PDA

View Full Version : The new WarTornEngie!

WarTornBird
12-17-2011, 12:30 AM
I tried SL a while back and soon realized I had a strong dislike. I died so often and I wasn't used to dying like that. PL has laid its MMORPG eggs on me and I plan to keep it that way.
HOWEVER, I will give SL another shot.
Any tips or advice would be nice :)

Draco Mikato
12-17-2011, 12:38 AM
SL is more team oriented. And it will be a bit more difficult to find cooperating public players to work together with, because most, as I had seen, aren't doing too well when they start out... I may dedicate the next month to helping some people starting out. Search the forums for the Pay It Forward guild. They are dedicated to helping lower levels and they are all experienced members on an alt.

Classes strongly must fulfill their roles.

Eng = Support (heal, buff) and is an excellent class to start with. Because stims, SL's equivalent of potions in PL, are rather expensive.
Commando = Tank (eat damage, aoe)
Operative = single target damage, dps, good for bosses

Still, all classes don't do so well solo as in PL. Well, it may depend on the player. But the basic idea is teamwork. Good luck!

SuRfY
12-17-2011, 12:42 AM
It would be better to advise if you let us know what class you are using.

javier995
12-17-2011, 12:47 AM
It would be better to advise if you let us know what class you are using.

Look at the title, if I'm correct it's an engi he's using.

Now for the engi, focus all your skill points on heals. Add the rest to buffs or dmg skills if you wish. Also always use engi gloves, they're better than pistol and rifle imo.

SuRfY
12-17-2011, 12:49 AM

Now for the engi, focus all your skill points on heals. Add the rest to buffs or dmg skills if you wish. Also always use engi gloves, they're better than pistol and rifle imo.

LOL. It could be a diversion. He/She could be a commando or operative instead. LOL. Maybe i should create a character and named it Elitecommando but use engineer class. LOL.

Draco Mikato
12-17-2011, 12:51 AM

I like the rifle because you can attack from a farther distance, which is good for avoiding damage and mob proximity as well. I believe having the damage high will also make your skills stronger. I haven't looked too much into it so I'm not sure. The gloves are a good balance. But I agree on concentrating skills on heals. Partial crowd control can be attained with supression.

javier995
12-17-2011, 12:52 AM
LOL. It could be a diversion. He/She could be a commando or operative instead. LOL. Maybe i should create a character and named it Elitecommando but use engineer class. LOL.

I've seen someone do that! Lol

He had commando in the name, but was an engi. Made me laugh so hard.

WarTornBird
12-17-2011, 12:53 AM

I planned on using an engie and I'm really looking forward to playing with the community thanks for skill builds as of now.

SuRfY
12-17-2011, 12:55 AM
I've seen someone do that! Lol

He had commando in the name, but was an engi. Made me laugh so hard.

Me too. That's why i asked. You certainly don't want to waste time explaining Empathy, Suppression stuff when he/she suddenly ask what's that and he/she only have force hammer or flames of insanity. LOL.

javier995
12-17-2011, 12:58 AM
I like the rifle because you can attack from a farther distance, which is good for avoiding damage and mob proximity as well. I believe having the damage high will also make your skills stronger. I haven't looked too much into it so I'm not sure. The gloves are a good balance. But I agree on concentrating skills on heals. Partial crowd control can be attained with supression.

The gloves have around (-4) - (-6) got dmg when you compare it to rifle no? Also don't they have more dps? Wouldn't that make it better? Having more dps and almost the same amount of dmg?

I've never heard about that higher dmg theory. Might need to check up on that myself.

javier995
12-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Me too. That's why i asked. You certainly don't want to waste time explaining Empathy, Suppression stuff when he/she suddenly ask what's that and he/she only have force hammer or flames of insanity. LOL.

Lol example of a convo

Me: You only need 1 skill for rev
She/he: What lvl do I get that on?
Me: Idr lol
She/he: Oh well is force hammer a good move
Me: Yea but only coms can use that, oh wait. *facepalm*

Lol xD

Draco Mikato
12-17-2011, 01:05 AM
The gloves have around (-4) - (-6) got dmg when you compare it to rifle no? Also don't they have more dps? Wouldn't that make it better? Having more dps and almost the same amount of dmg?

I've never heard about that higher dmg theory. Might need to check up on that myself.

Hmm... idk. With my play style, a support eng, I'm not strongly concerned with my dps output. I leave that to other classes. I like the gloves, no doubt though.

SuRfY
12-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Hmm... idk. With my play style, a support eng, I'm not strongly concerned with my dps output. I leave that to other classes. I like the gloves, no doubt though.

So you prefer a pure team player build or a hybrid player build? The first one will be customised in a way that you find it hard to survive alone and must be in a team. The second one is you can survive alone but does not contribute to the full potential as a team player, maybe half the potential.

Draco Mikato
12-17-2011, 01:21 AM
I keep in mind that this game is strongly team oriented. I never log on and plan to solo. Maybe with a super enhancer lol

I sure hope people will all work in teams with what their class is destined for.

There's a research somewhere on the forums where ellyidol studied that eng are the only class effective with rifles.

I recommend any weapon you choose your playing style to be. In fact, I have pre-loadouts in shield and pistol, rifle, and gloves. But I like rifle. :)

I predict it'd be very difficult for an eng to smoothly survive alone...

javier995
12-17-2011, 01:21 AM

I'm full support too. I can support and kill quickly which is awesome:)

So you prefer a pure team player build or a hybrid player build? The first one will be customised in a way that you find it hard to survive alone and must be in a team. The second one is you can survive alone but does not contribute to the full potential as a team player, maybe half the potential.

Actually, I know many pure engis who survive alone myself included. All you need is lots of stims! Lol

SuRfY
12-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Actually, I know many pure engis who survive alone myself included. All you need is lots of stims! Lol

The KEY word here is lots of stims. And it also depends if the 1st character is engineer in comparison to an alt. Because the first character will always find it hard in terms of credits and stims.

javier995
12-17-2011, 01:34 AM
The KEY word here is lots of stims. And it also depends if the 1st character is engineer in comparison to an alt. Because the first character will always find it hard in terms of credits and stims.

Lol I know they're the key words, I put them bc imo that's all you need:).

When I had only 1 character during beta, I remember it was hard for me to buy 50 stims! I was low on cash since it easy beta, the only reason I got to buy a hundred stims is bc I did the easy delta runs to lvl up a bit xD

Draco Mikato
12-17-2011, 01:38 AM
I guess i'm not as hardcore lol my teams don't need stims most of the time. I like co-op

SuRfY
12-17-2011, 01:40 AM
I forgot one very important thing. Disable autolevelling if you have not done so. Very important.

Anishavie
12-17-2011, 01:55 AM
i am a damage and support engi

i use gloves for style though(and lots of vanities)
i dont use buffs only debuffs and heals

the engi is the best in pve in my opinion
i never wasted one stim with my engi
i wasted a lot of stims with my op

javier995
12-17-2011, 02:05 AM
i am a damage and support engi

i use gloves for style though(and lots of vanities)
i dont use buffs only debuffs and heals

the engi is the best in pve in my opinion
i never wasted one stim with my engi
i wasted a lot of stims with my op

Well op generally has low armor, that's why you need lots of stims.

SuRfY
12-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Well, if you dont mind dying a lot of times, u can don't need the stims completely.