PDA

View Full Version : the first boss meathhead on the 4th level

mAdvillain
07-19-2010, 07:34 AM
mabe im just a total noob, but i cant seem to do ANYTHING with this guy on my own
its like his long sword traps me in a vortex of a getting hit over and over and i can bearly escape once he starts layin into me

it makes it nearly impossible for me to do any substantial damage to this guy without using my bow for long range shots so i can run away from him will shooting him

^^ is that the only way to beat this guy solo or do you HAVE to attack this guy with other players?????

anyone got any tips?:cool:

Royce
07-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Unless you are a higher level player who can kill him quickly and withstand his damage, you are not going to be able to solo him with any other tactic unless maybe you have a tank character. This game in general was designed for team play, and not soloing.

Cascade
07-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Royce pretty much summed it up :D You pretty much have to be in a team or be a high lvl to solo him.

KingFu
07-19-2010, 11:35 AM
You can solo him, don't get too close, run away, and don't look back, unless you're a pure tank, then you can't. I usually see people doing this even in AO, lmao, we've all been there once or twice. I soloed Rl'oxx once, I had to run though....

BeardedBear
07-19-2010, 12:59 PM
I can help you kill him if you need a hand. Add BeardedBear to your friends list.

kavanah
07-23-2010, 09:17 AM
I've been soloing him as a warrior since lvl 7 or 8. I keep just enough str for my items and pour the rest into dex. I make sure to pull him far away from the other guys, then I use stomp on him furiously. Keeping him away from me as much as possible. I also eat about 5-10 health potions in the process. Now at lvl 13 I can solo him without using a potion. I bought the 1plat lvl 5 axe that has 1m/s and far more superior dps than any other weapon until the 2plat 2handed sword at 15. So that plus making sure i'm wearing top vendor armor each level really helps. I also keep 80-90 potions on me at all times. I have 1100 kills and 1 death (due to lag out sadly) and I just hit lvl 13.

bladesword
07-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Do u mean the pvp one or the normal one?

Snakespeare
07-27-2010, 03:16 PM
I used my Mage Bear, Snakesbear, to take him out, first try at 4th level... by running and shooting and not letting him hit me.
I think you would need a lot of health pots to take him on as a tank level 4.

I used health pots to take out Harpo solo at level 13. It took about 30 pots. I would tap a pot, tap to hit, tap a pot, tap to hit, tap rage, tap a pot, tap to hit, etc. It cost a lot, but I did it, and then I did a snoopy dance! LOL! I think we need an emoticon for a snoopy dance.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/missb396/snoopy_happy_dance.jpg