PDA

View Full Version : Question About Twinking

Kingslaya
12-14-2011, 01:21 AM
Well now that I understand how the farming works and why you would want to have a level 21 farmer; I have a new question. I never really fully understood the concept of twinking. From my understanding the reason why people twink is because at max level it is all about the "Armor" and not about the "Skill" which I partially agree with. What I don't understand is that lets say your twinking at level 21 for example. You will face people 5 levels below or above 21. Even at this low level every one of this "Twinkers" will have the best armor and set up for that level. To me that just ruins the point of it right. your basically doing something different to try to make it more skillful yet in the end your just doing the same thing at a lower level?

NECROREAPER
12-14-2011, 01:33 AM
True, and also an interesting perspective.

Low lvl twinking introduces a whole host of challenges due to the decreased influence of skills and increased need for being highly attuned to your character's build. Even just who gets the first stomp can be the deciding factor in a twink fight, so a whole number of other factors arise when twinking.

Hope this is somewhat helpful, im still at work, lol

Kingslaya
12-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the help again Necro! I would thank your post, but it seems that STS has nerfed awesome helpers like you. Apparently I have to "Spread" my thanks before I can thank you again lol.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NECROREAPER again.

NECROREAPER
12-14-2011, 01:46 AM
No worries, no thanks needed ;).

I'd suggest gathering more info from more experienced twinkers since really my only twink experience is from my AoA character, a lvl 10.

Darkfader
12-14-2011, 08:37 AM
I have created myself various twinks for all popular levels for pvp. 10,12,15,16,19,20,22,25,30.
Most funny it's what lower level you are. Then it's all about skills and experience on that character. As example 12, think about character with 11skill points. You need to test it many times before you find enough good build for your personal gamestyle. Tweaking differen skill orders(combos) for different type of enemy. It's not even close as easy as endgame pvp when you have almost all skills maxed and all that matters is how good is your armor and will you dodge or not.