PDA

View Full Version : Don't End It Like This

Swimmingstar
12-16-2011, 12:04 AM
This is another thread about all the complaining going on from Nuri's Hallows.
In this thread I will just make a list of suggestions you may want to do. You don't have to see this, but I guess there will be more complaining then.

1. Show the players you ARE listening. Reply to the negative feedback with a good and explained reason. Don't always reuse the same sentence, as when you do, the players get to more rage.
2. Don't lock the complaining threads, delete them. If you don't want to the players to think you are trying to cover things up. PM the author of the thread that it was deleted because there is a feedback section.
3. When you say you're looking into something, actually do it, one post in the feedback thread states how you say we're working on it. But it isn't changed in any way.
4. DON'T say you will delete any rage posts. If you will, just delete it and no one notices.
5. Show to the players you are listening in a better way. Actually make some changes based on the feedback.
6. Don't pretend you are listening. Don't say, we will do this. This was mentioned in another suggestion, but I think this one is slightly different.
7. Show the players it is money well spent. Make new and exciting content. Don't make the plat per run thing happen. People will complain about this.
8. Make more plat store items. Release things like rings and hats. Make them cost plat. Then lower prices of things like the Winter Fest. Nake the ticket permanent. You could probably earn the same amount of money, or even more.
9. Also add new things like mini games or something. They are optional for plat. They don't really benefit you, but are fun.
10. Make campaigns more exciting. Don't make it always flat ground. WE mentioned this. Mt. Fang isn't really a mountain either.

Piosidon
12-16-2011, 12:06 AM
I completely agree with all these points

Swimmingstar
12-16-2011, 03:53 PM
11. This connects a little with the excitement like 10. does. Also make new monsters. Don't make anything that you say is new with a changed name, just create something completely new. Creativity!

Snakespeare
12-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Is it possible we're being impatient? It's a LOT of feedback, after all.

Swimmingstar
12-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Is it possible we're being impatient? It's a LOT of feedback, after all.

I guess.

SUPAPRODIGY
12-16-2011, 05:12 PM
i agree u say something on a thread and BAM your either infracted banned or your post gets deleted ..

WhoIsThis
12-16-2011, 11:44 PM
I'd have to disagree with the deleting part.

It's best if they were visible - covering things up for everyone solves nothing and ticks off the OP. Locking is the lesser evil here, I'm afraid.

Second, constructive criticism should never be locked nor deleted.

Southriver
12-17-2011, 12:23 AM
I bet you tomorrow this thread will be locked.......

Pandar
12-17-2011, 12:32 AM
The reason why recent threads have been locked regarding the holiday content is that all the feedback is being consolidated on one thread. For this thread's case, it is more of a general discussion (and thank you for remaining respectful and constructive) and thus no need to lock as it isn't appropriate for the other thread.

@Snakespeare is correct. There is a lot of feedback coming in right now and it may take a minute to process all of it. Also keep in mind that this is right before the holidays, and development changes don't happen overnight.

Swimmingstar
12-17-2011, 01:19 PM
I'd have to disagree with the deleting part.

It's best if they were visible - covering things up for everyone solves nothing and ticks off the OP. Locking is the lesser evil here, I'm afraid.

Second, constructive criticism should never be locked nor deleted.

Well instead. They could just leave the constructive criticism there. It would be bad for players to see STS is covering things up.

Zeus
12-17-2011, 01:26 PM
The reason why recent threads have been locked regarding the holiday content is that all the feedback is being consolidated on one thread. For this thread's case, it is more of a general discussion (and thank you for remaining respectful and constructive) and thus no need to lock as it isn't appropriate for the other thread.

@Snakespeare is correct. There is a lot of feedback coming in right now and it may take a minute to process all of it. Also keep in mind that this is right before the holidays, and development changes don't happen overnight.

Pandar, I understand that.

The point is, it's entirely rude for a CEO/Company, JustG, to tell their customers, the following statements:

We don't want people to buy plat all the time (well, we do but we don't think that is realistic).

We are running a business. We have given you a game that you can play all day, every day, for free. We have to make money somehow or we won't be able to provide this service for you.

The Holiday Content is elective. It is extra stuff. You can earn plat through TapJoy if you don't want to buy it, but it costs us money to run the game, and we have to make money to continue to do so.

You can play all the way up to the cap for free. Just last month we gave you Mt. Fang for free. This holiday content is completely elective.

There is a way to earn plat in the game if you don't want to purchase it. We hope you will want to play the Winter Festival, but we understand if you don't.

We still wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

We understand that you guys are a business. What is insulting is, that the majority of the community members here BOUGHT the Main spine before it was free. Then, the CEO uses it as a justifiable excuse that we are "complaining too much". That or the fact the the company itself tells us that they need to make money. You don't think we get that? That's insulting to our intelligence.

Christmas Spirit was something I thought everybody possessed. I'm not Christian, yet I still go around and spread the joy. The new paid per instance? If my friends are platinum low and I have a double pink that I farmed from the holiday campaign, I give it to them. Why? I don't want them wasting their platinum or being forced to buy it.

We DO NOT want the generic PR rep statement you guys provide on every thread. It's just that, generic. It's not heartfelt at all and is just a slap in the face to your loyal customers.

Please, take a look at the loyal customers who are leaving your game. Surely we cannot all be doing something wrong. I thought customer loyalty was a big thing in businesses.

There is one more quote I'd give as an example, but it's in a locked thread.

Swimmingstar
12-17-2011, 01:32 PM
*Sigh* So many people that were fun to play with are leaving. But it's still cool to see at least 1 or 2 people that I played with in forest haven and that I remember.

mackjack
12-17-2011, 01:48 PM
STS has made it perfectly clear where they are coming from.

From the WF feedback thread: making money is our first priority
From noobmigo's locked thread: don't like it? Feel free to leave anytime

Kinda explains why our complains aren't being addressed, doesn't it?

Post deletion will commence in 3...2...1...

Zeus
12-17-2011, 01:50 PM
STS has made it perfectly clear where they are coming from.

From the WF feedback thread: making money is our first priority
From noobmigo's locked thread: don't like it? Feel free to leave anytime

Kinda explains why our complains aren't being addressed, doesn't it?

Post deletion will commence in 3...2...1...

This. JustG is viewing the thread as well... so. Love the way you guys treat your loyal customers! :)

Swimmingstar
12-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Still not locked. They listening yet?

Deadsoldiers
12-18-2011, 10:16 PM
What you think they are just ignoring right now just few in here so not important to lock. But them there comes the big lock when more people get interested. For example to show that they are listening they could make a system announcement where they say sorry for all this or just tell the players they are listening, that would already help. I think only dev/moderator taking this seriously is sam

Swimmingstar
12-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Well they haven't locked the feedback thread so they could still argue to your point.

aniybo
04-29-2012, 07:07 PM
only thing i want is a winter fest place where u can farm xmas items only next christmas!

Actionhank
04-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Saying StS is avoiding/ignoring community feedback would be lying. No one here knows what it's like in a dev/mods shoes they have life's too and they have to control 3 games. Also if one person wants this in this dungeon someone else won't so they also have to decide if it's in the games best interest.

imxoriginal
04-30-2012, 05:13 PM
This was exactly why i quit before, i began to realize all of these ridiculous things. I recently came back and have been playing the game since forest haven. I remember almost everyone. As soon as balefort sewers came out, i just left i had enough of all of it. But now i enjoy this game again. But it's kind of stupid how many of my old friends who played since the release have either been banned for stupid things or just quit.

Noodleleg
05-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Urgh if you hate this game, don't play... I like it, though at times I wish I didn't have to spend ANY money on platinum... Like Justg said, think realistically... Yes, I'd like it if everything was free, but hey... Think REALISTICALLY... What would you do in that scenario?

Swimmingstar
05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Urgh if you hate this game, don't play... I like it, though at times I wish I didn't have to spend ANY money on platinum... Like Justg said, think realistically... Yes, I'd like it if everything was free, but hey... Think REALISTICALLY... What would you do in that scenario?

Notice the post dates. Everyone loves PL.

Noodleleg
05-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Omg...lol sorry swim! Way to bring it back, Aniybo!

CodyBearr
05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
This is the main problem with nuri's (SEE PICTURE), it's all because drop rate (pinks & crafting steels)

I try everyday to farm there & join or make teams, thing is there are none to join, no one wants to make teams and when you finally do make a team (a ok or great team) you get hours of farming and hard work with no pinks... Just look at the prices in cs now, seriously

PS I saw the date but don't want the topic to go away hehe

Noodleleg
05-02-2012, 10:58 PM
^

Why I didn't level at Nuri's when I made my 61 bird...