PDA

View Full Version : Is the winter campaign a precendent for future campaigns? Dev response urgent.

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 12:00 AM
To begin with, I'm gonna make a thread that I know risks the possibility of being locked. It's important enough to me and the community that we know the answer for me to risk it. If you must lock this thread, please at least answer the question in bold before doing so.

The winter campaign employed a model where people would have to pay per run. Reception of this has been very poor, and the pink drop rates are not enough in the eyes of many players for compensation.

I find this one ironic. Earlier today, a player called csb told me that PvP players were all platinum burners and that is why they were skilled. I laughed in real life when I read his reply - it demonstrated a total ignorance of PvP. Platinum does not buy skill in either PvP nor PvE. But, for this campaign, csb's accusation that anybody that farmed a lot of the winter campaign would be a platinum spending "elite" holds true. Players are being charged by the run. I don't mean to pick on this player, but he/she does raise an important point, although not in PvP, but rather the Winter campaign.

In future campaigns (and holiday events), will we have to pay platinum for each run or will the main spine remain free (or accessible for a one-time purchase of platinum?)

Most players are willing to pay a reasonable amount of platinum for high quality content (see my long thread as to what defines high quality content) provided that they feel that they get their money's worth.

Edit:
What we are not willing to do is to pay for each run - this is simply prohibitive and unrealistic.

Pandar
12-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Hey, WhoIsThis (your name cracks me up every time)

I'm sure you've seen on other threads similar to this, but we are consolidating all feedback and questions about the latest content update to this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45534-1.7.5-Content-Update-%2875561%29

Can you please repost your question in there? I can't guarantee a response to your question but please be assured the dev team is paying very close attention to this.