PDA

View Full Version : is one server enough ??? hmmm/ :???

Anishavie
12-14-2011, 03:15 AM
maybe if one server ges overloaded

we can have two severs and the second one being and entirely differnet world
like a paralell dimension

for example: instead of red sun pirates it can be blue sun samaritans and they get invaded by
alien pirates and we help them

how can one server not get overloaded
it should overload at somepoint right???
espeacially since star legends is out on chrome so more people will be playing

Urqui
12-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Why would you possibly want 2 servers? :o
& I don't think their servers could get full & if they did I think STS would do something about it before it could even happen:)

Kakatoa91
12-14-2011, 05:07 AM
Atm sl or even pl dont need much more.
I dont think we have yet problem log in game coz off too much people.

And like urqui said sts will probably anticipate the crowd if too much in future.

Anishavie
12-14-2011, 05:37 AM
but i still want the parallel universe

i gues ur probably right about the severs

but does anyone like the parallel universe idea

Urqui
12-14-2011, 05:49 AM
It'd be cool;)
But the only way that could possible happen is in a dungeon
But idk how they could make that work >.< lol
Good Idea Though:)

WoundedEagle
12-14-2011, 06:26 AM
I don't think I have ever seen the server overload. Asommers said the player amount even close to the mac limit hasn't been reached. When it does, I suppose STS will make a new server.

-we

bronislav84
12-14-2011, 09:07 PM
They will just add more sever load space if they need to. The server makes as many instances as needed so there will never be a time when there's no room for more characters because a new empty instance will just get created for them to get out into and empty instances eventually vanish, freeing up server load.

I remember back in the day when SL didn't exist, PL showed a count of how many people were loged on, then it got silently taken out. Also I heard the game launched with separate servers but then they changed it do everybody was on one bug server with instances.

There's enough room for everybody.

About the parallel universe campaign idea, meh, doubt they'd do it but it's interesting. SL is still young.