PDA

View Full Version : Imma ragequit *bux!!!

Snakespeare
12-16-2011, 12:48 PM
I have been going to this Starbucks now for 8 years! I spend $4.40 each morning for my scone and decaf. That's $21.20 a week, and over $1,000 a year! And that's not counting all the special extra money I spend.

Sure, they give me free refills, and every few weeks I get a card in the mail for any free beverage (which I always use for the most expensive item they sell!!!), but that does not excuse the recent events.

I have been patient. I have endured a huge amount of change over the years. The most recent changes were very hard to endure, but I stuck it out. Let me tell you, when they go down from FOUR COMFY CHAIRS to two uncomfortable chairs in the back area, it really seems like they don't want me anymore. And the table! OMG!!! They used to have two tables back there, but now there is only one big table. And the walls used to have artwork by locals but now they are covered with advertising!

Yet I endured this, as I endured the various sudden and outlandish price increases.

But what finally did it was the Scrooge Factor.

Yes, yes, I know... Hallmark makes tons of money off Christmas with Trek ornaments and such, but that's different. Hallmark is in the business of fleecing people at Christmas. Starbucks, however, is NOT Hallmark. Their business is coffee! I can not endure this madness I have seen lately there.

Now, the last time I bought a Christmas Mug there, they filled it with a free cup of coffee!!! Is that so much to ask? Every year I buy a new mug and every year the first cup is free! But not anymore!!! And the price went up, too! How can they DO THAT!? They both increased the price of the mug AND they refuse to fill it for free.

So imma ragequit!

I have gathered all my collectible cards... I have really old ones, too, going back ten years... and all my mugs, except maybe the one that changes the picture when you put hot coffee in it... and walk in there and leave it all on a table. I even have free drink postcards that I haven't used yet, but it's the PRINCIPLE OF THE THING! They have scrooged me for the last time, I tell ya.

I'm gonna get all my coffee at Peet's now. I know... they don't fill the new mug for the first time for free either, but I don't care. I intend to make my point with the people who set policy at Starbucks, and this is the best way I know how. When they see that table full of ten years of Starbucks collectibles, and my gold card sitting there in the middle of it, they will know, yes, they will know they messed with the wrong guy!!!

MimeRifle
12-16-2011, 12:53 PM
OMG!!!! I have literally just laughed my butt off! *looks behind* Yup, it's clean OFF - no butt! Thank you for sharing this classic rant!!!! I thought my day was already made, now it's more made-er!!!! +1!

Redbridge
12-16-2011, 12:55 PM
LMAO

FluffNStuff
12-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Now, the last time I bought a Christmas Mug there, they filled it with a free cup of coffee!!! Is that so much to ask? Every year I buy a new mug and every year the first cup is free! But not anymore!!! And the price went up, too! How can they DO THAT!? They both increased the price of the mug AND they refuse to fill it for free.

That does sound bad, but they gotta make money. At least it is not as bad as the Starbux by me with their really intrusive new policy. I went in there and tried to order a Grande Gingerbread Latte, and the Barista told me not to pay as they have a new system, and to have a seat and he will bring it to me. So I sat down in one of the comfy chairs, connected to free wi-fi and waited. The Barista brought me the Latte and had a seat next to me, asked for my credit card but did not swipe it right away. It seemed weird, but I figured it would be fine, so I waited for the Latte to cool down and had a sip. As soon as I did the, Barista swiped my card for 10 cents, and handed me a receipt to sign. Cool I thought, it is only 10 cents. But every time I took a sip, the Barista kept swiping my card and having me sign it. I just wanted to go in there, relax and have some coffee, but this was getting really annoying! I kept asking if I could just pay for the whole cup, but he called me a cheap scape and asked why I wanted it for free. I tired to explain I do NOT want a FREE Ginger Bread Latte, I just don't want to have to keep paying each sip. I guess customer service is just not what it used to be.

Redbridge
12-16-2011, 01:25 PM
LMAO again....hehe

DanielRH
12-16-2011, 01:49 PM
LQTM ^ that's awesome :-)

Snakespeare
12-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Maybe I'll keep this one, to sell on E-bay, but the rest I will leave in a heap on the counter, yeah!
http://buckscards.com/nations.htm I have an unopened one with matching sleeve. yep!

StompArtist
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
My Starbucks went loco and gave me free coffee forever. To make their revenue target they charge 55$ for the little hot finger protection sleeve and 500$ for use of restrooms. Also the free wifi is now 75$ per mb but still its free to connect!

WhoIsThis
12-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Although it's little known, Starbucks coffee is actually very low quality. They buy the cheapest beans possible and then roast them very rapidly, partly to hide their poor quality.

You made the right call.

wvhills
12-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I heard that to save money starbucks saves their old gingerbread latte grounds and reuses them every Christmas season.

Draopwnzall
12-16-2011, 03:00 PM
I use to love Starbucks. I would go to it everyday so I can buy a Caramel Frappe, then Mcdonald's started making them and I fell in love. After that, I compared both frappes and Starbucks, tasted like crap.

Snakespeare
12-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Although it's little known, Starbucks coffee is actually very low quality. They buy the cheapest beans possible and then roast them very rapidly, partly to hide their poor quality.

You made the right call.

You are so right! I have been getting that Sumatra for ten years now! It's burnt I tell ya! Let's see, ten years times $11.50/week... what's that? $5,000 in crappy beans alone! Imma double rage quit... as soon as I run out my card...

SUPAPRODIGY
12-16-2011, 03:17 PM
they will miss u for sure :.

WhoIsThis
12-16-2011, 03:22 PM

You made the right call.

You are so right! I have been getting that Sumatra for ten years now! It's burnt I tell ya! Let's see, ten years times $11.50/week... what's that? $5,000 in crappy beans alone! Imma double rage quit... as soon as I run out my card...

All I will say is, I am glad that I do not drink much coffee. In fact, I have gone for over 30 months without drinking any coffee.

Snakespeare
12-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I use to love Starbucks. I would go to it everyday so I can buy a Caramel Frappe, then Mcdonald's started making them and I fell in love. After that, I compared both frappes and Starbucks, tasted like crap.

I think it's pronounced "crappay"...

Fortress
12-16-2011, 07:44 PM
The man needs his coffee.

Swimmingstar
12-16-2011, 07:58 PM
The man needs his coffee.

Lol.

Silentarrow
12-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Lol, mind taking a picture of "all your mugs on the table" for us?

javier995
12-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Lol, mind taking a picture of "all your mugs on the table" for us?

Lmao yes please do!

Snakespeare
12-20-2011, 04:18 PM
OK, so I was in *bux this morning...

I know, I know... I said I was rage quitting but I really have money on my card and I will run it out first...

Anyhow, do you believe it? There's this Christmas display with a DVD/CD box set of "A Charlie Brown Christmas". And they want money for it! That's absurd! Every radio station is playing the music for free, and I can stream the video. But greedy *bux has to try to make a profit off of Christmas.

And they have 5-packs of gift cards, 5 dollars each. These used to be highly collectible, but now they just hand them out like candy! It's dragging down the value of my collection.

So... I don't know... I still have a few free drink postcards to spend, but after that, IMMA RAGE QUIT!

plmafiaboss
12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
OMG!!!! I have literally just laughed my butt off! *looks behind* Yup, it's clean OFF - no butt! Thank you for sharing this classic rant!!!! I thought my day was already made, now it's more made-er!!!! +1!lmfao

Dalinuel
12-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't drink the coffee!!!!

Conradin
12-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Wanna start the Starbucks coffee party? We dump it all in the harbor!

Matutd
12-20-2011, 06:27 PM
That does sound bad, but they gotta make money. At least it is not as bad as the Starbux by me with their really intrusive new policy. I went in there and tried to order a Grande Gingerbread Latte, and the Barista told me not to pay as they have a new system, and to have a seat and he will bring it to me. So I sat down in one of the comfy chairs, connected to free wi-fi and waited. The Barista brought me the Latte and had a seat next to me, asked for my credit card but did not swipe it right away. It seemed weird, but I figured it would be fine, so I waited for the Latte to cool down and had a sip. As soon as I did the, Barista swiped my card for 10 cents, and handed me a receipt to sign. Cool I thought, it is only 10 cents. But every time I took a sip, the Barista kept swiping my card and having me sign it. I just wanted to go in there, relax and have some coffee, but this was getting really annoying! I kept asking if I could just pay for the whole cup, but he called me a cheap scape and asked why I wanted it for free. I tired to explain I do NOT want a FREE Ginger Bread Latte, I just don't want to have to keep paying each sip. I guess customer service is just not what it used to be.
Let it cool down a bit, and then gulp it in one. Give him 10 cents and walk out :)

Piosidon
12-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Drink tea instead, healthy and tastes like the same

mackjack
12-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Dear not-so-valued ex-customer,

This is Just$$$, CEO of *Bux.

Sorry to see you go (well, not really... your $1000's over the years is just a drop in the bucket for us, and for every grumpy old fart that leaves, hundreds of teens and pre-teens gets sucked in by us). But you have to realize that we are a for-profit business, and as much as we pretend to love you, we love money more.

And really, how can you complain? You're under no obligation to purchase our optional coffee, you know. You can come to any of our stores and enjoy the tables, chairs, periodicals, artsy-fartsy ambience, that we've thoughfully provided for you, all for free. Buying coffee just adds to the enjoyment of your experience at *Bux, and I say again, completly optional. You're just being an ingrate if you don't appreciate all that we do for you.

So, anyway, if you don't like our poor quality, over roasted, over priced coffee, there's the door; don't let it hit you in the *** on the way out.

Still, we'll wish you a happy holidays because we are nice that way.

javier995
12-20-2011, 09:11 PM

Sorry to see you go (well, not really... your $1000's over the years is just a drop in the bucket for us, and for every grumpy old fart that leaves, hundreds of teens and pre-teens gets sucked in by us). But you have to realize that we are a for-profit business, and as much as we pretend to love you, we love money more.

And really, how can you complain? You're under no obligation to purchase our optional coffee, you know. You can come to any of our stores and enjoy the tables, chairs, periodicals, artsy-fartsy ambience, that we've thoughfully provided for you, all for free. Buying coffee just adds to the enjoyment of your experience at *Bux, and I say again, completly optional. You're just being an ingrate if you don't appreciate all that we do for you.

So, anyway, if you don't like our poor quality, over roasted, over priced coffee, there's the door; don't let it hit you in the *** on the way out.

Lmao, made me laugh a lot.

Otukura
12-20-2011, 09:13 PM

Applies for more than one situation....

MightyMicah
12-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I have to say it took me a minute.

Then I started thinking about the good old days when they would let you buy more than 1 muffin. They then decided it wasn't fair that I spent my money on muffins. They wanted me to buy coffee! They then said "No more muffins for anyone!" and stopped selling them. I was heart broken. Later they changed their minds, raised the price of the muffins to 10 dollars each. People complaied and then 50 dollars each. So much for muffins...I don't even like coffee O.o

Garvhoz
12-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Hm......... .

MoarPewPew
12-20-2011, 10:17 PM
And this is why I don't drink coffee. :P

Snake love the post.

saool
12-20-2011, 10:30 PM
I heard that to save money starbucks saves their old gingerbread latte grounds and reuses them every Christmas season.

They do it to preserve the flavor! XD
Like wine the older the better...
lololol jkjk sick though haha!