PDA

View Full Version : The winter festival event

Ihavenokills
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
I know its only 2 plat and it sounds kind of cheap for me to say so but... is it worth it? are the levels difficult or is it based for lower levels?

Ikillu
12-15-2011, 11:22 PM
it is 2 plat, but with the two plat you can only kill the toy man once and get one holiday item per 2 plat so not worth it in my opinion unless you don't have a christmas budget like most of us

MightyMicah
12-15-2011, 11:26 PM
In each place you do a quest.

1. For the snowflake wings
2. For the christmas tree hat

Basically you are paying 2 plat for each vanity. Imo its totally worth it!

Ihavenokills
12-15-2011, 11:45 PM
as in a pink christmas item drop? or a vanity item?

SUPAPRODIGY
12-15-2011, 11:47 PM
not worth because you have to keep rebuying like i bought it and left as soon as i bought it didnt even started n i had to rebuy i was like what ripoff

Ikillu
12-15-2011, 11:47 PM
snowflake wings, tree hat, and antlers are the only free items right now. takes 2 plat to gamble on a christmas pink or purp when most of the time its green and is still 2 plat

Ihavenokills
12-15-2011, 11:49 PM
what about the difficulty? is it easy to get through it under the required time or is it close?

Ikillu
12-15-2011, 11:50 PM
its not easy alone, but if you have a full team and perhaps an elixir or two it can be done pretty quickly

Piosidon
12-15-2011, 11:52 PM
You would only need help on bosses. Rest are kinda easy

Ihavenokills
12-15-2011, 11:52 PM
theres no games with anyone -_- so i guess thats not gonna happen

Ikillu
12-15-2011, 11:54 PM
there are games, you just cant join unless you buy another access. im not made of money like some people so thats why i quit pl today after this pay per instance thing

blurryeyes
12-16-2011, 12:01 AM
how come u guys takking about PL, this is SL

Ikillu
12-16-2011, 12:02 AM
idk i think we might be lost lol

blurryeyes
12-16-2011, 12:02 AM
how many quest in SL then?

MightyMicah
12-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Uhh let me restate. There is no "gamble" involved. You go to the first level and theres a quest at the very beginning. If you save the elves and return to the quest person you get snowflake wings. You can keep reintering the levels UNLESS:
1. you kill the boss (lvl 1 has no boss)
2. You leave the pl app
3. Your time runs out

Same idea with the second level, no gamble involved. You kill the toy man to complete a quest which gives you the christmas tree vanity helm.

Unless you are farming pinks its quite cheap. If you are not farming pinks, farm elsewhere, save up your gold, and buy the pinks you want!

I have no problem with this except for the conscept itself. I hate the whole "pay to play" crap. In this instance I don't care.

Edit: that was my fault I was referring to PL. My bad Im on itouch so I cant see category :(

Anishavie
12-16-2011, 04:58 AM
Grrrr u made me waste 2plat for snowflake wings. Grrrrrr :(

Arterra
12-16-2011, 04:59 AM
it is 2 plat, but with the two plat you can only kill the toy man once and get one holiday item per 2 plat so not worth it in my opinion unless you don't have a christmas budget like most of us

O.o
i think the 20 plat half month long deal was better

MightyMicah
12-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Sorry :,(

BodMaster
12-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Think you joined through new posts, this is the SL thread. So far I've run it twice, the pinks are ranging from 20-80k sl you may get luck, I had one pink the lower end, and a green 40 gun. Other than that ive seen all kinds of Vanity from this level. It seems to be scaled, so depending what lvl you are the easier or harder it is. With a full team (that join pretty much instantly) you shouldnt even die, and the boss is a tank n spank which is easily enough. (We did it with 3 ppl)

Just all depends how much you have to the cred or vanity you are looking to get.

Fac3bon3s
12-16-2011, 10:01 AM
In each place you do a quest.

1. For the snowflake wings
2. For the christmas tree hat

Basically you are paying 2 plat for each vanity. Imo its totally worth it!

Ok what? Where do you get the quests?

Nevermind read the rest of the thread. This cross game information is becoming irritating. STS fix this issue when accessing forums through a mobile device.

Easy fix. Threads for SL have a blue dot next to them. PL has a yellow or orange dot.

BodMaster
12-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Ok what? Where do you get the quests?

Read my post above, he got mixed up with PL thread, from new posts.

Ihavenokills
12-16-2011, 11:23 AM
lol well ive played the event and its okay. STS was extremely smart with the way they did it. its pretty much gambling and since gambling is addicting to alot of people you end up spending a fortune even thought its 2 plat. well done sts well done ;)

Snakespeare
12-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Yes it is worth it. If they sold the vanities for plat, or the pinks, how much would you be willing to pay? I spend 8 plat, made four runs, got a pink. I also got a top hat vanity quest reward. Plus 3 level 40 green items. The pink I got is listing 20-30K. I saw a vanity drop and that is listing for 700K!!! that's credits, not gold. I am talking about SL. If it is truly a 25% drop rate for pinks, then YES it is worth it, don't you think?

BodMaster
12-16-2011, 01:38 PM
lol well ive played the event and its okay. STS was extremely smart with the way they did it. its pretty much gambling and since gambling is addicting to alot of people you end up spending a fortune even thought its 2 plat. well done sts well done ;)

But they could never call it gambling since its a ban :p

Yes it is worth it. If they sold the vanities for plat, or the pinks, how much would you be willing to pay? I spend 8 plat, made four runs, got a pink. I also got a top hat vanity quest reward. Plus 3 level 40 green items. The pink I got is listing 20-30K. I saw a vanity drop and that is listing for 700K!!! that's credits, not gold. I am talking about SL. If it is truly a 25% drop rate for pinks, then YES it is worth it, don't you think?

Agreed, did that happen to be the mistletoe?

Kakatoa91
12-17-2011, 04:38 AM
8 times and nothing lol... only greenies.
I guess I wont even try with my low twinks. Its cheaper to buy the junk pink from cs sadely atm. :mad:

ninjaduck
12-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Is it more likely that a vanity drops on a higher level? thanks :)

Riccits
12-17-2011, 07:09 AM
i spend like 300 plat and made like 3-4mil. so for me was worth it.

kn0wsk1ll
12-18-2011, 09:09 AM
do vanity's drop only when you kill boss? or do they drop from the chest and mobs too? yes star legends. i did one run with miners luck and got a shield :/ so then i started doin runs without killing boss to see if mobs or chest drop anything, but no luck yet. i have about 10 min remaining on my luck enhancer and want to find out if im wasting it by not killing boss.

LelouchX
12-20-2011, 12:58 PM
do vanity's drop only when you kill boss? or do they drop from the chest and mobs too? yes star legends. i did one run with miners luck and got a shield :/ so then i started doin runs without killing boss to see if mobs or chest drop anything, but no luck yet. i have about 10 min remaining on my luck enhancer and want to find out if im wasting it by not killing boss.
luck elixers don't have any effect whatsoever on vanity drops (you can't "reroll" for a vanity), so if that is y you are using it, then it is a waste. the elixer will give u a reroll for gear loot though
Edit: and they drop from EVERYTHING (chest, mobs, boss, anything you can get a drop from can potentially give u a vanity)
Edit: I've also been told that the luck elixers don't effect your chances on the the boss for WF, haven't tested myself as i am spending enough plat on WF without buying a luck lix