PDA

View Full Version : Preview - Legend of Ebonthrax (Weapon) Items

Cinco
06-21-2019, 10:42 AM
A few Level 110 weapon items currently in development...

From left to right: The Swabby Mop, the Sextant Crossbow, the Captain's Falchion, the Nautical Compass Wand, and the Fishmonger's Dual Daggers

All part of the island excursion theme. All of them super-shiny (though the pic doesn't really do them justice in that regard).

Elite Level 110 weapons are intended to have procs that only activate in PVE. And as such they'll be things like bonus damage on hit, extra hits on target, target area of effect blasts, crit, armor and damage buffs, and possibly 'banish' (but only for minion monsters). Feel free to share your thoughts on what you think would be good to add or important to avoid. I'm working on these mechanics now and will be reviewing commentary in this thread over the weekend.

Best wishes!

synfullmagic_23110
06-21-2019, 10:43 AM
The crossbow looks nice

Would the mop be used as a staff ?

Banish? I’m assuming it’s a very low chance of just deleting the mob you’re targeting (beside bosses)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axce
06-21-2019, 10:43 AM
Looks good my guy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

xzLegendszx
06-21-2019, 10:45 AM
This looks so sick, good job Cinco im impressed.

Cinco
06-21-2019, 10:48 AM
The crossbow looks nice

Would the mop be used as a staff ?

Banish? I’m assuming it’s a very low chance of just deleting the mob you’re targeting (beside bosses)?

The Mop is a two-handed item and could be implemented as a melee weapon or as a staff... or both ;-)
And yes "banish" would be a chance to instantly kill a monster that isn't a mini-boss or the campaign boss.

axce
06-21-2019, 10:52 AM
What about using the golden age sword as a wand sort of and make it a throwing animation like the talons

xzLegendszx
06-21-2019, 10:55 AM
Shouldn't it be in Annoucements?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

synfullmagic_23110
06-21-2019, 10:56 AM

Same thing happened with the other preview post

axce
06-21-2019, 10:57 AM

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit TapatalkHe's just discussing it on how we like it it's not a final say

xzLegendszx
06-21-2019, 10:58 AM
He's just discussing it on how we like it it's not a final say

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk Ah ok I see.

axce
06-21-2019, 11:01 AM
Just reread cinco post again to understand cuz idk wat to tell u my guy[emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]

Waydog
06-21-2019, 11:38 AM
Will there also be a longbow or talon included with these new weapons?

MageFFA
06-21-2019, 12:31 PM
Finally a dang on crossbow. Tired of talons.

MageFFA
06-21-2019, 12:34 PM
@Cinco can you leak the attack speed for the Crossbow? It looks like it's gonna be 1.1 from design but I'm hoping it's. 6, .8, or 1.0

TheUnity
06-21-2019, 12:45 PM
Elite Level 110 weapons are intended to have procs that [I]only activate in PVE. And as such they'll be things like bonus damage on hit, extra hits on target, target area of effect blasts, crit, armor and damage buffs, and possibly 'banish' (but only for minion monsters).

so awesome, can't wait to try the effect in pve @.@

get reaaady guys L110 is near

Congeniality
06-21-2019, 12:47 PM
Might be cool if the double daggers gave the holder a movement speed increase. I think that makes sense with the theme of a close quarters auto-attacking damage dealer.

Thanks for asking for our input @Cinco.

Cheers

ImRandy
06-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Looks super good ... Are these 110 elite weapons drops from campaign boss or are we crafting as in Mad Mage?

Also I think some defensive process in one of the weaps, maybe the Mop for cleanse type effect of an individual team member.

And i like root (small chance to kill ok) proc on minions instead of banish.

If we are talking about an elite dungeon elite campaign boss (the one we will farm for drops) I like all three procs (Int,Dex,Str) combo effect to kill boss.

Thanks so much Cinco and team

Alphasemana
06-21-2019, 01:35 PM
Fantastic! Love them all. I think something important to consider is the visual effect of the proc. I mean the bar was set by a giant shark, big green glowy rings, and a massive bomb! Not to mention lava pools and a big ol glowy shield (staff proc is.... ok *cough*)

I'd like to see some colorful and creative visuals to go along with the proc effects
Some ideas for visuals I'd like to see are
-Rift in floor, seen in bsm and oktaal. Yellow or maroon? Possibly to go along with banish?
-Enemies effected glow colored orbs possibly for a splash poison proc?
-Lightning visual on enemy(or enemies).... but many flashes of different colored strikes, giving a rainbow look
-Sandstorm visual to go along with the sand theme... size matters, block my whole screen idc
-Not pac-man.... but maybe his non-related completely uncopyrighted... purple friend, (EA.TZ-MAN) proc that rises from the ground and gobbles up the enemy, similar to how the shark proc works for elite marlin sword
-Buff proc visual that encloses you in a shield of the visual for XP orbs, but much larger. Color of choice, purple of course. Gold is old ;D
-Buff proc where your character skin is replaced with pure lava texture, clothes and all. Would go well with rings similar to mana shield
-Proc that spawns crosshairs on the ground, when destroyed, explodes like barrel or bomb. Visual could be a cannonball fired from a far away (off screen) ship.

Thanks for taking these into consideration!!! I may update with more, I'd love to hear every1 elses ideas too!

3pc
06-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Fantastic! Love them all. I think something important to consider is the visual effect of the proc. I mean the bar was set by a giant shark, big green glowy rings, and a massive bomb! Not to mention lava pools and a big ol glowy shield (staff proc is.... ok *cough*)

I'd like to see some colorful and creative visuals to go along with the proc effects
Some ideas for visuals I'd like to see are
-Rift in floor, seen in bsm and oktaal. Yellow or maroon? Possibly to go along with banish?
-Enemies effected glow colored orbs possibly for a splash poison proc?
-Lightning visual on enemy(or enemies).... but many flashes of different colored strikes, giving a rainbow look
-Sandstorm visual to go along with the sand theme... size matters, block my whole screen idc
-Not pac-man.... but maybe his non-related completely uncopyrighted... purple friend, (EA.TZ-MAN) proc that rises from the ground and gobbles up the enemy, similar to how the shark proc works for elite marlin sword
-Buff proc visual that encloses you in a shield of the visual for XP orbs, but much larger. Color of choice, purple of course. Gold is old ;D
-Buff proc where your character skin is replaced with pure lava texture, clothes and all. Would go well with rings similar to mana shield
-Proc that spawns crosshairs on the ground, when destroyed, explodes like barrel or bomb. Visual could be a cannonball fired from a far away (off screen) ship.

Thanks for taking these into consideration!!! I may update with more, I'd love to hear every1 elses ideas too!

I agree with this completely and on the side i think we should add 1H’s. We should keep the gear like helm/arm on theme to not some random outfit like the honor gear.

Xyzther
06-21-2019, 02:08 PM
I think a cool/unique proc for the crossbow would be a 10 sec buff where your auto attack is at 2x speed. Although this may require some additional coding, so I’m not expecting its implementation or anything.

Tpfelblatt
06-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Hoping that the weapons and sets won't be class-specific.

Personally not a fan of dual-daggers in PvE and especially not in PvP. In the past the tradeoff Range vs DPS was heavily in favor of Range because it also provided sufficient DPS.
In PvP dual daggers would always fall short of Bow, Talon or Dagger because armor and dodge were too low which made it easy for opponents to kite, stun and shoot the dual dagger wielder down from range.

This is purely from fox perspective. Rhino might do better with dual daggers because they have two unstuns and the Guardian buff for 8s. Then again we don't know the values on the weapons and which weapon types are going to be introduced yet. Just something to consider for PvP :)

killinclaw
06-21-2019, 03:07 PM
Pretty cool weapons, Cinco. One proc that comes to mind is a storm cloud that has a pirate flag on top of it, pops up over the enemies and rains down pirate looking daggers. Dagger rain? Another is a spear or dagger that when fired, bounces off the enemies, one after another, like ping pong. Or like Yondu's whistle spike from Guardians of the galaxy.

3pc
06-21-2019, 03:30 PM
What i meant by cooler gear is like we already have pirate hat as vanity but lets make it the new cap gear helm to with diff variations for classes. Prehaps for body like a pirate uniform with maybe a bootleg? Add a parrot pet too for exclusive fast cappers or listed out for plat.

Fwend
06-21-2019, 03:57 PM
Thank you for allowing us to contribute to the new cap. Cinco, we appreciate you and all work and effort you place into our game.

Regarding the new weapons.

The two (2) handed weapons should be used as an offensive set with procs based on attack and DAMAGE , CRIT and HIT, the splash damage of weapons is wanted, added target area of effect. The new addition of 'banish' of a mob will be enjoyable to execute.

And one (1) handed weapons with a use of a shield should be used as a defense set with procs of HEALING , ARMOR and HEALTH & MANA buffs with lesser damage bonuses.

The procs with beautiful visual effects are desired. Those special procs of the 71 humania elites set a high standard and are most loved within our community.

I do agree with others where no class specific weapons please. I love the option to choose which gear I use to farm with.

OverPricing
06-21-2019, 06:09 PM
These weapon look so cool, specially the compass wand. And the procs so far sound amazing!

And thank you for bringing back crossbows! Been missing them since 76 cap.

Also is there going to be a 1-Handed dex ranged weapon? Seeing as it has crossbow and 2-Handed daggers, which were the same type of weapons released in humania cap, which did not have a 1-Handed ranged dex weapon.

Really excited for more previews. :D

Buchmeister
06-21-2019, 06:48 PM
The Mop is a two-handed item and could be implemented as a melee weapon or as a staff... or both ;-)
And yes "banish" would be a chance to instantly kill a monster that isn't a mini-boss or the campaign boss.

Wait a staff OR melee? How is this gonna work? Will it be more oriented for a specific class?

Also what's the status on the proc visuals? I'm a sucker for cool looking procs and the 105 procs were really kind of okay, at best.

Buchmeister
06-21-2019, 06:51 PM
I hate to double post but I also suggest adding area of effect team buffs as procs like a total health boost or maybe a heal-on-receiving-damage kind of proc? Like the corrupted blunderbuss from AL.

avaunt
06-21-2019, 07:39 PM
dam this forum is filled w positive peoples lol, in al, most of em gon be toxic on every new updates, havent seen anythin like that in pl [emoji23]

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Suntv
06-21-2019, 09:47 PM
Hey Cinco, is the Nautical Compass Wand a Dark Bolt? We’ve seen too much lightning and we’re due for Dark Bolt since Goddess was the last one :rugby:

burntoutdex
06-21-2019, 11:26 PM
The weapons are quirky!

What is the speed of the xbow? 0.6?

I think an interesting concept could be: the weapons' autos can proc with 'mega combos' to create an even stronger combo. It could double the damage/debuff of the 'mega combo,' and, heal all teammates, for example.

This would promote team play which is something that, in my opinion, hasn't been a large factor in any recent cap. (Ratio of player stats to mob stats, pets, etc)

Thanks for making somewhere for us to share ideas!

TheUnity
06-22-2019, 06:25 AM
dam this forum is filled w positive peoples lol, in al, most of em gon be toxic on every new updates, havent seen anythin like that in pl [emoji23]

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

we've been waiting for this update forlong time..

Trailed
06-22-2019, 07:27 AM
I hopw you give some sc's about the armor ;)

xzLegendszx
06-22-2019, 07:30 AM
Im so excited when the 110 content is out *_* I can't wait any longer.

Muzzling
06-22-2019, 08:06 AM
To be honest the wand is very underwhelming. Just looks like a toothpick with a circle on the end. Maybe a little more detail, color, or a little bigger. It just looks like a baby toy right now unfortunately.

cryboi
06-22-2019, 11:28 AM
To be honest the wand is very underwhelming. Just looks like a toothpick with a circle on the end. Maybe a little more detail, color, or a little bigger. It just looks like a baby toy right now unfortunately.Cinco said - All part of the island excursion theme. All of them super-shiny (though the pic doesn't really do them justice in that regard).

Poslano sa mog ANE-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

cryboi
06-22-2019, 11:34 AM
Btw i like the design nice job cinco!
Will we see other parts of items (armor and helms)

xzLegendszx
06-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Hope the other weapons look sick aswell.

Tpfelblatt
06-23-2019, 08:54 AM
Pretty cool weapons, Cinco. One proc that comes to mind is a storm cloud that has a pirate flag on top of it, pops up over the enemies and rains down pirate looking daggers. Dagger rain? Another is a spear or dagger that when fired, bounces off the enemies, one after another, like ping pong. Or like Yondu's whistle spike from Guardians of the galaxy.

Loving these Ideas so I'm gonna quote them to emphasize and add some more.

Swabby Mop: Chance to conjure a Bucket full of dirty water, creating a wave/pool.

Sextant Crossbow: Chance to conjure a star. Between star and position of Sextant crossbow a giant lightbeam damages everthing in its line.

Captain's Falchion: Conjure a ship/Ghosts of dead crewmates

Nautical Compass Wand: Drags a bunch of rubble from the ground of the sea and hurls it at enemies.

Fishmonger's Dual Daggers: Calls upon a school of fish damaging targets and making them vulnerable (Targets inside take additional dmg?)

For a potential Dagger: killinclaws idea

Talon: ?

2h Sword: Call Kraken/Whirlpool

Probably too much work and too little reward for those kind of procs but you can dream...

XghostzX
06-23-2019, 10:25 AM
Who's pumped for boat racing?

burntoutdex
06-23-2019, 05:34 PM
Who's pumped for boat racing?

Tour de Alterra next tourney?

Duckypowerz
06-23-2019, 06:28 PM
I’m so happy we get crossbows again. I’ve missed using crossbows in pvp so Much. I’ll never forget how much fun using a phantom/esb set was in 71 pvp!

Dolloway
06-24-2019, 10:27 AM
Mortar/Cannon Summon Proc - summons a mortar or cannon. Upon charging it up with an auto attack, the mortar/cannon launches a cannonball that hits/splashes all enemies within its radius.

Whirlpool Vortex Proc - 12m radius, sucks all enemies in within a 12m radius causing damage and stunning them. I think this would be useful for tanks and crowd control.

Invisibility Proc: This would work like the Shadow Essence elixir, granting the player 7 seconds of invisibility to mobs. During this proc phase, the player gains 2x dmg, 2x auto speed, poison, etc. This might work really well with the dual daggers for foxes so that they're able to be stealthy and sneaky.

Possess Proc: During this proc phase, enemies will become possessed as your own "minions" and start attacking other mobs for 2x dmg and 2x speed.

Tsunami or Sea Storm Proc: This proc will rain down poison acid onto mobs damaging them over time. The rain heals all teammates that are inside of its radius over time (say 200 health per second over several seconds).

Berserker Proc: Whenever your health falls below 50%, you get 2x damage and 2x auto attack speed.

Piranha Proc: Undead piranhas jump up from the depths of the beach and nibble on enemies, causing damage over time.

Buried Treasure Proc: Enemies have a chance to drop "buried treasure" upon death. Those who collect/pick up the treasure gain 3000 health.

Sheugokin
06-24-2019, 02:27 PM
Is the update happening now? Like my client seems to suggest so ������

cryboi
06-24-2019, 02:45 PM
Is the update happening now? Like my client seems to suggest so ������I dont think so

XghostzX
06-24-2019, 04:24 PM
I dont think so

The update is tomorrow, man

xzLegendszx
06-24-2019, 04:25 PM
The update is tomorrow, manAh yea I forgot that it has to be tomorrow.

synfullmagic_23110
06-24-2019, 04:27 PM
I thought the update happened last week
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190624/c596764ea5a3853dbf0365470e17dc1d.jpg

xzLegendszx
06-24-2019, 04:28 PM
Yes but this update will be tomorrow for sure.

cryboi
06-24-2019, 04:31 PM
Yes but this update will be tomorrow for sure.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Random mage
06-25-2019, 02:12 PM
Non class specific items are a must!

SAVAGEXWHOX
06-28-2019, 05:09 PM
Are they going to be class specific 🧐 would really love to try the different weapons on my character

Trajectory
07-12-2019, 09:25 AM
Non class specific items are a must!

I think it’ll be better if the weapons are class specific for PVP players

cryboi
07-12-2019, 09:42 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI agree.

Fwend
07-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Class specific weapons have always been a talking point.

On one hand classic pvpers primarily living in USA with a ping below 30, feel it makes the fight more fair.

What they do not consider is other players with ping over 250+ do in fact need sets to be non class specific to try different builds to sustain a longer life and more health and armor in order to survive and compete in pvp.

As a pure farmer myself I prefer the option to choose any type of set to farm with, as a ursan bear class farming with a ranged weapon is more effective than using a sword.

Give players the option to choose what builds and types of sets they prefer. It makes the game more interesting.

Non class specific weapons please.

Trajectory
07-12-2019, 01:17 PM

On one hand classic pvpers primarily living in USA with a ping below 30, feel it makes the fight more fair.

What they do not consider is other players with ping over 250+ do in fact need sets to be non class specific to try different builds to sustain a longer life and more health and armor in order to survive and compete in pvp.

As a pure farmer myself I prefer the option to choose any type of set to farm with, as a ursan bear class farming with a ranged weapon is more effective than using a sword.

Give players the option to choose what builds and types of sets they prefer. It makes the game more interesting.

Good Point , However people who are farming Could use l100 Pure stat weapons With a tinsel (How it is now) And they Are still pretty strong

In PVP we have some pvpers who will use dex sets to make themselves more op , for example dex mages Will be Op against a bird and they can’t do anything to counter it , If items were class specific it will keep it int mage vs dex bird Where more skill is required to win and makes pvp more fun

Fwend
07-12-2019, 01:40 PM
I honestly would prefer to use the cap set for farming. It is much more stronger in every way, from health, damage, armor, damage per second and the new procs will add to the enjoyment.

We do not know if Tinsel will have any bonus effects in the new Isle of the Black Dragon campaign.

Understanding that the history of expansions within the first month the new cap, it is all about grinding, Plat elixirs do help.

After a settling period sts will introduce a Plat map to level up more efficiently if you pay to win.

And furthermore a brand new pet might be introduced to help ease the difficulty of the new campaign.

The option to farm using a set two campaigns lower (Level 100 stat gun) with the Tinsel Pet (we do not know if the bonuses are effective) is really not a option I want to consider. Defeats the purpose of having new shiny sets which I don't even use to farm with? What is the point?

Random mage
07-13-2019, 01:58 AM

This could not have been said any more perfect!!! Not to mention what about op sets? For example with the current meta bows vs str sets. How exactly is this fair? It's not. It would be a terrible decision to stick a specific class with a set they are stuck using because the can't use a different set due to the fact that the items are class specific.

Thank you!

Random mage
07-13-2019, 02:08 AM

Remember blaster/talon? How broken it was until everyone could use it? Then the people started crying cause those with dex sets started getting rushed back by those who were rushed.