PDA

View Full Version : Question About Farming

Kingslaya
12-14-2011, 12:35 AM
So I'm getting back into Pocket Legends again, reading the forums yet again, and I have come across this a couple of times. I have read a couple of posts/threads where people say something along the lines of this: "I have a lvl 30 farmer" or "I keep him at level 21 for farming". Now I don't know exactly how much has changed since I've been gone, but wouldn't make more sense just to have a Max Level(Currently 66) farm anything and everything you want to farm? I mean you would obviously kill everything faster so it would be much more efficient yes? Unless,which is probably the case, there has been a patch where the drop rate is effected based on what level you are and what level your opponents are. That would be the only reason why I would think to keep a level 30 farmer or whatever. Any help on clarifying this for me would be much appreciated.

NECROREAPER
12-14-2011, 12:43 AM
There are lvl specific drops that only players within the appropriate level range can obtain. For example, only a lvl 21 or below cam receive a lvl 21 earthquake plate, while anything 25 and above would just receive a lvl 25 with no chance at the 21 since they aren't at that level anymore.

If this is confusing, someone will clarify. I would post a more thorough response but I'm at work :/

Fyrce
12-14-2011, 12:44 AM
It's not drop rate. It's drop LEVEL. A level 60 farming in Swamps will drop only level 35 or other max level items. That 'farmer' will not drop level 31 or level 33 items...

Ellyidol
12-14-2011, 12:46 AM
To farm the end game stuff, of course a 66. The fixed farmers are only for the scaled farming.

The old scale farming system used to take the average level of the entire group to determine the level of loot you get. The new system, however, doesn't use the entire group level anymore but individual levels.

Take for example in the past, to get a 51 loot, your party would need to be 52 below (I think). Now, you can have 1 51 and the rest 66 and the level 51 would still get a 51 drop while the 66 would get the 55 drop. Even worse or better (matter of opinion) on lower levels. You could have 1 level 10 and the rest level 66.

Edit: Super ninja'd.

MadxMedicine
12-14-2011, 12:49 AM
People make level 21 farmers, 30, etc.. to get the drops they so desire by locking there level at the specific item they want to get.

Example: Crystalline Sword Level 21
Lock at level 21, and farm Sandstone Caves.

Dropping Levels [After Update]:
If a level 50 is in a Forest Haven game, and you are level 5 trying to farm Artisans leather (Level 5) you will now be able to get your level 5 drops.

Dropping Levels [Before Update]:
If a level 50 is in a Forest Haven game, and you are level 5 trying to farm Artisans leather (Level 5) you would be able to get level 10 (Max level drops because there is a
max level person in the game.)

Common Farming:

Sandstone Caves- Level 21
Results: 21 Pinks
My Experience: Easy, and worth it. 3 pinks in 2 days :)

Lost Expo.- Level 32
Results: Green Ice
My Experience: Impossible, not worth it.

I hope this helped! ;)

Dudjdj
12-14-2011, 12:51 AM
This is called farming for scaled items

Kingslaya
12-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Wow 6 views and 5 responses which all cleared up my question! Thanks a lot guys!

NECROREAPER
12-14-2011, 12:56 AM
I ninja'd you all!!!!!!!!

>:)