

I’m so excited to find the rest of the vanities!

Maybe also starry-like vanities?? That would be so awesome!! :D

The Mini-Ebonthrax looks amazing! I cannot wait until I drop one. I also like the boat helmet vanity, definitely one for AFK'ing in town.

Waydog
06-17-2019, 10:06 PM
Have any of you noticed that you gain exp while pvping? I happen to like this feature very much as I get to enjoy my favorite feature of the game all while gaining something from it. Very nice indeed.

Dolloway
06-17-2019, 10:10 PM
When Cinco said the new cap would be 'tomorrow', he wasn't kidding!

The new dragon-themed faces from the Magic Mirror and the dragon mounts are awesome! I like how you can collect all of dragon bosses in the game as mounts, from Red Dragon Slayer to Ebonthrax - really wasn't expecting mounts to make their debut in this game, but here they are. I, for one, am pleasantly surprised.

They're also quite the steal - only 500 platinum per mount. For brand new content, that's quite the bargain. I can see Cinco making a lot of money from players purchasing these new mounts and showing them off to their friends. :)

Not to mention, the level 110 PVE seems to have brought back skill-based and team-oriented map runs. I've seen plenty of bears taking aggro and gathering up all of the mobs in the corners of the map while the other members in the team finish off the mobs by completing the mega combos. In addition to this, mages seem to actually heal and revive teammates... Now I don't have to spam for them to do so in the chat! :D

iDarkviper
06-17-2019, 10:18 PM
This has been one of the best caps in years but I was IMMENSELY disappointed by the return of dragon breathed staff (L71 elite BSM staff) in 110 as an L110 weapon, has cinco learned nothing from the L80 ESB?

burntoutdex
06-17-2019, 10:21 PM
Have any of you noticed that you gain exp while pvping? I happen to like this feature very much as I get to enjoy my favorite feature of the game all while gaining something from it. Very nice indeed.

I agree, this is wonderful! I especially like the new mechanics that make it impossible to boost off players to get free xp! Now both PvP and PvE fanatics can cap in whichever way they choose.

Not to mention, the level 110 PVE seems to have brought back skill-based and team-oriented map runs. I've seen plenty of bears taking aggro and gathering up all of the mobs in the corners of the map while the other members in the team finish off the mobs by completing the mega combos. In addition to this, mages seem to actually heal and revive teammates... Now I don't have to spam for them to do so in the chat! :D

While I refuse to run PUG's, I am delighted to hear that there are finally mages pressing those green-leaves for once. This cap truly has united everyone in a really well-rounded way.

This has been one of the best caps in years but I was IMMENSELY disappointed by the return of dragon breathed staff (L71 elite BSM staff) in 110 as an L110 weapon, has cinco learned nothing from the L80 ESB?

While I dislike the idea of these weapons returning, I must admit, it has some pretty cool features. I especially like the way it procs in towns

Yogaa
06-17-2019, 10:26 PM
I agree, this is wonderful! I especially like the new mechanics that make it impossible to boost off players to get free xp! Now both PvP and PvE fanatics can cap in whichever way they choose.

While I refuse to run PUG's, I am delighted to hear that there are finally mages pressing those green-leaves for once. This cap truly has united everyone in a really well-rounded way.

While I dislike the idea of these weapons returning, I must admit, it has some pretty cool features: as Dolloway said, with 500plat and a Dragon Breathed Staff you are able to collect any dragon you wish from any campaign. What a lovely feature.So now we can farm the old black dragon set in 500 plat map?

Where y'all get this info lol?

burntoutdex
06-17-2019, 10:29 PM
So now we can farm the old black dragon set in 500 plat map?

Where y'all get this info lol?

No no, the BD set is back in the loot-table as rare/epic gear drops.

The 500 plat is used to buy the dragon after you capture it.

We collected this info by playing the new cap ourselves. Have you checked the App/Play Store today?

Yogaa
06-17-2019, 11:06 PM
No no, the BD set is back in the loot-table as rare/epic gear drops.

The 500 plat is used to buy the dragon after you capture it.

We collected this info by playing the new cap ourselves. Have you checked the App/Play Store today?It's weird, no update...

OverPricing
06-17-2019, 11:10 PM
It's weird, no update...

He removed the update from the App Store/google play, temporarily because of a game-breaking glitch revolving around the gold loot from Ebonthrax dungeon

burntoutdex
06-17-2019, 11:30 PM
It's weird, no update...

That's odd. Perhaps it isn't out for every region yet?

Yogaa
06-17-2019, 11:37 PM
That's odd. Perhaps it isn't out for every region yet?

179159Yeah I think so. I checked both on my iOS and Android no update.

burntoutdex
06-17-2019, 11:38 PM
Yeah I think so. I checked both on my iOS and Android no update.

Patience is a virtue.

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 06:07 AM
Ebonthrax was very difficult: I was too busy listening to the new music to fight; Commons couldn't time debuffs; and, Dolloway was a below average tank.

After farming, we decided to cool off in the water and try some Boat PvP. It was very difficult - but that is definitely a good thing.

Enjoying this cap a lot so far :encouragement:

https://i.imgur.com/NRFpujK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/m79C9Jf.jpg

TheUnity
06-18-2019, 06:23 AM
Ebonthrax was difficult: I was too busy listening to the new music to fight; Commons couldn't time debuffs; and, Dolloway was a below average tank.

However, we did manage to defeat Ebonthrax. I am happy to say that it drops a nice amount of gold and xp for the effort it takes to kill.:encouragement:

Boat PvP is very fun.

https://i.imgur.com/m79C9Jf.jpg

wow nice work and grind there woooowww

i offer ur Ebont scale armor 27m pls

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 06:26 AM
wow nice work and grind there woooowww

i offer ur Ebont scale armor 27m pls

It's a rewarding map to PvE on with a competent team, the grind to the cap was quite enjoyable.

I am not currently looking to sell any of the Mythics that I've dropped - apologies.

fruitbattwo
06-18-2019, 09:24 AM
Ebonthrax was very difficult: I was too busy listening to the new music to fight; Commons couldn't time debuffs; and, Dolloway was a below average .
Wow, pinning all the blame on us I see

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Wow, pinning all the blame on us I see

Where is the lie though? I'm still furious that you got the Mythic and not me that run. >:(

Cinco
06-18-2019, 10:45 AM
Patience is a virtue.

Was delayed for quality; now delayed out of spite.

I'm taking a vacation. See you all in September. :-)

neucamace
06-18-2019, 10:48 AM

I'm taking a vacation. See you all in September. :-)see you until then! enjoy your vacation man. no rush

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yogaa
06-18-2019, 10:50 AM
Ebonthrax was very difficult: I was too busy listening to the new music to fight; Commons couldn't time debuffs; and, Dolloway was a below average tank.

After farming, we decided to cool off in the water and try some Boat PvP. It was very difficult - but that is definitely a good thing.

Enjoying this cap a lot so far :encouragement:

https://i.imgur.com/m79C9Jf.jpgWow this dragon is hugeeee!
And the boat pvp is amazing!

Well done Cinco!

Btw Cinco, Can you make new level 110 Pure stat weapon?

Since 100 pure stat is kinda old and we need better stat :( maybe 10k dmg 5k armor? With the same prices 2k plat each weapon?

Yogaa
06-18-2019, 10:53 AM

I'm taking a vacation. See you all in September. :-)It's ok we can wait but could you give us another pve or pvp events?

Just sitting in the town doing nothing is boring..

fruitbattwo
06-18-2019, 11:07 AM

So basically what you’re saying is it’s tomorrow?

neucamace
06-18-2019, 11:08 AM
So basically what you’re saying is it’s tomorrow?nope.

Fwend
06-18-2019, 11:08 AM

Enjoy your well earned vacation.

The rest of the community understand this was an elaborate joke from a handful of the pvpers making fun out of jest.

Thoroughly looking forward to the new level 110 cap. Please do take your time Cinco and the STS team.

Yogaa
06-18-2019, 11:14 AM
So basically what you’re saying is it’s tomorrow?It isn't gonna be tommorow, Cinco said he will go on vacation. So the new cap is probably gonna be launched on September.
Just wait

xzLegendszx
06-18-2019, 11:16 AM

I'm taking a vacation. See you all in September. :-)Have a great vacation this new cap is so far really good.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Waydog
06-18-2019, 11:21 AM

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying this new cap, thanks for the dedication and enjoy your vacation! You earned it!

neucamace
06-18-2019, 11:29 AM
I’ve been thoroughly enjoying this new cap, thanks for the dedication and enjoy your vacation! You earned it!Lmfao

XghostzX
06-18-2019, 11:59 AM
Hahaha this thread is gold

iDarkviper
06-18-2019, 06:42 PM

Sure... Blame the community for making a joke to pass the time for the release

Did you even read what you type? This is why players are quitting, **** management.

You already lied once about “original concepts” so now your just pulling excuses from your *** “now delayed out of spite” because you literally have nothing else to say.

Also “out of spite”??? Spite of what??? The Communiry making jokes?? The community having fun?

Even the boat-racing idea was better than anything “original” you came up with this cap.

Don’t even let me get started with “delayed for quality”

Good day sir! Enjoy your undeserved vacation

synfullmagic_23110
06-18-2019, 06:45 PM

Yay, thank you

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 06:57 PM

Thank you for releasing the cap before you went away, we appreciate it!

I hope you have a safe trip!

Cinco
06-18-2019, 07:07 PM

Did you even read what you type? This is why players are quitting, **** management.

You already lied once about “original concepts” so now your just pulling excuses from your *** “now delayed out of spite” because you literally have nothing else to say.

Also “out of spite”??? Spite of what??? The Communiry making jokes?? The community having fun?

Even the boat-racing idea was better than anything “original” you came up with this cap.

Oh so I can’t joke around? I think others get that I’m having a laugh along with this funny thread.

You need to relax my friend ;-)

iDarkviper
06-18-2019, 07:27 PM
Oh so I can’t joke around? I think others get that I’m having a laugh along with this funny thread.

You need to relax my friend ;-)

It’s not, it’s just I don’t trust you with anything anymore after you

1. Lied multiple times about release date
2. Lied about the original concepts and ideas
3. Lied about “delaying for quality” when we all know it’s just re-colors
4. Released useless events when you could work more on the cap

Admit it cinco, you just want to work on AL

I seriously hope that you are correct this time about the cap releasing in September, because it would be almost a year since you said you’d “release teasers in December/January”

synfullmagic_23110
06-18-2019, 07:30 PM

I seriously hope that you are correct this time about the cap releasing in September, because it would be almost a year since you said you’d “release teasers in December/January”

I feel

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 07:32 PM

Do not worry, friend, the update is tomorrow.

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 07:34 PM
I feel

Do you? Are you sure?

3pc
06-18-2019, 07:35 PM

This seems like undirected violence, what seems to really be on ur mind chum.

Buchmeister
06-18-2019, 07:40 PM

Man you're scaring me xD

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 07:58 PM

Joke? You think this is funny?

Yogaa
06-18-2019, 08:23 PM

I seriously hope that you are correct this time about the cap releasing in September, because it would be almost a year since you said you’d “release teasers in December/January”Well at least you learn something to not trust anyone

At first I thought this was real with elite players commenting in this post with their opinions

But then I realized this is a joke..well i used to trust all these elite players but then you know it you can't trust anyone.

I've developed trust issue from this which I never had but it's good make you less likely to get scammed.

They are just joking lol dont take it seriously bro, learn from it.

They have no intentions in hurting someone's feelings.

Cinco
06-18-2019, 08:29 PM
Joke? You think this is funny?

It’s “Laugh Out Loud” funny.

OverPricing
06-18-2019, 08:30 PM

Haha I don’t think anyone is laughing, atleast not out loud but I appreciate your jokes

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 08:38 PM

Agreed.

Will we be seeing boat races introduced after your vacation?

OverPricing
06-18-2019, 08:40 PM
Agreed.

Will we be seeing boat races being introduced after your vacation?

I hope so, it will be something new and original and freshening to PL instead of just a plat map as a bonus for the expansion maps

Cinco
06-18-2019, 08:43 PM
Agreed.

Will we be seeing boat races introduced after your vacation?

You mean... like... in Pocket Legends?!

Alphasemana
06-18-2019, 08:44 PM

The community has spoken

Cinco
06-18-2019, 08:52 PM
The community has spoken

I mean - boat races are a big part of the 1980's Pocket Legends pen-and-paper game...

Buchmeister
06-18-2019, 08:56 PM
I mean - boat races are a big part of the 1980's Pocket Legends pen-and-paper game...

Will procs be returning on 110 gear? :o

Cinco
06-18-2019, 09:17 PM
Will procs be returning on 110 gear? :o

Since they were so unpopular in 105 PvP (in addition to creating a matrix of complex obstacles to balance) I am planning on proc effects only being triggered in PvE.

synfullmagic_23110
06-18-2019, 09:17 PM
Since they were so unpopular in 105 PvP (in addition to creating a matrix of complex obstacles to balance) I am planning on proc effects only being triggered in PvE.

Good

OverPricing
06-18-2019, 09:50 PM

it would be wonderful to add that in pocket legends, since the start all we had was just farming,pvping,merching; mini-games would be the best addition in years, it will bring joy to many people, I don’t see a reason to NOT add it

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 10:04 PM

Correct.

Also,

if I row my boat from Australia, all the way to Austin, Texas, can I have the chance to 1v1 you in the newly released L110 PvP Arena?

Same stakes as last time? ;)

https://i.imgur.com/AzyJNFD.png

fruitbattwo
06-18-2019, 10:08 PM
Correct.

Also,

if I row my boat from Australia, all the way to Austin, Texas, can I have the chance to 1v1 you in the newly released L110 Honour Arena?

Same stakes as last time? ;-)

Why not up the ante a bit? If you lose, 110 is cancelled completely.
If you beat Cinco, it releases tomorrow.

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 10:10 PM

Deal! I am sure Cinco will agree to this.

OverPricing
06-18-2019, 10:14 PM

Why not add more pressure?

If burntoutdex loses, not only is 110 cancelled, but super elite weapons get added to L15 and Dragoness/green harvest set is released again

XghostzX
06-18-2019, 10:24 PM

Cinco, would you do the honor and accept this challenge?

burntoutdex
06-18-2019, 10:38 PM
Cinco, would you do the honor and accept this challenge?

Fear not, I will not let you down. Hahahahabirdy has secretly been teaching me how to 1v1 since I offered the challenge - there is no way I can lose now.

With that being said: the update is tomorrow. :encouragement:

Flamesofanger
06-19-2019, 05:50 AM
Correct.

Also,

if I row my boat from Australia, all the way to Austin, Texas, can I have the chance to 1v1 you in the newly released L110 PvP Arena?

Same stakes as last time? ;)

I freaking love cinco's humor, this is golden. Lmao

Waug
06-19-2019, 06:39 AM

lol chill, EPIC said Fortnite the PVE version will be free in 2018.

Muzzling
06-19-2019, 01:10 PM
Was this a joke thread? I hear all this stuff about new cap being released and showing screenshots. How do some people have it but the rest dont? Can someone clear this up?

3pc
06-19-2019, 04:16 PM
Was this a joke thread? I hear all this stuff about new cap being released and showing screenshots. How do some people have it but the rest dont? Can someone clear this up?
Lol yes its a joke, look closely at the photos.

OverPricing
06-19-2019, 05:45 PM

These are the kind of people you let host tourneys and look what happened

Can’t even seetell the difference between a bad photoshop and a joke

burntoutdex
06-19-2019, 06:45 PM

No, this was legit. Much like PLA, StG sent out an email looking for beta-testers for the new cap. Luckily enough, a few of us were able to get together to play the beta.

Waydog
06-19-2019, 08:00 PM

You fool! You absolute buffoon!

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
06-19-2019, 10:58 PM
You guys really made me come out of retirement and check the App Store feverishly for an update. Then, you guys made me try and remember my forum account information so I can yell at y’all. LMFAOOOO touché.

burntoutdex
06-19-2019, 11:37 PM
You guys really made me come out of retirement and check the App Store feverishly for an update. Then, you guys made me try and remember my forum account information so I can yell at y’all. LMFAOOOO touché.

Is the update really not out for you yet?

killinclaw
06-20-2019, 01:26 AM
Lmao best thread in years.
But if I have to give my opinion on the 110 cap, Burntoutdex, I'd say the procs are great in pve, where they should be, even though you have a bad team that lacks the pve knowledge, like cough cough scatter bears or mages that forget to heal, you can still maintain yourself and continue playing. Pvp wise, give the lil fox guys more armor pls lol and mages a longer cooldown on heal, not a lot, but like 2 secs worth. And omg the bosses, guys you have to really help each other out, group combos to the fullest, learn mega combos, it'll help out your team.

burntoutdex
06-20-2019, 06:33 AM
Will Cinco accept the stakes of the 1v1?

Waug
06-20-2019, 08:10 AM
Will Cinco accept the stakes of the 1v1?

Maybe not but if I was Cinco I would rather through a 1v1 at game designing :rapture: wanna accept the stakes?

burntoutdex
06-20-2019, 08:15 AM
Maybe not but if I was Cinco I would rather through a 1v1 at game designing :rapture: wanna accept the stakes?

I'd give 110 cap development a try ;)

Cinco
06-20-2019, 08:43 AM
I'd give 110 cap development a try ;)

And yer banned.

Caokahed
06-20-2019, 08:45 AM
Im very excited about this, it remembers me to humanian expansion

Cinco
06-20-2019, 08:45 AM
No, this was legit. Much like PLA, StG sent out an email looking for beta-testers for the new cap. Luckily enough, a few of us were able to get together to play the beta.

Now you’re taking it too far :-)