PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break!

im4broke
12-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Hey guys,

Due to recent events I'm not going to be playing PL no where near as much as I used to. I feel I've outgrown PL and needed something more enjoyable. This was my first MMO and the decision was a really easy one. I'm at home when playing and have a PC, so why play a mobil when I can get more from LOTRO on my PC. You can catch me riding horses and fighting goblins there. I have two characters as of now, one a guardian named Ymi a level 15 Dwarf and a Rune-Keeper named Ymii level 13 also a Dwarf. Below is just a couple of screenshots of my fun.

Riding a horse.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k529/im4broke/Riding.jpg

Some awesome fireworks set off somehow by a level 75.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k529/im4broke/WowFireworks.jpg

Just out exploring and found this really amazing waterfall.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k529/im4broke/OpenCountry.jpg

And of course I found a friend here, some little hobbit burglar that is really good at fighting!

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k529/im4broke/Meandafriend.jpg

btw, can be found on the world server Gladden.

Ablueelf
12-17-2011, 03:25 PM
LOTRO is sooooo cool

Cascade
12-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Im downloading it right now! Looks cool!

EDIT: Hmm..isnt working to well I can't setup it up for some reason. :/

Elyseon
12-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Wow nice, looks cool, I may take a break from PLs recent disappointments as well

im4broke
12-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Im downloading it right now! Looks cool!

EDIT: Hmm..isnt working to well I can't setup it up for some reason. :/

It's a realllllllly big file...took me overnight and the first time I goofed something up and had to restart with a new email address.

Wow nice, looks cool, I may take a break from PLs recent disappointments as well

Kinda of like free roaming, there are boundaries but the place is HUGE! I started in one town district that I thought was big until I went to the next town, and the next, and the next...only to find my map country was only a tiny portion that will be available as I level. I've been in three different map countries and all are huge and there are way more...think of you start in one state in the USA there 50 of those that make one country, then three or more that make a continent and so forth up to worlds...I think you can get the picture that way. Tolkien was a master at imagining this stuff.

Skeletonlord
12-17-2011, 04:27 PM
This game does look really awesome! I'd love to give it a try soon!

Otukura
12-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Uh oh. Finals next week + just heard of this....

Is there any PvP in it? If so, all out support for me.

30 minutes left*, stopped some... other files. Would you recommend any class in particular??

Cascade
12-17-2011, 04:50 PM
I tried to open the setup.exe file and it said that it couldn't open the file? :/

Ablueelf
12-17-2011, 05:58 PM
LOTRO IS SO SICK!(: I might be quitting the forums too.....

Ayc2000
12-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Maybe it is time for a new game...

swordlover
12-17-2011, 07:09 PM
YYou think that's cool download. World of Warcraft

Uepauke
12-17-2011, 07:28 PM

30 minutes left*, stopped some... other files. Would you recommend any class in particular??

Oh yes, it's got pvp! And you can spar with a friend any time as well. I'm not sure which classes are best as there are so many things you can do but the rune keeper can go damage or heal before combat, my lore master is great fun as a crowd control class with companions that upgrade as you level. When I was in town, almost tried to attack someone's bear lol. And, yeah, you can rent or buy horses, buy a house (expensive!), take up different crafts... Just sooo much.

im4broke
12-17-2011, 08:02 PM

Yes on PvP, they name it a little differently...PvMP I think it was.

im4broke
12-17-2011, 08:05 PM
I tried to open the setup.exe file and it said that it couldn't open the file? :/

Try their forum (http://www.lotro.com/support/), down at the bottom is a link for problems installing.

Whaha
12-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Good to see you two still playing! Not In PL tho:(

Uepauke
12-18-2011, 08:37 AM
*hugs* hey wha! I been missing you in PL, man! You playing much online games?

Uepauke
12-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Just reading about the World of Midgard *HMMM*! Dragon mounts...

im4broke
12-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Good to see you two still playing! Not In PL tho:(
Hey Bud! Yeah, you have to change things up sometimes to still get that feeling of excitement and discovery. I will still play PL when some new stuff comes, just not going to get any more plat. This Lotro is really wicked, there is soooo much more to do there it boggles the mind. And Wiki has way too much for me to even think I could learn all about one character. Hope to see you soon Bud!

StompArtist
12-19-2011, 12:02 PM
What kind of rig do you need to run this?

Whaha
12-19-2011, 12:55 PM
*hugs* hey wha! I been missing you in PL, man! You playing much online games?

Haha, quite a lot going on at this stage. But yeah, sure Ill try to catch up with you guys in your new game. May be after Chirstmas.:beguiled:

Hey Bud! Yeah, you have to change things up sometimes to still get that feeling of and discovery. I will still play PL when some new stuff comes, just not going to get any more plat. This Lotro is really wicked, there is soooo much more to do there it boggles the mind. And Wiki has way too much for me to even think I could learn all about one character. Hope to see you soon Bud!

Yes! That sounds awesome! I enjoy being a noob. LOL

Cascade
12-19-2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

That site tells you if you can run it or not. Cya in LOTRO my IGN is SorrowBarron

Otukura
12-20-2011, 12:04 AM

Don't need one :p

I actually got bored quite quickly, I hate the channeling for some skills, prefer stuff that happens as soon as you click, etc.

Uepauke
01-07-2012, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Whaha;516845]Haha, quite a lot going on at this stage. But yeah, sure Ill try to catch up with you guys in your new game. May be after Chirstmas.:beguiled:

Oh goody! That would be cool :)