PDA

View Full Version : Proof that luck elixers arent needed to get lucky.

Lowlyspy
12-16-2011, 03:25 AM
So I decided to blow 4 plat to get my vanities from the WF campaign. I made locked games and ran them alone. My first run I did Winter Village to get my snowflake wings (OMG I love them so) and I figured eh why not kill the boss, heck I might get lucky.

So I killed the snowmen without much trouble and freed my last elf. Knowing that my vanity quest was accomplished I proceded beat the snot out of The Killjoy. Tbh I was expecting a green and hoping for a purp to save me some gold in the long run. Finally The Killjoy fell to my toywand and to my surprise I had looted a Winter Fest Runner Sled, no daily elixer, no luck elixer, no big luck. This item has now replaced my merry festivel ornament (thank you sts for making level 10 WF items not have a stat requirement.)

No I do not have a screenie because I am on an unrooted android device but I have not given anyone on these forums a reason to doubt my honor, if you choose to not believe my lucky drop then that is your problem. I just figured I would let everyone out there know that it is still possible to get good drops without using the false power of an elixer.

That is all.

MightyMicah
12-16-2011, 03:53 AM
I see where you're coming from but I wouldn't say that's "proof." most would say you got extremely lucky and I would tend to agree with them. If you check cs for holiday pinks, theres alot but not too many...

MrGoober
12-16-2011, 04:06 AM
I see where you're coming from but I wouldn't say that's "proof." most would say you got extremely lucky and I would tend to agree with them. If you check cs for holiday pinks, theres alot but not too many...
I've done A LOT of runs today and have 19 pinks & 25 purples. Seems the drop rate is pretty high for WF. has been for me anyways.

Imsebastiaanl
12-16-2011, 09:22 AM
About WF, I bought it for 5 hours, they were both away in 3 mins :(

Engelhard
12-16-2011, 09:43 AM
About WF, I bought it for 5 hours, they were both away in 3 mins :(
Time ends after you kill a winter boss. <(^_^)>v

Deadsoldiers
12-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I think lowlyspy is right to be honest i am not one of the lucky persons, i didnt got much good drops (expect from yesterday) but i think you dont need an elixir (of course it helps you a lot) to have luck and if i understood right he is just saying that its not required but hes not saying that it is worse or its same to farm with the elixir. I think if is completely right. Deadsoldiers

Lowlyspy
12-16-2011, 10:34 AM
I think lowlyspy is right to be honest i am not one of the lucky persons, i didnt got much good drops (expect from yesterday) but i think you dont need an elixir (of course it helps you a lot) to have luck and if i understood right he is just saying that its not required but hes not saying that it is worse or its same to farm with the elixir. I think if is completely right. Deadsoldiers
Thank you for actually reading the whole thing. That is exactly what I am saying, it may not be as easy without an elixer but you can still get a lucky drop regardless (i dont mean the "getting lucky" announcement from the elixer.)

Elyseon
12-16-2011, 10:43 AM
So I decided I would get 1 winter pink. after 5 runs of 3 greens and 2 purples I decided PL doesn't love me so I grabbed a 100% reroll elix figuring it might actually save me money. But it still too me 7 more runs to get a pink. That would be 6 greens in a row if I were unelixed. I hate my life

KTpantyhose
12-16-2011, 10:50 AM
how do we lock the games and etc?

Urqui
12-16-2011, 10:57 AM
@KTpantyhose
You host like any other map
Go to host game & the WF maps are to the left of Forest Haven Map:)

Lowlyspy
12-16-2011, 11:03 AM
So I decided I would get 1 winter pink. after 5 runs of 3 greens and 2 purples I decided PL doesn't love me so I grabbed a 100% reroll elix figuring it might actually save me money. But it still too me 7 more runs to get a pink. That would be 6 greens in a row if I were unelixed. I hate my life
Sorry to hear bud. Thats exactly why I limited myself to 2 runs until they do something about the 2 plat thing, I knew that getting lucky again was highly unlikely and the only reason I did the runs in the first place was for my vanities, the sled was just icing on the cake.

MightyMicah
12-16-2011, 11:05 AM
From what I've seen Lowly is correct. Pinks are beginning to drop like hotcakes. Prices are dropping and pinks are filling cs...and Im glad!

WhoIsThis
12-16-2011, 01:24 PM
It's all luck of the draw at this point. Just cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Barrington
12-16-2011, 01:54 PM
out of 5 runs I've gotten 3 pinks

Swimmingstar
12-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Wow.

LwMark
12-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Whos the boss in winter fest lol i never seen one.but i only ran once lol an it was over lol