PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking...

Paar
12-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Why do we as humans have selfishness?

We dont get something we want and we get mad and angry.

We dont like something we get mad/angry.

I understand its our nature, but lately I've been getting a little ****ed on the forums , because of all these, I hate Dev Threads and Im mad at the devs!

I know I have no room to talk I was just saying those things the day the update came, but I've thought hard on the subject and changed my mind.

I'm seriously thinking about quitting the forums if this negitivity dont stop.

I relized the devs do hard work for us Players , I mean They May not have all the time in the world to make what each individual wants but there good at what they do.

If ya'll are wondering why everythings plat now, check out the economy. You older people would know.

I'm just asking don't blame the developers for all the little things, There games are still addictive and great as ever!

If so many of you are complaining then why you buying plat, and spamming elixers and going to winter events and buying Plat packs and Yada yada yada?

It's your choice to buy those not the devs, so please just cooperate with me on this.

Leave Feedback (Not a Flame War, please!)

~Paar

TheChairmaker
12-17-2011, 01:08 AM

I understand its our nature, but lately I've been getting a little ****ed on the forums , because of all these, I hate Dev Threads and Im mad at the devs!

I know I have no room to talk I was just saying those things the day the update came, but I've thought hard on the
subject and changed my mind.

I relized the devs do hard work for us Players , I mean They May not have all the time in the world to make what each individual wants but there good at what they do.

If ya'll are wondering why everythings plat now, check out the economy. You older people would know.

I'm just asking don't blame the developers for all the little things, There games are still addictive and great as ever!

If so many of you are complaining then why you buying plat, and spamming elixers and going to winter
events and
buying Plat packs and Yada yada yada?

It's your choice to buy those not the devs, so please just cooperate with me on this.

~Paar
I ken what you say about the economy - if you watched the news for a while for the first time ever, you'd be forgiven for thinking the world was approaching the end. I completely agree with you, Paar. The dev teams of SL and PL are very involved with their communities, and DESPITE conflicting ideas and feedback they still do their best by the players and try to keep everyone happy. Isn't that the brighter side of human nature?

Draco Mikato
12-17-2011, 01:16 AM
I thought their games can be played without paying a cent. People get mad over the extras... there wasn't as much passion for happiness when they announced all the mid campaigns on PL will be free...

Take a minute to just put yourself in the shoes of the devs. (Not directed at OP)

Paar
12-17-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks
Guys!

Cahaun
12-17-2011, 01:24 AM
Agreed. Humans are naturally selfish and that'll be our curse for the rest of our lives on Earth. These devs work hard on this company and try to do their best for everyone. I think it was a major drop to plat sales when the main story spine came out for PL; by the devs for the players. Flip asked joined some people's games and asked us if we liked Vularia, any thoughts and questions, and before he left after answering our questions, he offers all the current antennas. These developers love to work with us. If the world wasn't ruled by childish rulers that can't talk to each other without killing someone, this game would be like a dream to lots of players.

ItsCas
12-17-2011, 02:06 AM
I agree with OP 100%, don't get me wrong I myself don't really agree with the recent plat per run holiday thing, but that being said i think the devs are getting the bad end of the stick. They are real involved in the community and i think listen to their players real well. Hell, I've never even bought plat before, I've saved up from tapjoy offers and twitter contest win etc and i have never once really had an issue with anything plat costing. I'm only lvl 63, and I have had alot of fun leveling up with friends and messing around in game and meeting new people, isn't that what it's all about? as much as I'd like to have some of the "extras" I do realize its just a game and I'm thankful they listen to their community so well, and allow me to play free of charge from start to finish. - sorry so long

MightyMicah
12-17-2011, 02:26 AM
I agree however, I think it is mainly the WAY that the devs are making their money that is ticking people. For instance check daily deal in pocket legends. Is that really necessary? As well people wouldn't mind paying a butload of plat for WF permenantly, but when we feel "nickel and dimed" to death its discouraging.

Gaddy
12-17-2011, 03:11 AM
In this game there is a small element of Pavlovian conditioning at work. W are used to things as they were in the past, they provided us with the " rewards " we sought for certain actions. The nature of the actions we must perform are changing, and some can no longer perform those actions, or think they are being unduely put upon, to get the "shiney things"...

Also, add to this that in the past the dev's have proven that if people scream loudly enough, they would often change the rules to accomidate the vocal minority.

Given these conditions, it's no surprise to me that any changes that restrict the players access to" free goodies " would be met with a lot of rage and resistance...

Just my opinion, though...

G

TheChairmaker
12-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm actually ecstatic you can play games as amazing as these free, especially during this economic downturn. I personally am not allowed Platinum, but I think that the Plat stuff is just add-ons, mostly for vanity. If you want to do that, K, but isn't it enough to have such epic (in both meanings of the word) free games?

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 10:47 AM
I am a negative person.
I like to be brutally honest.

And let's be brutally honest: The community makes the game.
PL isn't even the best mobile game out there.
O&C is. But OC isn't the top dog because their community is horrible. And their devs don't pay attention to anything O&C players have issues with. Which is kinda the path PL is taking now, imo.

Sorry for the negativity. I like your positivity, and it's one of the many flaws I have as a human being.

Paar
12-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Im sorry to ask these "noob" Questions but, whats OP & O&C Mean?

Cahaun
12-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Im sorry to ask these "noob" Questions but, whats OP & O&C Mean?
I think O&C means Order and Chaos (If it has a terrible community and developers, how is it better than STS's games?) Which costs money to play I think (let me check again)
OP means official/oppening post like the first one that started the thread.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 11:07 AM
I think O&C means Order and Chaos (If it has a terrible community and developers, how is it better than STS's games?) Which costs money to play I think (let me check again)
OP means official/oppening post like the first one that started the thread.

What I'm saying is the gameplay is better.

kallima
12-17-2011, 11:34 AM
In this game there is a small element of Pavlovian conditioning at work. W are used to things as they were in the past, they provided us with the " rewards " we sought for certain actions. The nature of the actions we must perform are changing, and some can no longer perform those actions, or think they are being unduely put upon, to get the "shiney things"...

Also, add to this that in the past the dev's have proven that if people scream loudly enough, they would often change the rules to accomidate the vocal minority.

Given these conditions, it's no surprise to me that any changes that restrict the players access to" free goodies " would be met with a lot of rage and resistance...

G

YOU have stated several times that the community is crying out for FREE items, not only in this thread but others as well. Please read the majority opinion before stating a blatantly false statement. What we want is a flat one time fee for access to WinterFest that is not linked to boss kills. Give us 1-4hour access for 30-50 plat or an all access plat for 500plat. Those figures are mine but the idea has been stated by many.

And yes, we ARE vocal would you rather us be silent when asked for feedback? How about we stop voting too? I mean, only a small minority vote in local elections etc, do you consider or call those that do their civic duty by voting, i.e. VOICING THEIR OPINION, screaming ragers too?

BTW, the game that you so adamantly defend and those features you love? Thank the community and the devs for listening, because without our feedback (that you call raging and screaming) some of them would have never been put in place.

Ayc2000
12-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Yes, they have been working their "best" but what is their "best"? It seems that their best effort is less than what it used to be. Don't get me wrong, I love the devs and this community, but I like how it was when the "best" was when all pl players were amazed by the campaigns, when there were no sloppy dungeons and mobs, and when the devs actually listened and used our feedback. I'm starting to notice a less fun environment in forums and in game. It seems to be more of a distant, business like relationship. I will continue to support them, but my enthusiasm to do that is declining too. Blame it on the economy, the money, whatever, but now it seems that sts makes players who don't buy plat have the lowest quality game play to make them buy plat. Yeah, it's an option, but when everyone else around you has plat, it's harder to enjoy the game. Just my $.02 :/

Udiemorenoob
12-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I think that if you want to play the #1 mobile
Mmo which is free-to-play and all game content(other than pvp maps and vanity items) is free thanks to STS making the "main spine" free. Nobody should be complaining.. If you are very lazy and hate the game because you want more inventory slots or mad because you cannot participate in a special event for vanitys that will likely be worn only a couple times is simply selfish.. With all the amazing and enormous amount of content that has been worked on for countless hours by the development team, they should without a doubt be paid for their hard work and not be "flamed" for needing the support from us to continue providing everyone this content..
I understand that new vanities are hot...for a minute...but with so many of them they never stay in style for to long.. Besides is it just me or are rabbit ears and hooch hats just as cool as any other vanity? They were even nice enough to give us any "tradeable" vanitys in the first place for the players who simply cannot afford plat. As if not generous enough, they even added tapjoy for those players so that they could atleast get a platinum item they might have wanted for some time.. Very considerate of the dev team right?
I think as it is right now the plat items And prices are as they should be. Somebody who wants to spend $5.00 on one vanity item should be able to enjoy it without haters saying "plat buyer"! Anyways.. Who knows, as generous The dev team Has been to provide tradeable vanitys, tapjoy, main-spine and even gcd to help the new players have a chance in pvp it would not be a suprise if they have new content comming that might encourage non-plat buyers to feel rewarded in some way.
Just keep in mind you are playing a game that you can gain max level in, attain max cash, play pvp and ctf in, get the "best"engame gear and all of that without ever buying any platinum. People really have room to complain? Two words. NOT COOl.

Paar
12-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Nicely said udiemorenoob!

Gaddy
12-17-2011, 02:18 PM
YOU have stated several times that the community is crying out for FREE items, not only in this thread but others as well. Please read the majority opinion before stating a blatantly false statement. What we want is a flat one time fee for access to WinterFest that is not linked to boss kills. Give us 1-4hour access for 30-50 plat or an all access plat for 500plat. Those figures are mine but the idea has been stated by many.

And yes, we ARE vocal would you rather us be silent when asked for feedback? How about we stop voting too? I mean, only a small minority vote in local elections etc, do you consider or call those that do their civic duty by voting, i.e. VOICING THEIR OPINION, screaming ragers too?

BTW, the game that you so adamantly defend and those features you love? Thank the community and the devs for listening, because without our feedback (that you call raging and screaming) some of them would have never been put in place.I'm sorry you disagree, but my post was just my opinion, based on some well known and well observed psychological principles. You can disagee with with my choice of words, if you like, you can even use even more words in capital letters to prove you're not raging, if you like, but my argument will remain psychologically sound...

Best,
G

mejslll
12-17-2011, 02:24 PM

I know I have no room to talk I was just saying those things the day the update came, but I've thought hard on the subject and changed my mind.

If so many of you are complaining then why you buying plat, and spamming elixers and going to winter events and buying Plat packs and Yada yada yada?

~Paar

Paar great post!!! hey the world is not perfect - old saying it is what happens to you in life it is how you handle it!!!

i think the devs have been doing a great job... keep it up

kallima
12-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry you disagree, but my post was just my opinion, based on some well known and well observed psychological principles. You can disagee with with my choice of words, if you like, you can even use even more words in capital letters to prove you're not raging, if you like, but my argument will remain psychologically sound...

Best,
G

Then maybe base your "opinion" on actual feedback and NOT arbitrary formulations. Go to the WF feedback thread and count how many posters screamed for WF to be free, then count how many actually said make it 30-50 plat not linked to boss kills or an all access pass for much more plat.

You are entitled to your "opinion" but base it off actual information.

Rare
12-17-2011, 02:33 PM
...I relized the devs do hard work for us Players ,...

That's weird. I see it a different way.

It is, as they so kindly pointed out, a business. Don't get me wrong. I HAVE NO BEEF with anything the devs have done. The day I have a real beef, or run out of plat, Ill stop playing. I don't blame them for wanting to make money. I would do the same in their shoes. Maybe I don't agree because I have to pay.

Anyhow, lets not kid ourselves. Its always about the bottom line.

I do love this game. I don't so much like the direction it has gone, but for the forseable future Ill probably continue playing.

Rare
12-17-2011, 02:45 PM

G

Can you explain how Pavlov's experiments apply to your argument. I don't quite see it. At least not in the way you presented it.

Gaddy
12-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Then maybe base your "opinion" on actual feedback and NOT arbitrary formulations. Go to the WF feedback thread and count how many posters screamed for WF to be free, then count how many actually said make it 30-50 plat not linked to boss kills or an all access pass for much more plat.

You are entitled to your "opinion" but base it off actual information. Free, cheaper, whatever... Incidentally, YOU are the one saying that I think everyone wants it all for free - all I said in this thread was "free goodies"...
I've read all 15 pages, bro. I still feel the way I do. You are far more emotionally invollved in this than you probably even realize. I called it raging, but again, thats just a word...

Again, sorry that you disagee, but I'm losing interest in this verbal sparring with you. Lets just say you win, OK?

Gaddy
12-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Can you explain how Pavlov's experiments apply to your argument. I don't quite see it. At least not in the way you presented it. Maybe I should have used BF Skinner rather than Pavlov in my post, but I thought that more ppl would have heard of pavlov than skinner...

Heck, all MMO'S use these principles to entice us to keep coming back, spending money or supporting tapjoy.. They keep us salivating when we hear the bell (DROID sightings for example), keep hitting the "feeder bar" (farming parties are doing little more than this...) There are other instances of this, subtle, and not-so-subtle all throughout PL and all games that are "free to play". It's how they make their money- by using these proven principles to entice us to keep playing, to keep us feeling good about spending our time and money, and to keep coming back for more.

Thanks for your interest. This is an area of study and thought that I'm very interested in!

kallima
12-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Free, cheaper, whatever... Incidentally, YOU are the one saying that I think everyone wants it all for free - all I said in this thread was "free goodies"...
I've read all 15 pages, bro. I still feel the way I do.

...it's no surprise to me that any changes that restrict the players access to" free goodies " would be met with a lot of rage and resistance...

G You are far more emotionally invollved in this than you probably even realize. I called it raging, but again, thats just a word...

Again, sorry that you disagee, but I'm losing interest in this verbal sparring with you. Lets just say you win, OK?

Free, discounted - whatever? Those are two entirely different things.

As for the free comment, reread what I quoted in your first post. You stated it, I corrected it. I don't mean to verbally spar but when someone states a gross generalization or takes things out of context (to support their own argument) I get upset. If that was not your intention, my bad. I would be equally peeved if I said "I don't like Labrodor Retrievers" and someone then said "You don't like all dogs." Two different things, just as free and discounted have two different definitions, hence why they are not synonymous.

@ Paar - good thread, though I don't agree with all your statements, the sentiment was there. PL friends is what makes PL great.

mafiainc42
12-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Lmfao this is a mmo, whatcha want everyone to look alike everyone to be able to do everything everyone else can do. un heard of in any true mmo ive ever played,if u ppl want instant gradification. Go play angry birds and you tube every lvl. wake up ,Quit crying and smell the coffeeeeee...

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 04:00 PM
I thought their games can be played without paying a cent. People get mad over the extras... there wasn't as much passion for happiness when they announced all the mid campaigns on PL will be free...

The free content was a business move, because they noticed a massive stack of players stuck at dark forest content. In a effort to stimulate plat purchases, the devs made more content free, so that players were more inclined to buy, because they got deeper into the content. In my opinion, the devs have made a lot more money off that move then the previous market tactic.

The previous way was a lot of one time transactions and very cheap vanities. I personally bought all the one time transactions and many of the "extra's". It was a costly investment when I first started playing the game, but beyond that, I never really had any need to spend plat, other then the occasional skill respec. So 50 bucks the first month then 3 months of virtually no platinum purchases.

The new market provides all(most for pl) content free, but everything from vanities, elixirs, faces, hair, respawns, weird dungeon exp passes, ect got a lot more expensive. Yeah all of them are extras, but for extreme mmo'ers, the content only lasts for so long, then the only fun thing left to do is make a very unique character. Which has gotten pretty easy with nonstop events for platinum, and Dotd's with uber rare vanities. So it went from one big investment to a nonstop flow of platinum purchases.

^^ Which there is no problem with that. I don't mind spending money on platinum to get very unique vanities or advantages like more inventory spots or auction spots. The only thing I don't like is that it seems content isn't getting better. I don't know if it is from being a long time player, and seeing much repetition, but the new maps just have not been fun. I know that is not the case for others, some people absolutely love the new content. That is their opinion, my opinion is that it is the same thing, with some higher hp and new look. SL, for example, the brand new Planet Valarie dungeon was super fun for a few hours. But after seeing the same mobs and bosses, I got really bored. The only thing keeping me going was the value of loot. Which is now not even worth that much. You can get a 2k brand new drop, or get lucky and get the super nice vanity drop. There is no middle ground

So all in all - I'll sum up my mumbling into one clear sentence.

I don't want free content, I'm not begging or flaming, I want fun content that lasts more then a few hours, and I am willing to spend platinum for that, just not nonstop platinum events.

mafiainc42
12-17-2011, 04:25 PM
I can see the points made about creativity but do not forget u are playin on a phone and yur phone is not a console nor a pc, limited space limited creativity

Udiemorenoob
12-17-2011, 05:03 PM
In my short perspective i feel that i enjoyed the game much more when it was all about getting full cyber and farming pinks in victory lap. The fact that i enjoyed PL at that time more than i do now tells me that they did something wrong somewhere..allthough i cannot play pl/sl anymore i think the next campaign should be focused more on unique boss fights(it seems all of the bosses since ao3 are kind of the same) that will require alittle more than kiting at the wall(ema) or standing in a still orb for a few seconds.. We want suprises! Mount fang and nuris circus clearly had alot of time put into the making of them, but i feel it was still similar to past content which takes away the excitement.
In nuris hallows i felt it was just a bunch of shiny cool circus stuff thrown all together to make a quick campaign. I dont know if my standards for a mobile app are simply to high, but i feel the game is just re-worked content that is redesigned with a new theme. Idk what ideas to give really, just more exciting bosses and maps made with a new grid so they dont seem like the same dungeon from another campaign with new details. I would definately recommend an endgame quest like the cyber quest in ao3...
The new campaigns, once you reach the second to last lvl are all about grinding to lvl cap. I think for alot of players it is a longlasting goal to keep them playing, but for sone players it is to enduring to even think about getting 100k exp especially if they have no plat... That is why i recomend a rewarding multi-part quest for players to feel like they have options in what they will do that day. Ok i will stop at that seems how i said my "short" perspective i dont know if any of this sounds good but it gives more options for the devs to consider while making the next campaign, though im sure they allready have many great suprises coming.

Ayc2000
12-17-2011, 05:57 PM
To those people who say it's an option to buy plat, for the hundreth time, we know! But have you ever seen a single non plat buyer with those elite vanities? Probably only the ones who can play 24-7...don't keep saying that ohh everyone has an equal chance to do whatever, cause it's not true. And don't say that it's worth having the main spine free because it's oh so wonderful when the last few campaigns have been only a fraction as good as the old campaings back when we had to pay for them. People who don't buy plat are the underdogs, I can't even pvp because everyone else has a crafted set AND an elite vanity bonus. I can't level because I don't have a credit card or all the time in the world. So now the choice is either buy plat or have a not as good experience.

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 06:25 PM
To those people who say it's an option to buy plat, for the hundreth time, we know! But have you ever seen a single non plat buyer with those elite vanities? Probably only the ones who can play 24-7...don't keep saying that ohh everyone has an equal chance to do whatever, cause it's not true. And don't say that it's worth having the main spine free because it's oh so wonderful when the last few campaigns have been only a fraction as good as the old campaings back when we had to pay for them. People who don't buy plat are the underdogs, I can't even pvp because everyone else has a crafted set AND an elite vanity bonus. I can't level because I don't have a credit card or all the time in the world. So now the choice is either buy plat or have a not as good experience.

it was confirmed by a dev..

We don't want people to buy plat all the time (well, we do but we don't think that is realistic).

No Whirlzap, it is not. We've decorated the entire land. We give away a free antler hat. Last month we gave away Mt. Fang. We just gave away four chromebooks and several 800 plat packages. We're trying to balance out a good business with a game that, for some reason, people feel entitled to get _everything_ for free in.

Not listening to your customers still..

Still listening, just not posting as much. Drop rates in WF are huge, if you want to farm it over and over to sell your pinks to other players, by all means do so. If you want to get in and out and score a few nice holiday items, it should not cost you too much at all.

What does that mean?

Ohhh,, get filthy rich by spending platinum

Orrr... stay poor and don't spend platinum.