PDA

View Full Version : Elite awakens are a scam

Olympus
07-14-2019, 06:33 AM
After spending upwards of 600 elite awakens to reawaken my arcane ring, I have come to the realisation that this game is a complete scam. Only on my very last awake did I manage to get an awaken with 250 armor, and since there are four slots you would think my chances would be a bit better than that!

I wish I could tell you exactly how many elite boss damage and mana regen awakens I got. This game encourages gambling and I feel like an idiot for thinking I could continue to enjoy this game, in the current meta of having to spend THOUSANDS of dollars to achieve good gears. And the moderators are asking how they can improve the game? How about create a system where at least spending your money is going to GUARANTEE getting what you are paying for!

Just to break it down, that’s 3000 plat worth of awakens, or close to $200 USD which has failed to yield anything close to what I was aiming for (400 armor). The only reason I CONTINUE to play this game is because of relationships I created when this game wasn’t completely luck based. How does STS expect new players to come and enjoy this game? Let’s face it the developers are doing everything they can to squeeze the last pennies out of players before this game completely dies. I hope someone in the STS office reads this and decides that it’s time to overhaul the game and at least develop a system where your money buys you what you want!

breywolf
07-14-2019, 08:04 AM
The awakes lately have been so terrible,I spent more and ebon armour trying to awake it with just one good awake than the actual armour cost,that isn't even a joke sadly,start should actually try to better the odds for these awakes

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Smocked
07-14-2019, 12:15 PM
I guess anything is about luck here. You can get what you were dreaming after just few tries, or spend TOO much and get in the end worse than you had had. Sounds funny but it's about luck. Maybe if you feel unlucky is better to buy directly the item you're looking for with good awakens into it already.

Kakashis
07-14-2019, 12:49 PM
It's all about luck and I'll tell u that $200 won't get you the best items in the game. There used to be a player who spent 10k to get the best items like the Dragon arcane ring and other op items. Guess what happened when everyone started to have such items? Rage quit. Just play within your means and you don't have to have the best of the best items.

Drone
07-14-2019, 02:06 PM
There has to be an algorithm with this “luck”, as trash awakenings pop up more often than ones that are actually useful. In other words, spend at your own risk.

|Ares|
07-14-2019, 02:24 PM
RNG is a way of somehow preventing pay to win in this game. Fair enough tho.

Thewolfbull
07-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Just buy the gear with the awake you want, chances are the person you buy from used 10-20 gems max.

Pleasant
07-14-2019, 03:44 PM
It’s all about luck my guy. I used about 2m on elite awakening and got 425 armor awake on a venom amulet

Fyrce
07-14-2019, 04:38 PM
Play for enjoyment. Do not play for anxiety. If you think xxx will get you exactly what you want, and you will scream and throw things around when it doesn't, time to go for a walk.

Browdy666
07-14-2019, 08:02 PM
Play for enjoyment. Do not play for anxiety. If you think xxx will get you exactly what you want, and you will scream and throw things around when it doesn't, time to go for a walk.

Yeah, good point Fierce.

Deezey
07-14-2019, 09:16 PM
I have come to the realisation that this game is a complete scam.

Well its pay to win. They're pretty obvious about it, and make no efforts to hide it or convince players otherwise.

As far as spending goes, its never really worth the money to awaken anything, nor spend plat to open chests. Too much randomness both with awakens and chests. Just on awakens alone I count a possible 101 options at each tier, so trying to get a specific combination on the ring would be:

1 in 101 chance of getting the first
1 in 10,201 chance of getting the second
1 in 1,030,301 chance of getting the third
1 in 104,060,401 chance of getting the fourth

Some state lotteries have better chances than that to win the jackpot, so there's that. Probably not *exact* math chances but you get the idea.

It *is* profitable to instead buy up elite gems with plat or gold on sale, then sell them on the AH when the price is right. Its also worth it to buy chests on the cheap, sit on them for awhile then resell them for more. After some years of playing I think I've opened maybe one plat chest, then quickly realized my folly when I could just buy the precise item I wanted from the AH that was 'good enough' for my needs.

If you realize you'll never get the perfect gear rolls, as long as you're content with that then you'll enjoy the game.

Kystone
07-14-2019, 10:11 PM
So everyone's opinion is wrong except yours

Enraged
07-14-2019, 10:44 PM
What about an Option to Lock/Unlock an Awakening of your choice for an amount of gold/plat?

(eg. you got 50%gl on first slot, you can lock it for an x amount of gold/plat then the next time you re-awake, only the remaining slots will be touched.)

also, the price to lock an awakening will increase as you proceed with the rest of the slots.

No hate tho, just my opinion.

Jairus980
07-14-2019, 11:44 PM
What about an Option to Lock/Unlock an Awakening of your choice for an amount of gold/plat?

(eg. you got 50%gl on first slot, you can lock it for an x amount of gold/plat then the next time you re-awake, only the remaining slots will be touched.)

also, the price to lock an awakening will increase as you proceed with the rest of the slots.

extremely bad idea. otherwise you see 4%,4%,4%,4% armor in auction or 100gl,100gl,100gl,100gl priced for 500m.
and this will destroy the game.

Arazaanikl
07-15-2019, 12:11 AM
Dw bro i spent 50 m on ring to just get 300 armor:(

Fwend
07-15-2019, 02:49 AM
I play Pocket Legends and on PL we understand the pure frustration and luck involved with re-roll of enchantments.

What we did was offer solutions and earlier this year on the 5th April we received this update

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?445974-2019-04-05-Content-Update-(263900)

Futumsh said:
+ Enchantment slots can now be saved after all available slots have been unlocked for that item. Saving slots allows you to keep specific enchantments while re-rolling others! Base costs for Enchantments have been increased. Saving slots increases the amount of gold and/or Platinum required to re-roll.

So now on PL we have the ability to lock enchantment slots that we desire and the cost of enchanting further goes up, but our perfect enchantment slots can be saved.

Cost to enchant

4 slots unlocked - 10k gold or 10 Platinum
3 slots unlocked, 1 slot locked - 35k gold or 35 platinum
2 slots unlocked, 2 slots locked - 60k gold or 60 platinum
1 slot unlocked, 3 slots locked - 85k gold or 85 platinum

I do hope STS are willing to add this innovation to enchantments on Arcane Legends as well.

Spooked
07-15-2019, 03:10 AM
After spending upwards of 600 elite awakens to reawaken my arcane ring, I have come to the realisation that this game is a complete scam. Only on my very last awake did I manage to get an awaken with 250 armor, and since there are four slots you would think my chances would be a bit better than that!

I wish I could tell you exactly how many elite boss damage and mana regen awakens I got. This game encourages gambling and I feel like an idiot for thinking I could continue to enjoy this game, in the current meta of having to spend THOUSANDS of dollars to achieve good gears. And the moderators are asking how they can improve the game? How about create a system where at least spending your money is going to GUARANTEE getting what you are paying for!

Just to break it down, that’s 3000 plat worth of awakens, or close to $200 USD which has failed to yield anything close to what I was aiming for (400 armor). The only reason I CONTINUE to play this game is because of relationships I created when this game wasn’t completely luck based. How does STS expect new players to come and enjoy this game? Let’s face it the developers are doing everything they can to squeeze the last pennies out of players before this game completely dies. I hope someone in the STS office reads this and decides that it’s time to overhaul the game and at least develop a system where your money buys you what you want!

This is not the place to moan about being unlucky. Deal with it. You'll be unlucky plenty of times in the future.
Sts doesn't owe you anything so you preserve no special treatment when it comes to RnG, get over it and buy the awakens u want from auction next time. Good day to u

Spooked
07-15-2019, 03:14 AM
Morons and sheep abound and sadly think thier opinions are relevant

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

No idea who you are to tell people's opinions aren't relevant.
Get off your high horse because you sound like a total mug. Ty

Jairus980
07-15-2019, 03:18 AM
I play Pocket Legends and on PL we understand the pure frustration and luck involved with re-roll of enchantments.

What we did was offer solutions and earlier this year on the 5th April we received this update

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?445974-2019-04-05-Content-Update-(263900)

So now on PL we have the ability to lock enchantment slots that we desire and the cost of enchanting further goes up, but our perfect enchantment slots can be saved.

Cost to enchant

4 slots unlocked - 10k gold or 10 Platinum
3 slots unlocked, 1 slot locked - 35k gold or 35 platinum
2 slots unlocked, 2 slots locked - 60k gold or 60 platinum
1 slot unlocked, 3 slots locked - 85k gold or 85 platinum

I do hope STS are willing to add this innovation to enchantments on Arcane Legends as well.

good idea. then with awaken gem, the cost to awake increase from 1>3>6>9?

Marosok
07-15-2019, 05:03 AM
I disagree with locking enhancements, even when 400 gl weapon sound more than good.

Olympus
07-15-2019, 06:23 AM

I completely agree with this comment, and this is more or less what I had in mind when posting.

**REGARDING OTHER COMMENTS**

I understand this is pay to win game, and I understand I could have bought the awake I was looking for with the gold I wasted on awakening. However, if everybody adopts this mindset, what you’ll find is no OP gears available, as everybody is waiting for the gear to come. Then massive inflation occurs, and elite awakening almost looks viable again *until it isn’t* #merightnow

I don’t entirely understand how some people are triggered by the point that this luck based system is stupid, and that it is driving away players. I definitely support some sort of RNG, but with awakens pretty much being essential to PvP (which is what i play, and I have always done so competitively), I think it is about time to do something that benefits the players. Mods wanna know How to get players to retain interest: do something that doesn’t make it impossible to be at the top without having unlimited plat and gold.

So building on the comment I’m replying to: let’s take an arcane item as an example, how about being able to lock in two awakening slots for a certain gold/plat/token amount, then the remaining two slots still remain RNG. That way, sts retains their money making scheme while players can at least guarantee better awakens if they’re gonna drop a decent sum into the game.

I don’t like the implication that to complain about such things is to be some sort of a cry baby, if I take my $200 to a restaurant, I expect to get one hell of a meal, I don’t expect to wonder if I’m going to get a good meal?

Olympus
07-15-2019, 06:35 AM
This is not the place to moan about being unlucky. Deal with it. You'll be unlucky plenty of times in the future.
Sts doesn't owe you anything so you preserve no special treatment when it comes to RnG, get over it and buy the awakens u want from auction next time. Good day to u

This sort of comment is stupid asf imo. As someone who’s both studied business, and is running a successful business, I can tell you that a successful business model is when a consumer gives currency in exchange for goods. Their overall experience is judged from when they purchase the product and doesn’t end until after they have consumed the product.

The awakens I want can’t be found in auction as it is a maxed awaken on not only an arcane item, but one with a para. That is why I was willing to spend 40m+ on trying to get a decent awaken. I don’t want special treatment, I want the mods and devs of this game to listen to the opinion of what SO MANY OTHERS agree with, which is do something to fix the current state of the game. I play this game to be the best and can’t do that without the best awakes, and since awakens are such a key factor in determining whether gear is good or bad, I am simply venting my opinion that change is needed, at least is STS expects me to remain a customer.

Olympus
07-15-2019, 06:38 AM
extremely bad idea. otherwise you see 4%,4%,4%,4% armor in auction or 100gl,100gl,100gl,100gl priced for 500m.
and this will destroy the game.

What if you could lock only a maximum of 2 slots? And locking slots added some extra fee? I disagree that it would break the game, in fact it would give people a chance to guarantee decent awakes, rather than spending 40m+ to not get a single thing

Olympus
07-15-2019, 06:40 AM
Just buy the gear with the awake you want, chances are the person you buy from used 10-20 gems max.

The awake I want is so extremely rare that I haven’t found it despite looking for the last 6 months.

Daughter
07-15-2019, 06:43 AM
I like that Idea. And to get 400gl on it then is like impossible because u gonna need spend then like 1b gold for it and it would´nt worth it, so ppl can't destroy with it he prices. And on Auction I saw too many Times Items with like 15% All Stats or 20% Armor Awaken so these awakes are already there veto get so they casn´t be an awaken destroy the prices

Olympus
07-15-2019, 06:56 AM
I like that Idea. And to get 400gl on it then is like impossible because u gonna need spend then like 1b gold for it and it would´nt worth it, so ppl can't destroy with it he prices. And on Auction I saw too many Times Items with like 15% All Stats or 20% Armor Awaken so these awakes are already there veto get so they casn´t be an awaken destroy the prices

Yeah if anything, I think god awakens would become more common, bringing the overall prices down. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s just my opinion. Right now if I were to get 20% armor in my sword, I’m gonna make 200m on it lol

shadowronn
07-15-2019, 07:19 AM
Why won't STS remove the awakening system and refund players who paid for awakens in cash or platinum, whatever they paid with or maybe not the full amount but 60% something like that.

PatD
07-15-2019, 01:21 PM
From my own experience, i have sometime been terribly unlucky and sometime very lucky (i had to spend 15m once for what i want and another time got what i want with only 10 awake!) so its really about luck/rng

Fearrr
07-16-2019, 02:05 AM
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about Re-Rolling. Last big roll I did was on Arc Helm Lvl 71 around 2.5k Plat(500 Rolls)) and still didn’t get the Awakes I was looking for. Ofc I understand the risks of rolling before hand but the percentage of bad awakes to good awakes seems very off. Enraged/Jairus980 idea is good, if locking slots does become available it should be costly to maintain balance in the game. @Fwend nice to see they added the locking slot option to PL hopefully it will come to AL to.

Idly
07-16-2019, 02:44 AM
Its a highly frustrating system, I'm not surprised a lot quit when it was introduced.

I have spent around 400m to awake my 71 arcane gears (staff, helm, armor, belt, ring, amulet and artifact 65m total item worth clean) and still not finished!

After all that I found out about the op awakening event (I'm a returning player from 2013/14 and haven't seen this event before) I was like holy ******* **** I've spent $5k real money since last September to be op and soon I'll have to reawake all my gears, or buy duplicates...or alternatively it won't return and I'll never have the chance to get certain awakes which is more frustrating than being *** ****** for more moneys.

I'm very happy to support AL as the devs have put tons of work into the game we all enjoy, but I'm getting to the point where it seems pointless and is becoming a disappointment as my character progression has almost stoppeed and every time I spend I feel I'm getting shafted. Sometimes I'll spend $300-500 on just awakes and get nothing, I mean wtf sts.

The awakening for plat system has, IMO, run its course and players are generally sick of it. Maybe add elite awakes to sirscamalot as a gold sink and find a new cash cow where players don't feel so butthurt when they give you lots of real world cash for some pixels. Ty.

Olympus
07-16-2019, 06:27 AM
Its a highly frustrating system, I'm not surprised a lot quit when it was introduced.

I have spent around 400m to awake my 71 arcane gears (staff, helm, armor, belt, ring, amulet and artifact 65m total item worth clean) and still not finished!

After all that I found out about the op awakening event (I'm a returning player from 2013/14 and haven't seen this event before) I was like holy ******* **** I've spent $5k real money since last September to be op and soon I'll have to reawake all my gears, or buy duplicates...or alternatively it won't return and I'll never have the chance to get certain awakes which is more frustrating than being *** ****** for more moneys.

I'm very happy to support AL as the devs have put tons of work into the game we all enjoy, but I'm getting to the point where it seems pointless and is becoming a disappointment as my character progression has almost stoppeed and every time I spend I feel I'm getting shafted. Sometimes I'll spend $300-500 on just awakes and get nothing, I mean wtf sts.

The awakening for plat system has, IMO, run its course and players are generally sick of it. Maybe add elite awakes to sirscamalot as a gold sink and find a new cash cow where players don't feel so butthurt when they give you lots of real world cash for some pixels. Ty.

Completely agree

Fyrce
07-16-2019, 06:11 PM
People are too OCD.

Just live with acceptable items. Have some duplicate items you can sometimes try to reawaken. If one comes out better, start wearing it. If not, keep it in your "play" set. Limit the amount of awakes you use, say only 20 elite awakes at a time, once a week or once a month. Done.

Fearrr
07-16-2019, 07:26 PM
People are too OCD.

Just live with acceptable items. Have some duplicate items you can sometimes try to reawaken. If one comes out better, start wearing it. If not, keep it in your "play" set. Limit the amount of awakes you use, say only 20 elite awakes at a time, once a week or once a month. Done.
If you want to play on a budget like that then that's fine. I do play for enjoyment and spending money in this game is not a issue, I would never spend money in this game if it would ever effect RL. People have goals and stats they want to keep pushing it's as simple as that. If you play using the bare minimum or acceptable items there is nothing wrong with that either. That's not how I play and never will.

Olympus
07-17-2019, 12:12 AM
People are too OCD.

While I can respect any player who chooses to play like this, this isn’t how I play any game. I’m always willing to spend money to increase my experience. Where the issues start to grow, however, is when it feels that my investment is for nothing. As I’ve said in previous comments, I play at lvl 47 pvp, and I want to be the best. To do that, I have to put money into the game, which I have no issues doing. I just want to have confidence that it will be worthwhile.

There are so many people here saying “it’s RNG, you’re stupid for wishing you could have better luck” “maybe you shouldn’t have put so much into the game when you should’ve known it’s a stupid system” “just buy your items from auction”:

What if i simply want to awaken my own items, get exactly what I want, and don’t want to have to sink 3000 plat into one item and still get nothing? Why can’t it simply be that I can spend some money to have some sort of confidence that it’s going to be worthwhile?

Some people have even made comments to suggest that “just don’t do all your awakens at once, if you get nothing try this...” *followed by a way that will supposedly “fix” your bad luck* ... doesn’t that just reinforce my point that awakens are a scam? By buying into such suggestions, you admit that this system isn’t complete RNG and that it is perhaps rigged.

Dunno
07-17-2019, 12:27 AM
While I can respect any player who chooses to play like this, this isn’t how I play any game. I’m always willing to spend money to increase my experience. Where the issues start to grow, however, is when it feels that my investment is for nothing. As I’ve said in previous comments, I play at lvl 47 pvp, and I want to be the best. To do that, I have to put money into the game, which I have no issues doing. I just want to have confidence that it will be worthwhile.

There are so many people here saying “it’s RNG, you’re stupid for wishing you could have better luck” “maybe you shouldn’t have put so much into the game when you should’ve known it’s a stupid system” “just buy your items from auction”:

What if i simply want to awaken my own items, get exactly what I want, and don’t want to have to sink 3000 plat into one item and still get nothing? Why can’t it simply be that I can spend some money to have some sort of confidence that it’s going to be worthwhile?

Some people have even made comments to suggest that “just don’t do all your awakens at once, if you get nothing try this...” *followed by a way that will supposedly “fix” your bad luck* ... doesn’t that just reinforce my point that awakens are a scam? By buying into such suggestions, you admit that this system isn’t complete RNG and that it is perhaps rigged.

Its definitely rigged not perhaps. I spent 20 m to awaken arcane ring today and I got absolutely nothing worth keeping.

Switchback
07-17-2019, 03:23 AM
So this may be completely wrong, as my math days are a thing of the past, but i believe this is a somewhat accurate representation of the total amount of possibilities while awakening items.

There are roughly 130 different awakens for weapons, and a max of 4 awaken picks per Roll. The link should already have the numbers input for you. The link is to an online calculator that i found handy. This is given each awaken has the same possibility of rolling(which i doubt 100gl rolls the same as taunt chance.). Although i do agree that some awakens do not have the same chance to roll, it is being exaggerated here. You guys arent thinking about the extreme amount of possible rolls while awakening.

Again, i could be calculating this wrong, its 2am and im dead tired. I figured i would throw this out there and a math wiz can come by and correct me. The number does seem to be crazy high, im sure i am making a simple mistake but check the link if you're interested in probabilities that can be related to the awaken system.

https://www.hackmath.net/en/calculator/combinations-and-permutations?n=130&k=4&order=0&repeat=1

This sample was based off awakening an arcane weapon(4 for the amount of slots,130+- different awakenings). If you're lazy to check the link, the total amount off different sets of awakens i came across is 12.4 million.

A legendary weapon(2 slots/130+- awakenings) using the calculator above came up with 5,000 different sets of awakenings. Mythic was around 170,000 different sets.

The Edit: after a wink of sleep and some coffee i see that redundant awakens(a 400gl awakening would be calculated as seperate sets of outcomes, when to us its 1)will skew these numbers greatly, and my kindergarten math skills dont seem to hold up. I Believe to exclude repetition of awakens being counted as different outcomes, we take the total amount from the selection pool(awaken list) times the number of draws from said pool(our awaken slots)?

Anyways, im flailing around here and its way too early for i to be fixing this, but i lol'd at my above numbers :). Someone will undoubtedly fix it im sure.

Looking forward to a correction on this above!

-Thanks

Olympus
07-17-2019, 08:39 AM
So this may be completely wrong, as my math days are a thing of the past, but i believe this is a somewhat accurate representation of the total amount of possibilities while awakening items.

There are roughly 130 different awakens for weapons, and a max of 4 awaken picks per Roll. The link should already have the numbers input for you. The link is to an online calculator that i found handy. This is given each awaken has the same possibility of rolling(which i doubt 100gl rolls the same as taunt chance.). Although i do agree that some awakens do not have the same chance to roll, it is being exaggerated here. You guys arent thinking about the extreme amount of possible rolls while awakening.

Again, i could be calculating this wrong, its 2am and im dead tired. I figured i would throw this out there and a math wiz can come by and correct me. The number does seem to be crazy high, im sure i am making a simple mistake but check the link if you're interested in probabilities that can be related to the awaken system.

https://www.hackmath.net/en/calculator/combinations-and-permutations?n=130&k=4&order=0&repeat=1

This sample was based off awakening an arcane weapon(4 for the amount of slots,130+- different awakenings). If you're lazy to check the link, the total amount off different sets of awakens i came across is 12.4 million.

A legendary weapon(2 slots/130+- awakenings) using the calculator above came up with 5,000 different sets of awakenings. Mythic was around 170,000 different sets.

The Edit: after a wink of sleep and some coffee i see that redundant awakens(a 400gl awakening would be calculated as seperate sets of outcomes, when to us its 1)will skew these numbers greatly, and my kindergarten math skills dont seem to hold up. I Believe to exclude repetition of awakens being counted as different outcomes, we take the total amount from the selection pool(awaken list) times the number of draws from said pool(our awaken slots)?

Anyways, im flailing around here and its way too early for i to be fixing this, but i lol'd at my above numbers :). Someone will undoubtedly fix it im sure.

Looking forward to a correction on this above!

-Thanks

Would be interested to know the math if you were to limit the set to only the types of awakenings. E.g. count every armor as 1, every gold loot as 1, etc. the pool size would be decreased by a lot, so I’m sure we would have a more accurate representation. After all, I’m sure most people don’t expect 150 armor x4 slots, but maybe a combination that looks more like: 150 armor, 100 armor, 4% armor, 2% all stats. I’m sure I could figure the math out but I’m too lazy too, as it is now 2am where I am :D

gilsooon
07-19-2019, 07:57 AM
thats exaggerating i guess

Spooked
07-19-2019, 08:42 AM
This sort of comment is stupid asf imo. As someone who’s both studied business, and is running a successful business, I can tell you that a successful business model is when a consumer gives currency in exchange for goods. Their overall experience is judged from when they purchase the product and doesn’t end until after they have consumed the product.

The awakens I want can’t be found in auction as it is a maxed awaken on not only an arcane item, but one with a para. That is why I was willing to spend 40m+ on trying to get a decent awaken. I don’t want special treatment, I want the mods and devs of this game to listen to the opinion of what SO MANY OTHERS agree with, which is do something to fix the current state of the game. I play this game to be the best and can’t do that without the best awakes, and since awakens are such a key factor in determining whether gear is good or bad, I am simply venting my opinion that change is needed, at least is STS expects me to remain a customer.

Right. You're still moaning about how unfair everything is like a crybaby so i'll just go ahead and throw the whole response in the bin.

archerdrake
07-19-2019, 02:51 PM
They have implemented on pl they should implement it on al

Fearrr
07-20-2019, 03:33 AM
They have implemented on pl they should implement it on al

Yes hopefully locked awakening slots is added on AL before next Awakening Event.

InsanitrisesAL
07-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Smite level up XD

Reywin27
07-21-2019, 03:03 AM
Dang,I feel bad for you bruh but I wish you luck next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuhguhbuhbuh
07-21-2019, 03:30 AM
Mana ignore awaken stalks me!

Alwarez
07-21-2019, 12:44 PM
House always wins

jeabahty
07-21-2019, 03:28 PM
I had my own theory on this awakening/plat system and how sts prioritized plat buyers over f2p players, but this post almost debunks it completely. I had no clue you lot had an issue with this as well. Sts out here done messed up lmao. Or did they?

Humor aside, lemme tell you something, op. I think sts is at a point where their system banks on the dim wits of the 12-14 y/o or younger kids playing this game for their spending parity. People like you and me who realize the value of real money spent on pixels, in getting what we pay for, is what the devs have been trying to really avoid. It's no surprise a lot of folks left after this was introduced, because they knew better about this and the mess this would entail. But kids who don't really understand all that much go on spending sprees and in turn play into sts' plan, which works out very well for them. But I don't think sts is ever going back on it. Doubt they'll fix it either. People talking about pl perhaps don't realize that al is a much bigger game than pl, and much like the spending parity of young kids, sts also banks upon subtle but massively bugged things in the game to milk money from players.
I know these claims seem very daft but sts hasn't come this far without some marketing/development genius at their helm. Think about it.

MayaNatsume
07-21-2019, 04:26 PM
I have quitted Because this awakening sys and miss click the arcane egg have no refund after email to support many times last year, I returned this game because AL is still worth to play, I can tell sts nowday is more easygoing than before, I still will spend money support but not as much as like use to be.

If sts has more info about awakening gems /system that would be good,
For example: the normal awake gem has 2% open slot and chance, the blue awake gem has 3% etc, the elite awake gem has 5%, which player can choose which one we should buy. Ty

Olympus
07-21-2019, 09:18 PM
Right. You're still moaning about how unfair everything is like a crybaby so i'll just go ahead and throw the whole response in the bin.

I'm not really sure what you're hoping to add in this thread, but if you arent going to at least state WHY you disagree, can you just stop? It's people like you, who spend no money on game, and offer no constructive POV, who help sts to justify keeping things as they are. Put simply, this game has been dying since 2014, and it continues to get smaller and smaller. The only way sts survives is by making everything pay to play, squeezing every last dollar out of people before they eventually quit. Maybe you didn't play the game before awakens existed, if so, I dont blame you. STS needs to learn that they will retain/gain players (consumers/customers) by creating systems and content that benefits both parties. At the moment, people only awaken things because it is required to in order to be any good at this game. Imagine if they could retain that system, but change it in a way that satisfies their player base? I also know that this thread is completely pointless as the devs will never do anything to this game that benefits the player. So in that sense, I guess It is crying

Tuhguhbuhbuh
07-22-2019, 05:30 AM
...I buy ten.

Mekkatorque
07-22-2019, 06:27 AM
Sometimes where being paranoid about the result of awakens but its normal, if you get all so easily that will be a problem u will be thinking that the game is nonsense, i feel you and in real life its the same we will not always get what we really want but life is not finish you just keep move on and try until you succeed theres no scam in here and its a fair play because sts needs income too so game will keep alive theres no free in this world many things happen in life. Dont worry is equal all things is balanced. Forgive my english not my first language, and also when it comes to lovelife if you know what i mean. Its all about RNG if you know what rng is they want you to play more and more. All you need is a break and if you feel okay back to the game, life is short you better enjoy it as much as you can.

Spllitz
07-25-2019, 04:10 PM

Just to break it down, that’s 3000 plat worth of awakens, or close to $200 USD which has failed to yield anything close to what I was aiming for (400 armor). The only reason I CONTINUE to play this game is because of relationships I created when this game wasn’t completely luck based. How does STS expect new players to come and enjoy this game? Let’s face it the developers are doing everything they can to squeeze the last pennies out of players before this game completely dies. I hope someone in the STS office reads this and decides that it’s time to overhaul the game and at least develop a system where your money buys you what you want!Same used elite awakening gem and got the same awakening i already had on my item developer reacted that the reawakenings are random, atleast give me a new awakening thats different i mean why else would i reawake it.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

BestOf13-16s
07-26-2019, 12:04 AM
agree. a player should only be able to lock max of 2 slots.

i also agree that elite gem kits should be available from SirScamALot in kraag to act as gold sink.

Remiem
07-26-2019, 12:07 AM
I had my own theory on this awakening/plat system and how sts prioritized plat buyers over f2p players, but this post almost debunks it completely. I had no clue you lot had an issue with this as well. Sts out here done messed up lmao. Or did they?

Humor aside, lemme tell you something, op. I think sts is at a point where their system banks on the dim wits of the 12-14 y/o or younger kids playing this game for their spending parity. People like you and me who realize the value of real money spent on pixels, in getting what we pay for, is what the devs have been trying to really avoid. It's no surprise a lot of folks left after this was introduced, because they knew better about this and the mess this would entail. But kids who don't really understand all that much go on spending sprees and in turn play into sts' plan, which works out very well for them. But I don't think sts is ever going back on it. Doubt they'll fix it either. People talking about pl perhaps don't realize that al is a much bigger game than pl, and much like the spending parity of young kids, sts also banks upon subtle but massively bugged things in the game to milk money from players.
I know these claims seem very daft but sts hasn't come this far without some marketing/development genius at their helm. Think about it.

First of all, I can understand where you're coming from here. No doubt it can be incredibly frustrating to invest in an experience and feel that you didn't get what you paid for. Also, I appreciate you so clearly articulating your frustration, because truly, the feedback is incredibly valuable and something we care about deeply. For what it's worth coming from me, we're really just a team that loves to make games, not scam people out of their hard earned cash. PL and AL, and the studio, are where they are today because 1) The player community is amazing and has a real passion for the game and 2) so do the developers. That being said, monetization systems, especially ones based in RNG are always polarizing. When they go well for someone, they can go really well, and when they go poorly, well, you get it.

We get a lot of feedback on the awakening system and are always taking it into consideration on future releases. While, of course, I can not make any promises, I do want you guys to know that we do listen and consider every single suggestion. So, thank you for this thread and to everyone who contributed suggestions.

Alghost
07-26-2019, 12:36 AM
First of all, I can understand where you're coming from here. No doubt it can be incredibly frustrating to invest in an experience and feel that you didn't get what you paid for. Also, I appreciate you so clearly articulating your frustration, because truly, the feedback is incredibly valuable and something we care about deeply. For what it's worth coming from me, we're really just a team that loves to make games, not scam people out of their hard earned cash. PL and AL, and the studio, are where they are today because 1) The player community is amazing and has a real passion for the game and 2) so do the developers. That being said, monetization systems, especially ones based in RNG are always polarizing. When they go well for someone, they can go really well, and when they go poorly, well, you get it.

We get a lot of feedback on the awakening system and are always taking it into consideration on future releases. While, of course, I can not make any promises, I do want you guys to know that we do listen and consider every single suggestion. So, thank you for this thread and to everyone who contributed suggestions.

Probably going to get banned for saying this but... The guy you quoted is right though... it’s all business... but this time you guys tryna milk us dry instead of actually feeding us. Every drop of milk counts just like every penny... because you and the team both know time is almost up... and this upcoming expansion will give everyone the answer to the question... ‘is it still worth it?’. We’ll find out together, won’t we... for the answers we seek are just up ahead, only time will tell... time will tell...

Hope you guys know magic because pulling a bunny out of a hat, is a pretty tough trick to learn in such a short amount of time. Best of luck!

THE GOLDEN KING
07-26-2019, 01:09 AM
Probably going to get banned for saying this but... The guy you quoted is right though... it’s all business... but this time you guys tryna milk us dry instead of actually feeding us. Every drop of milk counts just like every penny... because you and the team both know time is almost up... and this upcoming expansion will give everyone the answer to the question... ‘is it still worth it?’. We’ll find out together, won’t we... for the answers we seek are just up ahead, only time will tell... time will tell...

Hope you guys know magic because pulling a bunny out of a hat, is a pretty tough trick to learn in such a short amount of time. Best of luck!

Well tbh it was kinda worth it, I did enjoy the game. Personally in the worst case expansion scenario, they’ll just make another festerfang/maus type of expansion and name it differently.

What I mean by this, is festerfang is just a Recolor of Maus... with a different name “festerfang”. Pretty sure they got something up their sleeve :3 for this upcoming expansion. I’m setting the bar real low, so if they do worse than I expect than I guess you’ll be right.

Again, what I mean by setting the bar low is, if they just Recolor festerfang into a new expansion, If they do this :/ then I’ll understand your point. But let’s hope not. For the act is just about to start!

Daconan
07-26-2019, 04:53 AM
this game is broken for gamble . need much luck in real life and our account :'D and for free account got 0,001% luck , Vip account(admin of AL) get 10% more luck xD same as gamble at poker online

Erythis
07-26-2019, 06:49 AM
YohThe message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 11 characters.
Title:

Erythis
07-26-2019, 06:51 AM
Yeah I too think that 400 gl is more good than the others. Well people perspective are different

Susanne
07-26-2019, 07:02 AM
I'm frightened now. All this talk about the game dying. Yes I have been playing a long time..very long time. Before gems, jewels, awakenings, ankhs etcetera.
Arcane Legends has so much potential, a lot more than all the other games available for mobile that it would be a shame if it went.
Maybe if we went back to the old style maps instead of the long ones and had decent stuff to farm.
It's been said already but the story token vendor needs updating.
Also, there are..in my opinion..too many "sets".
I haven't scrolled back very far (lots of posts on this thread) so I'm not sure whether I'm already repeating what others have said.
I know what would make a lot of players happy and that's fair PvP without awakenings and fancy pets. I've watched the players in Festerfang and yes, there is some trash talk but all in all, it's quite friendly. Please think about bringing it back please. I don't PvP myself but it would bring a lot of people back.
I'm sorry if what I have typed has been already posted here. I just love AL and all this talk about it dying is scary. I would miss the community and the friends I've made.

Olympus
07-29-2019, 08:58 PM
I have made a post in the suggestions thread about awaken slots locked. If you agree, please give a thanks so the mods/devs see it, otherwise please add some constructive thoughts to it :D thanks

Nvgd
07-30-2019, 06:19 AM
So no awakes in pvp? yeah sure go tell the other people who actualy spended cash to get better (including me), millions in gold to get the best awakes possible. if they would remove awakes THEN lots and I repeat LOTS of people will quit.

So it's fair to remove awakes in pvp to give other people a fair chance. But it's not fair to spend millions of gold and hard earned real life money on awakes to get better in the game?

Oh the irony....

Olympus
07-30-2019, 05:09 PM
So no awakes in pvp? yeah sure go tell the other people who actualy spended cash to get better (including me), millions in gold to get the best awakes possible. if they would remove awakes THEN lots and I repeat LOTS of people will quit.

So it's fair to remove awakes in pvp to give other people a fair chance. But it's not fair to spend millions of gold and hard earned real life money on awakes to get better in the game?

Oh the irony....

No-one said anything about disabling awakens in pvp; people discussed the ability to lock awakening slots though, so that better awakes can be more guaranteed. This entire post is about how I have spent millions to get good gear, and after 40-60m of awakes I still didn’t receive even one awake with more than 250 armor :D this forum post is more about finding better ways to have elite awakenings implemented though...

Totoro
07-30-2019, 10:57 PM
the locking of awakes can create its own set of problems imo. To start it will devalue the items that a lot of people have put into awakening already (prepare your pitchforks), and after that we will just start to see people with 8% stat per items and stat progression will be crazy, basically devaluing new gear bc you can get better op stats with awakes.
I thought the whole point of the awake system was similar to opening crates - you take your chance and hope you get lucky, by locking awakes it's basically just turning it into a who can spend the most system and I know y'all rich af so.

Having said that I hear and feel the frustration about spending 1m a day on elite gems and getting salty with mana. I just feel like the idea of being able to freely lock awakes isn't a true solution and will make its own problems. I wonder if there is a way to compromise - like an event that happens regularly where you awake an item and if you do a subsequent awake within a limited time frame (I.e two minutes) you can try to re roll a locked awake and this can only stack a limited number of times after which time if you awake the item then all slots get re rolled so to speak.
just a few thoughts.