PDA

View Full Version : New Content Important Survival Info

Kahlua
12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Just gonna get this up quick. Will make it more formal later:

Things I found running with my Pwnies:

1.) Red mines on floor are similar to bouncing betty mines. Walking over them triggers, but they do not explode right away. They instead rise up from the ground and spin shooting out electricity. They are a one hit kill. Run if you see one rise up in the air

2.) Operatives DO NOT TRIGGER the Betty mines. Tested this a few times. Commandos and Engineers both trigger the mines. Operatives do not, making them crucial for opening those chests blocked by bettys.
- UPDATE - Directly from the mouth of Sir Flip, "Operatives can disarm mines

3.) Starting right on the first map there are sniper Scorn enemies. They have jet packs, are in red and yellow armor, and have a long rifle looking gun. If they target you and you see red crosshairs pop up over your character, you've been targeted, and you will die from one shot. So far, no method of dodging has been found. Immediately kill these mobs, or atleast keep them stunned, knocked down.
- UPDATE - You can avoid being killed by a sniper by constantly moving. I've found circling to work very well. Just keep the crosshairs off you.

4.) The energy beam gated doors will kill you if you touch them. Either have an engineer turn them off through a terminal, use the main terminals if it's part of the primary path, or just ignore them.

5.) There are scorn enemies who throw grenades. Thank you Kakatao91 and Flashbackflip for this info:
-
Here's updated info on RED enemies with grenades:

1) it doesn't matter if scorns r jetpacked or not.. Important is what weapon they use.

2) every type of red scorn has two types of grenades:

2.1) the guys with PISTOLS have orange and purple ones

ORANGE adhensive-to-you grenades that knock down you and those around you, so if you notice being hit with this grenade - better get away of your team or ALL of u will b knocked down

PURPLE one that makes a toxic cloud which damages continously

2.2) the guys with RIFLES have blue and red grenades

BLUE one that stuns for 3 sec

RED one that damages area

Post things you find here and I'll add them to the list. Please try to verify it's true before posting it too :p Also, this isn't for bugs/glitches...already found some of those lol

Kanozaki
12-15-2011, 04:03 PM
whoa seems intense

Kahlua
12-15-2011, 04:04 PM
I've died like 10 times already...which is about 25% of the deaths I had previously lol.

longsteak
12-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Actually if you move around enough those snipers wont be able to keep a target on you. They just stop targeting for a second and then try again. Just keep moving and you will be fine.

Killerade
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
dam is everyone in the pwnies online? im stuck at work lol

krazii
12-15-2011, 05:13 PM
And watch out for the bombs from above, they come down and shoot purple goo everywhere, which causes a bleeding condition (dot) it you, heal or die.

Ihavenokills
12-15-2011, 06:26 PM
sounds like this map might end my 0/0 KD streak :/

bronislav84
12-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for this Kahlua.

Kahlua
12-15-2011, 06:49 PM
sounds like this map might end my 0/0 KD streak :/
Hate to say it...but I don't think you're going to fair well here lol
A lot of traps are instant kills at this point. And you can just pushed into the land mines very easily.
I'll keep you alive though :D

Updated original post with new info.

XxReiReixX
12-15-2011, 09:19 PM
lol too intense eh?

Vladrac
12-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Sniper Scorn with the crosshairs are on the first and second level as well. The crosshairs will stop moving after about 5 seconds and youth red. Soon after, the impact occurs around the red crosshair.

Anyone know exactly what the Protection Shield does? I've seen the melee scorn summon them but I haven't noticed an obvious effect.

Levels 1 and 2 are easily soloable if you are an Engineer. Use your stuns wisely! I haven't attempted with Com or Op yet.

Deathsminion
12-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Also i would like to add checkpoints are now included. Obviously the maps are long so verY helpfully there are checkpoints throughout the map would be cool if someone could find out exactly where.... The best is on final boss you can respawn ithe room with the boss in. :) (final boss is easy)

flashbackflip
12-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Thank you, Kahlua, for starting this thread!

I'd like to add that red scorns throw grenades sometimes - little white-blue ones with electric sparkles. You can spot them when 1-1, but when massively played they just get lost in fireworks.

So, the advise is same as usual - watch out and keep moving - Go-Go-GO!

Blind
12-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Nice thread, and yeah i had 215 deaths before update, now it's 280+. Poor ihavenokills, i guess this is the end for u mate.

Kahlua
12-16-2011, 06:24 AM

I'd like to add that red scorns throw grenades sometimes - little white-blue ones with electric sparkles. You can spot them when 1-1, but when massively played they just get lost in fireworks.

Ive seen the grenades, but never took note as to what they did. Any idea on their effect?

flashbackflip
12-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Not absolutely shure, but it seems they kill as instantly as mines..

Made only one full zone run with a bunch of coms (which means we had lots of fireworks)) and had to run to work.. I will rerun soon (oh i so hope.. Lol) and update the info

Kakatoa91
12-16-2011, 07:18 PM

Ive seen the grenades, but never took note as to what they did. Any idea on their effect?

Its some kind of flash stun grenade.
U get area stun no moves ~3sec, only autoshot keep on going.
U or any team mate in the zone r a sitting duck for the snipers or any other ennemies.
Theres a distinctive sound when its about to explode.

flashbackflip
12-17-2011, 10:00 AM

Okey guys now im 40 and know all about those scorns and their grenades and stuff. Here we go:

Grenades are thrown by two types of enemies - both are RED

red scorns with JETPACKS throw orange grenades - they adhense to you from behind and knock you down doing not very much dmg

red scorns without jetpacks throw blue granades which are stun grenades - being affected by them in area of explosion you can not move for several seconds

Kahlua, it would b nice if you update your initial post with comments info! Thanx again. Peace

Kahlua
12-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Okey guys now im 40 and know all about those scorns and their grenades and stuff. Here we go:

Grenades are thrown by two types of enemies - both are RED

red scorns with JETPACKS throw orange grenades - they adhense to you from behind and knock you down doing not very much dmg

red scorns without jetpacks throw blue granades which are stun grenades - being affected by them in area of explosion you can not move for several seconds

Kahlua, it would b nice if you update your initial post with comments info! Thanx again. Peace

I have been updating it :p
Thanks for the info :D

flashbackflip
12-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi friends! I guess i boasted about knowing everything a bit early.. Lol..

Now i've done a couple of solos

Here's updated info on RED enemies with grenades:

1) it doesn't matter if scorns r jetpacked or not.. Important is what weapon they use.

2) every type of red scorn has two types of grenades:

2.1) the guys with PISTOLS have orange and purple ones

ORANGE adhensive-to-you grenades that knock down you and those around you, so if you notice being hit with this grenade - better get away of your team or ALL of u will b knocked down

PURPLE one that makes a toxic cloud which damages continously

2.2) the guys with RIFLES have blue and red grenades

BLUE one that stuns for 3 sec

RED one that damages area

Thank you for updating, Kahlua! Good luck everybody!

Kahlua
12-18-2011, 06:31 PM
shameless bump. Lets keep this updated and at the top...people need to know these things! :D

flashbackflip
12-19-2011, 09:11 AM
shameless bump :D

Lol, Kahlua, jedi should not have such emotions as shame or fear or anger.. They all are ways to the DarkSide. I'm not ashamed to correct my own mistakes if i find them. Everyone has the right to be mistaken! But not everyone has guts to state this.. In fact, i was editing the upper post twice.. Lol

Thank you for updating!

Kahlua
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Lol, Kahlua, jedi should not have such emotions as shame or fear or anger.. They all are ways to the DarkSide. I'm not ashamed to correct my own mistakes if i find them. Everyone has the right to be mistaken! But not everyone has guts to state this.. In fact, i was editing the upper post twice.. Lol

Thank you for updating!
Lol shameless means I have no shame :p