PDA

View Full Version : Hot to become aoa

yoyowassup
12-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Am yoyowassssup level65 bear and yoyowassup level 10twink mage how to be aoa?who i should ask

RedRyder
12-15-2011, 12:06 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45177-How-long-does-it-take-to-be-a-AOA-(-ambassadors-of-alttera-)

Lowlyspy
12-15-2011, 12:09 AM
First of all, there is nothing wrong with expressing interest in the group. If AoA sounds like something you'd like to do, that's awesome! No reason to hold it back, I want to hear from everyone who is interested so I can keep tabs on them later. What you should not expect, however, is to get in instantly. It might take a very long time. The reason the current Ambassadors were selected is because they have a long history of helping out new players just because. Saying you want to get in and then help out for a week does not qualify.

This isn't to say "You aren't good enough" or anything like that at all. The group was meant to reward those who already do these things because that is how they are. It is not for everyone, and that is OK. We even had one Ambassador leave the group because he felt like he didn't want to spend that much time helping new players. I have a lot of respect for that.

As far as getting in, right now everything is being done through recommendations. And contrary to what Apollo had to say, it isn't just making friends with all of the Ambassadors and putting on your help face. The Ambassadors are experienced players who can easily spot the difference between a faker and a true Ambassador. At the end of the day, just help out new players and be a presence in the community. Eventually you'll be recognized for your efforts.

We will eventually be opening up applications, so the process may change a bit - but we're still going to rely strongly on the judgement of our Ambassadors.
I know a lot of people are gonna hate me for saying this but Im honestly getting irritated over all these "how do I get AoA?" threads, next time you want to know something use the search function before you make the thread cuz odds are the thread has already been made and the problem addressed.

EDIT: wow I sounded rude in that, sorry bout that. Im usually such a cheery guy lol. Welcome to the boards btw :)

Zeus
12-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Hey buddy!

I appreciate your incentive in the program. I just wanted to point out to you, if you are becoming AoA for a vanity hat, they are no longer distributed. However, if you're still interested, simply be helpful in game, helping out other new players! The AoA will eventually notice you and recommend you. Also, keep in touch with Pandar, the head of the AoA program. Also, try to be active both in forums and in game, because you can obviously be helpful in both places, right? And remember, if you're being helpful, try not to lose your cool. It's best if you offer advice that is calm and sincere rather than advice that is bitter. I know it can be tough, but as long as you're helpful and genuine as well as get noticed by AoA members in a positive way, you have a good chance of getting in.

Good Luck! :)

Cheers,

~Parth

Whirlzap
12-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Lol everyone gets the itches when one makes an AoA thread.

lv65 mage can i pls be in aoa too?:D

yoyowassup
12-15-2011, 04:05 AM
then?

NECROREAPER
12-15-2011, 04:11 AM
Then what?

Ebalere
12-15-2011, 12:21 PM
The reason the current Ambassadors were selected is because they have a long history of helping out new players just because.

Am I crazy or did they not just choose people in the beginning based on who applied? Because I know of an AoA who has only been playing for just over a month and as far as I've seen, failed to answer two basic questions correctly new players have had on forums. Hardly an "experienced" player, IMO, and I wouldn't call a month of game time a "long history" of anything.

Not a flame or anything just an observation. *lurks back to SL forums*

adidaman
12-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Ebalere is correct. It seems many of the AoAs simply asked to become one earlier than everyone else, so they got the spot. Obviously that's not the case with all of them

CrimsonTider
12-15-2011, 01:06 PM
My selection was a total surprise. As with my GoA, I never asked nor wanted.

I may be to old to use this quote but it holds meaning:

"Good things come to those who wait."

Lowlyspy
12-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Am I crazy or did they not just choose people in the beginning based on who applied? Because I know of an AoA who has only been playing for just over a month and as far as I've seen, failed to answer two basic questions correctly new players have had on forums. Hardly an "experienced" player, IMO, and I wouldn't call a month of game time a "long history" of anything.

Not a flame or anything just an observation. *lurks back to SL forums*
No you aren't crazy, I can name quite a few that got chosen on the first batch just for asking, I would assume because they saw AoA as a way to meet more experienced players and learn things themselves. However, every current AoA (to my knowledge) didn't join strictly for the title. From what I have seen they are all helping to the best of their abilities even when they aren't on their AoA toons, much like PIF does.

I do agree that one month of play does not an experience player make, that is why we are currently focusing on adding much more experienced members of the community (ex. Otukura, jaytb, Apocolypze), we certainly wouldn't want incorrect info to be given.