PDA

View Full Version : Is the server unstable?

WhoIsThis
12-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Every now and then, it seems, the forums return a "database" error of some sort. It usually leaves the site down for about 3-5 minutes; sometimes longer.

This does not seem to be a rare occurrence either; the downtime for the site seems to be abnormally high and there are outages several times a week.

mugen
12-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Happens to me too, maybe just high traffic on the server

Otukura
12-13-2011, 11:55 PM
If you notice, it's every day at the same time. Check back tomorrow around 11:00-11:05(I think) your time. I made a thread a few months ago, before Daylight Savings Time, and it doesn't seem to have changed with that. Used to always get grumpy at 9:00 for me, now it's 8:00.

Moogerfooger
12-13-2011, 11:58 PM
I haven't noticed the server being unstable, but my stomach is after chowing down on some Taco Bell.

Time to go warm up the Stone Pony :D

BodMaster
12-15-2011, 07:43 AM
I've also brought it up, at 4am (GMT) without fail it will have the database error message. Guess was for maintenance, but no one has confirmed this yet.

CrimsonTider
12-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I haven't noticed the server being unstable, but my stomach is after chowing down on some Taco Bell.

LMAO!!

This is why I can't read forums while my students are working! I literally LOL'd!!

Yvonnel
12-15-2011, 11:24 AM

LMAO!!!! :D

Tapatalk'd from my EH03 SuperClean Fascinate

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 01:25 AM
If it is maintenance, perhaps an announcement is in order to allow people to prepare.

javier995
12-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Its the server taking its daily nap. It runs 23hrs and 55 minutes, it needs a rest sometime! Poor server it's worked too hard.

On a serious note. Maybe its the server restarting?

MrGoober
12-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Its the server taking its daily nap. It runs 23hrs and 55 minutes, it needs a rest sometime! Poor server it's worked too hard.

On a serious note. Maybe its the server restarting?
If that's the case it's a crappy server or setup. It should be set in dual or tri servers in mirror raid. so server 1 goes down & updates while 2&/or 3 pick up the load, 1 restarting and ppl updating, 2 following 1 & so on.
Mutual update is better when all shut down & update.
Ever notice there are A LOT of cs zones running? Maxxing out @ 23 occupancy? This cuts down on bandwidth latency per zone which enhances (ping) performance.

javier995
12-17-2011, 01:59 AM
If that's the case it's a crappy server or setup. It should be set in dual or tri servers in mirror raid. so server 1 goes down & updates while 2&/or 3 pick up the load, 1 restarting and ppl updating, 2 following 1 & so on.
Ever notice there are A LOT of cs zones running? Maxxing out @ 23 occupancy? This cuts down on bandwidth latency per zone which enhances (ping) performance.

Pretends to understand everything you said*

Lol jk, I understood half sorry for my lack of knowledge. Yes I somewhat understand what you're saying tho.

KingFu
12-17-2011, 02:48 AM

Strangely enough, I understood that...