PDA

View Full Version : Pink Drought + Number of Kills

Bronxman2012
12-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Hello all:

I have two questions. I've been trying to acquire the coveted Chipotera (not sure of the spelling), and have participated in many Fang dungeons. I've completed all three floors plus the Vampire Feast. As part of the groups I have been a part of, thus far, one only person in any of the groups received a pink. I've been in a pink drought since Saturday. However, on Saturday, I received two pinks from Nuri's Hollows.

So:

Are pinks are rarer to acquire in Fang than in Nuri's?
Also, is this normal to get multiple pinks in one day, and then not get another pink for several days?

Also, how does Pocket Legends calculate when you get a "kill?" I noticed several times when teaming up with others that although we are both teaming up on a creature, sometimes, I get a recorded kill, and sometimes I don't. So:

Is the person who strikes the final blow the one who gets the kill, or does anyone who participates in the slaying get a kill? In short, do assists count?

I don't care either way; I was merely curious about how Pocket Legends tracks kills.

Rare
12-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Pinks are completely random. I can't speak for the actual drop rate, but its pretty low. It seems that's the way it goes. You have looong droughts but then you may get 2 or 3 in a day. If your drought is only since Saturday, you should feel lucky. I haven't seen a good pink in almost 3 weeks.

The kill, I'm pretty sure, goes to the person that makes the kill shot.

Ellyidol
12-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Easiest way to determine pink rates is pure luck, really. I don't think its possible to put a number on it. You'd get players who would say no pink in weeks (like above), then you'll have a few come in and say I've seen a couple everyday. Lol.

And yes, kill count = kill shot.

Fyrce
12-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Um, completely random.

I received about 11 in Mt. Fang, then nothing for about 2 weeks, then about 4 more, then nothing for the last day or two. Over this time, I leveled 2 characters from L60 to L66, and one character from L56 to L65. That's in addition to farming probably a few hundred runs on each of the characters beyond their levels.

I've gone through periods where I do not see a pink for something like a month and hundreds of bosses.

YMMV.

Smurfy
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I've lvled 5 toons to 66, and have recieved premium craftable pinks drop about every 70 - 100 boss kills. I used thrashers, so I'm fairly certain that must have played a role. I've based my calculations off of 100K xp for lvl 66, avg 340xp/run since I focused 80% of the time on Emma, about 350-400 boss kills/toon since many times I'd enter a map that was over half cleared for more chances at the boss, and the 4-5 craftable items I got per toon. I did notice that the drops seemed to come more for the entire party right after they did the adjustment when things were absolutely dry, and seems to have slowed down a bit after last Friday with the update. Hope this helps.

csb
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
I haven't seen a pink in Fang in about a week, and I do a lot of Crypt xp runs.

But, I'm working on my totem quest in AO3 Victory lap, and I come away with a dozen pinks per hour. Of course, those pinks are usually worth about 1k gold. Some players say "wow", so i give it to them and they say "omg!", but it's junk to me.

It's an interesting contrast in drop rates.

BTW: I seem to get a lot more pinks that others, but then I wear a clover and use elixirs.

Duped
12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
..... I did notice that the drops seemed to come more for the entire party right after they did the adjustment when things were absolutely dry, and seems to have slowed down a bit after last Friday with the update. Hope this helps.

This would be my suspicions as this is what appears to happen in the endgame campaings I've been a part of. (Sewers and up) And the kill goes to the one who makes the kills shot.

csb
12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
This would be my suspicions as this is what appears to happen in the endgame campaings I've been a part of. (Sewers and up) And the kill goes to the one who makes the kills shot.

Maybe the kill goes to the one making the killing shot, but not the loot. I was dead on the floor for last half the battle in Fang, and I was the only one that got the pink.

Smurfy
12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
You can get drops and XP while you are dead. I do believe that you must be the one making the final blow to get the kill or regen potions.

Reaganite
12-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Maybe the kill goes to the one making the killing shot, but not the loot. I was dead on the floor for last half the battle in Fang, and I was the only one that got the pink.

LOL - I wish that would happen to me, since I end up on the floor a little too often sometimes ;)