PDA

View Full Version : Pinks ARE plentiful, but not in Fang???

Bronxman2012
12-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Hello, all:

Last night, I helped some of the newer players in The Lost Expedition. In the time I was there, for each of the five dungeons, I acquired six pinks and two purples. I gave all of these away to the other players.

Then, I return back to Fang, completed all six dungeons, and yet, not one pink or purple. How can this be? How can pinks be so plentiful in one campaign but not the other? Also, none of the other players with whom I played received any pinks or purples. Do pinks and purples drop less frequently in the higher campaigns?

Ellyidol
12-15-2011, 03:01 PM
The rarity of pinks vary throughout the different campaigns. In maps like LE or Skeller, you have pinks that are anything but really Legendary. However, as you get towards the later campaigns, the "premium" pinks are actually really rare.

Something STS has been changing throughout the different campaigns I guess.

Zapoke
12-15-2011, 03:07 PM
The drop rates for each item is different. In the lower dungeons, the pink items aren't OP, like the end game items are. Since the end level items are the best in the game, they are expensive, right? And another thing that has them increase is STS's attempt to make the game's length longer. People will farm until they have the best set, which shouldn't be easy to get.
For whatever reason, the pinks in LE dropped easily, the second easiest only to AO 1, 2 and 3. However, these pinks are "Trash Pinks," because the Frozen Nightmare items are much better. They drop about the same rate, but the dungeon is much harder. Another thing may be that it's not that the drop rate is so much lower, but the difficulty is much higher, and boss kills don't come as quickly.

Bronxman2012
12-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Excellent points, all. Thanks again for your profound insights.

WhoIsThis
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
As a general rule difficulty increases with level, with the exception of some elite levels like Frozen Nightmare.

Prices for pinks is also highest at cap. I believe the current most expensive item is the crafted sanguine longbow, which sells for around 3 million.

Lorddeathz
12-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Honestly guys I think the pink drop rate in fang is way to low thy decreased the rates even for green items like seriously? to even get one u need a luck elixer but thy wont increase sum drop rates ovr others so its a waste..

WhoIsThis
12-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Honestly guys I think the pink drop rate in fang is way to low thy decreased the rates even for green items like seriously? to even get one u need a luck elixer but thy wont increase sum drop rates ovr others so its a waste..

Pink drop in fang is fine IMO. It's not nearly as hard as demonic was to complete the crafted sets.