PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone!!

ZHEOTARE
12-17-2011, 05:38 PM
I came back on here because I heard there were a lot of complaints about the Winter Festival (I have some of my own). I wanted to see what peoples overall feeling of the pay per run, and some of the other issues, was. I also wanted to see what the devs response was to any issue, both positive and negative would be. Here are a couple of things I noticed so far...

Forum police is a big phrase now.

The overall feel of the forums seems to be more positive. There are a few exceptions to this, but that is to be expected.

The devs only response to people's criticism has been "We have a business to run". Like the current state of PL, this answer lacks creativity.

There are a lot of good players quitting, or thinking of quitting. This should be a sign to the devs, or at least to the more casual fan.

There are also a lot of people that made post that they were quitting, then logged on that night to play. They also posted again on the forums. Way to stick it to the man!!

These are just my initial thoughts. I plan on making a thread in a bit, or tomorrow, on my feeling about PL. Right now, I'm going to spend the money I would have spent on plat to buy something meaningful for someone on my Christmas list.

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 05:40 PM
In general - as a company, if you do something that causes a loss in business, something should be done to fix it. Some companies get a bad rep by appealing to the masses and kicking the loyal customers in the curb. We can't point any fingers though, but the masses certainly are buying the two plat needed for the event.

ZHEOTARE
12-17-2011, 05:56 PM
In general - as a company, if you do something that causes a loss in business, something should be done to fix it. Some companies get a bad rep by appealing to the masses and kicking the loyal customers in the curb. We can't point any fingers though, but the masses certainly are buying the two plat needed for the event.

Very true. As much as I don't like the pay per run concept, I have spent some plat doing them. Mainly because I know I'm not buying anymore plat in the future, so I figure I can use up what I have. I don't buy any vanities (thank Big Luck for that), and most of my plat was spent on elixirs. Once my bear hits 66, I figure to have between 300-500 plat left.

However, I really haven't farmed much because it's disheartening paying two plat every time.