PDA

View Full Version : Next Campaign Item Ideas + Reg's Thoughts on PvP

Register
12-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Ok, Im ready to settle in and write a nice, neat, formal, and awesome, one paragraph suggestion.

Ideas Covered
-Recycling of Campaings
-Two Sets Per Cap
-Hightened Stats for NonPinks
-Item Stat Changes
-Originality

Obviously, many players of Pocket Legends are frustrated because STS has seemed to have lost creativity in their new campaigns.
For example:

Nuri Hallows is a partial rip of the basic Forest Haven. New (and may I say, cool) things added were the lightning effects, music theme, interactive environment (Radios) and "skills" for mobs.

Mount Fang. At first, when I was trying to complete the first level, I thought every level was going to be recycled levels of Dark Forest with stronger mobs and a new boss. I was wrong! It was actually a partial rip of Balefort Castle! Same thing as before...But the coolest thing of this campaign was the hovering skulls. Not only was it a neat mob, but it has a small story (kinda). Something it seems not many people know is that when you kill a nearby mage, the skulls it summoned will die, giving you the exp! I personally think that it a very cool feature of Fang.

Not to mention the recycling of items below the rarity of purple.

Now, what does this have to do with PvP? Absolutely nothing!

All items I use as a demonstration at this point is intented only as a demonstration. I will use some items to represent newer items in the future. I am not suggesting this for the current campaign (Mt.Fang) but for the new campaign, after Fang.

Instead of having just one pink "set" at the level cap, wouldn't it be cool if there were two? Spacetime Studios has already done most of it, anyways! There is an Orlok Shield (Which makes up a set) and there is a Regal Shield of The Dead (Doesnt make a set) All that needs to be done is change the stats a little, on the two and maybe add a set bonus for regal shield.

I hear some people complaining because some sets don't cater to the PvP needs of the classes.

For example:
Bear has little need for M/S because most skills use low mana

But whats the point if everybody could just get to the level cap, buy the new gear, and have stats perfect for PvP? What my suggestion would do would give players the ability to have differing gear. New items would not have perfect stats. In fact, nothing near perfect stats. So people would have to find items that give a nice mix of stats, that work for them.

Hey!
Everybody is still using pinks!

Which is why non pink items (recycled or not) would have higher stats, somewhat competive to the pinks/purples. So the mix of items would require pinks, and lower.

Another thing, dont have every "set" focus on one stat, or have the same stat every time.

For example,

Every piece of Glyph equipement has the same amount of Dodge

Please do not do that. Maybe give one piece a little more than another, just like armor. A platemail has more armor, why not give it a little more dodge than a helmet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

So that brings me back to the original question in bold at the start of the post.

Obviously, many players of Pocket Legends are frustrated because STS has seemed to have lost creativity in their new campaigns.

With the addition of any of these suggestions, originality would be shown in both Spacetime Studios and the players. No longer will players all use full Orlok or Lilith!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ideas Covered
-Recycling of Campaings- Just saying whats similar with the campaigns
-Two Sets Per Cap- Two sets per cap, for different setups in PvP
-Hightened Stats for NonPinks- More Originality in gear setups in PvP
-Item Stat Changes- A Platemail has more armor than a helmet...But same Dodge?
-Originality- Explains bold statement above

I am NOT trying to be rude when I said anything above, just showing some opinion, and I hope you can do the same, in a peaceful manner. No flaming please.

Thanks for reading,
Reg

MightyMicah
12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Interesting point of view.

Register
12-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Interesting point of view.

Doh! I forgot to put in my thoughts on PvP! Doing it now :D