PDA

View Full Version : How did I miss everything?

Likestowatch
07-18-2010, 09:54 PM
I have only been playing for a couple weeks, once every few days. So far I have one toon, an enchantress. Today I made it to level 20. Also today I had someone ask me to revive them, but I told them I don't have that skill. The spell description I have for the Resurrect skill shows some stats (70-30 mana, e.g.) but instead of saying raise your friends instantly, it says get more rank to lower mana cost.

Here I am thinking I was a good little healer and I don't even know how to revive. How could I miss this all the way to level 20? Also, I am reading things here about aggro(?) and now I'm worried I have been trying to heal and/or rev people when enemies are too close, also what does AOE mean??? I can't seem to find this stuff in the sticky posts, wikis... help! I have also looked around in the Enchantress forum but the guide doesn't tell me things like should I not use auto attack as an enchantress? Where can I find this stuff out?

Also, thank you to everyone playing who has been gracious to their fellows even when they are like me and have no idea what they are doing, but are having a really fun time playing this cool game!

Staffed
07-18-2010, 10:01 PM
yeah:) just res only need to put one stat on it and it will resurect you friend right where they died heal heals all friends in area. no effects happen to enemy's

Neurion
07-18-2010, 10:27 PM
First off, definitions. AOE means "Area of Effect (spells)". These are skills you cast that affect not just one target. Heal and Revive are also AOE skills, but most of the time AOE is used to pertain to mass-damaging skills like Lightning and Firestorm.

"Aggro" is short for "aggressive (mobs)". These are enemies engaged to attack you or your partymates. There are several ways to provoke enemies aside from them seeing you. All skills you cast (including auto-attack) generate what they call "Threat". The more threat you give a monster, the more chances they would attack you instead of your partymates. Even Heal generates threat, so as a healer you should always have a good tank to pull enemies away from you.

You also mentioned about not using auto-attack, which is a strategy to keep threat as low as possible. But you are a ranged attacker after all, use it to your advantage. Once an enemy locks on to one of your tanks, you can help speed up the kill with your auto-attack (and with your other offensive skills for that matter).

As for strategies, I think the best way to learn about them is by exposure to different players and different maps. Watch how other players do their stuff, and eventually you will also come up with your own.

Good luck!

Likestowatch
07-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Thank you both! I guess I am not as clueless as I thought because I am usually with groups of 4-5 and we don't have too many problems coordinating. When a large group of enemies converges on the bear and bird guys I will sometimes swoop in and cast weakness, then lightning storm or heal as I swoop out of the fray. Maybe auto-attack is not ideal for that strategy.

I can already tell the game will continue to change as I level anyway and I'll pick up these nuances of the game eventually just by playing. What a relief!

I just didn't realize I could revive and that some people are waiting for that. Is it wasting skill points to put more than one into Resurrect?

There should be a thread: Things I wish I had known before level 20

Neurion
07-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Generally 1 point in Revive would suffice. You dont really need the cheaper mana cost since at high levels you will get really good mana regen gear. Also, there are better skills to spend skillpoints on.