PDA

View Full Version : A troubling quote with troubling implications

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
" We have read and heard all this before. We are doing our best, and we really hope you like the game, but if our efforts don't satisfy your needs we understand if you want to go elsewhere. "
- Justg

See the last post here (locked so I can't quote it).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45762-Open-Letter-to-Devs-Regarding-Winter-Festiva-and-other-topics-already-addressed.

I'm asking for more clarification on what this means.

This kind of a response does not bode well at all. Does this mean that as a community, if you don't like our feedback, it's best off it we quit PL/SL altogether?

Ayc2000
12-17-2011, 06:19 PM
I want to know what thier best means, cause if this is their best, it's not as good as I remember it to be

largecommand
Sigh, I wouldve quit PL by now. But I got nowhere else to go. Like first I started playin Runescape. Then found out about Darkorbit. I started playing DO and rarely Runscape, I go on just for the events for runscape but nothin else. Then found out about PL. Barely Played DO and Never played at all.Even for the events. I mean just wait....Once I find something else to play Ohhhhh Its goodbye PL. Hate to say this and leave the community.

Pharcyde
Basically, it's the professional way to say "Don't let the door hit you on the way out"...

Otukura
12-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm taking it exactly like that, I'll still lurk, drop in game from time to time to see friends, but it is LOTRO until Diablo 3 for me.

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm taking it exactly like that, I'll still lurk, drop in game from time to time to see friends, but it is LOTRO until Diablo 3 for me.

I'm not sure Blizzard-Activision is great either; their content is good, but some of the experiences I have seen...

Plus the new game is not mod friendly either.

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm at a loss right now. I'm looking for a casual game that is good. But none seem to exist anymore. I wish I could play extreme MMO's, but I don't think I can afford to give up anymore of my time to a lifetime videogame.

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm at a loss right now. I'm looking for a casual game that is good. But none seem to exist anymore. I wish I could play extreme MMO's, but I don't think I can afford to give up anymore of my time to a lifetime videogame.

It's the reason why most of us are still here.

I wrote a long an in depth post on the matter.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44958-The-future-of-PL-...-long-term-recommendations-my-most-important-post-for-this-year

It would appear to be one of the most popular posts around. But the fact that I did such a thing should give you an idea of how much I want this game, this community to succeed.

Have you ever seen the Battletech universe?

They aren't very welcoming to new players, but among the older ones ... many have been fans for over 10 or 15 years and have kept playing, many after marriages growing up, and a bunch of other things. In fact, they are so dedicated that they even modded a game to create their own because nobody would make another Mechwarrior series.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 06:35 PM
LMAO I just now read it.

Takin' off soon.

Aikiebo
12-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Does this mean that as a community, if you don't like our feedback, it's best off it we quit PL/SL altogether?

No, he was not responding to the "community". He was responding to one person who was saying that he didn't like the game at all, he didn't like the graphics or the gameplay - that he was only here cuz he had friends on the forums - but if they quit he is gonna quit too.

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 06:37 PM
No, he was not responding to the "community". He was responding to one person who was saying that he didn't like the game at all, he didn't like the graphics or the gameplay - that he was only here cuz he had friends on the forums - but if they quit he is gonna quit too.

There are far larger implications than to one person on what he is saying - I think he was addressing the entire community with this one.

Gaddy
12-17-2011, 06:42 PM
There are far larger implications than to one person on what he is saying - I think he was addressing the entire community with this one.I think you are wrong and you are only hearing what you want to hear. He was talking specifically to one person.

largecommand
12-17-2011, 06:43 PM

It's the reason why most of us are still here.

I wrote a long an in depth post on the matter.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44958-The-future-of-PL-...-long-term-recommendations-my-most-important-post-for-this-year

It would appear to be one of the most popular posts around. But the fact that I did such a thing should give you an idea of how much I want this game, this community to succeed.

Have you ever seen the Battletech universe?

They aren't very welcoming to new players, but among the older ones ... many have been fans for over 10 or 15 years and have kept playing, many after marriages growing up, and a bunch of other things. In fact, they are so dedicated that they even modded a game to create their own because nobody would make another Mechwarrior series.

HOLY CRAP. Thats long. Toke me 10min to read the whole thing!

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 06:45 PM
HOLY CRAP. Thats long. Toke me 10min to read the whole thing!

And me several hours to type. But it should give you an idea of how strongly I wanted this to be a brief period of difficulty.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 06:45 PM

Didn't say I didn't like it, I said quote me here, "they aren't that great."
I guess I don't like it. Which is why I'm taking off.

I'll be back if STS can do a turn-around.
Hopefully it's never, because I feel quite disgusted by the response, the man probably skipped the part where I said "I'll quit if my friends quit" which they are right now. And he gives me a "please quit" when I already am quitting.

I've spent quote me here again, at least more than 100$ on this MOBILE game.
That's 50$ too many for the product STS is putting forth right NOW.

I'm sure others are too, just visit the coming and goings section.

Brutal Honesty. <3

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 06:47 PM
I think you are wrong and you are only hearing what you want to hear. He was talking specifically to one person.

It would appear that way until you knew the old JustG. Before.. he was.. Just.. Soo freakin G. Now hes Just Gone. He makes very very specific nasty posts, when before, he used to be cool to talk to.

I understand you are newer Gaddy and don't see eye to eye with us veterans. I see your side as a new player, and I can see how it is very easy for STS to win new players hearts when something much more devious is going on behind the scenes.

Edit: Yeah I saw you joined 2010. But you have to be around STS, a lot, to see the changes that has happened.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 06:49 PM
I think you are wrong and you are only hearing what you want to hear. He was talking specifically to one person.

I am anti STS.

So, I am biased.
You seem to be Pro STS, so you are biased.

Don't want to bring RL into the argument, but it's the only way I can think of right now.

Say, someone kills a person in...some city. The government and justice system of the city/state/country do NOTHING to respond to this.
Won't you say this implies that they'll let other people kill off others, with no consequences?

I'm a realist.
And I like to be brutally honest to the point where it get's annoying.

Soz.

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I am very anti STS. After dropping 500+ on a mobile video game, after spending countless hours helping the community, after praising the devs every step of the way, they reply back by saying this is how it is, take it or leave it. I wanna know the exact date that STS turned sour - Oh thats right, the same date O&C was released and STS immediately started making serious changes in the community to compete.

Pandar
12-17-2011, 07:02 PM
He was specifically talking to one person with a giant list of demands and I think some of you are being like tabloid writers and blowing things out of proportion.

Guys, this game isn't made for just one person. It is made for an entire community of people, and it is also a business. Businesses change their game plans based on what will help bring in revenue and at the end of the day - you vote with your wallet. If the majority of the community is happy to spend money on X, then X is going to stay. If no one buys it, then it'll probably go.

I'm not saying that your guy's feedback isn't being listened to, or isn't being taken seriously - but in some cases remember that you might be a part of the vocal minority and JustG is acknowledging to that specific person that he can't make every single one happy.

We have programs like AoA and GoA and special events and even just the existence of the forum itself is evidence that STS cares about it's core community and pays attention to it.

kallima
12-17-2011, 07:02 PM
It would appear that way until you knew the old JustG. Before.. he was.. Just.. Soo freakin G. Now hes Just Gone. He makes very very specific nasty posts, when before, he used to be cool to talk to.

I understand you are newer Gaddy and don't see eye to eye with us veterans. I see your side as a new player, and I can see how it is very easy for STS to win new players hearts when something much more devious is going on behind the scenes.

Edit: Yeah I saw you joined 2010. But you have to be around STS, a lot, to see the changes that has happened.

THIS^^ JustG used to joke and banter with us, if he disagreed he do it in a humorous way to get the point across, now the responses are curt and a bit cold. No playful banter, no witticisms countering our counterpoints. Maybe its' the stress of 3 games, maybe it's the holidays, I don't know but we def want the old G man back.

Aikiebo
12-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Didn't say I didn't like it, I said quote me here, "they aren't that great."
I guess I don't like it. Which is why I'm taking off.

the man probably skipped the part where I said "I'll quit if my friends quit" which they are right now. And he gives me a "please quit" when I already am quitting.
\

I hope you do not quit. But, his post was in response to what you were saying. You said at least 8 times how much you disliked pl and sl and then talked about quiting. What do you want him to say? And in other posts also you said the same thing.

People keep asking for better content but lower plat prices. How does anyone think that is possible?

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 07:06 PM
He was specifically talking to one person with a giant list of demands and I think some of you are being like tabloid writers and blowing things out of proportion.

Guys, this game isn't made for just one person. It is made for an entire community of people, and it is also a business. Businesses change their game plans based on what will help bring in revenue and at the end of the day - you vote with your wallet. If the majority of the community is happy to spend money on X, then X is going to stay. If no one buys it, then it'll probably go.

I'm not saying that your guy's feedback isn't being listened to, or isn't being taken seriously - but in some cases remember that you might be a part of the vocal minority and JustG is acknowledging to that specific person that he can't make every single one happy.

We have programs like AoA and GoA and special events and even just the existence of the forum itself is evidence that STS cares about it's core community and pays attention to it.

Dear Pandar,

I feel that a bunch of people agree with me.
Actually I feel that I agree with a bunch of people.

I'm definitely not speaking for myself.

I'm speaking for the GoAs that are leaving (StompArtist, DRH [break]), apparently WhoIsThis and Pharcyde agree with me.
Lowlyspy did too, where is he now?

I'm sure I obviously don't have any say whatsoever in what you do, as a noob, but WhoIsThis?

What I'm saying is do something about it.

See ya in 2013 Pandar.

Aikiebo
12-17-2011, 07:07 PM
There are far larger implications than to one person on what he is saying - I think he was addressing the entire community with this one.I think you are wrong and you are only hearing what you want to hear. He was talking specifically to one person.

Yes, this is exactly right. WhoIsThis, how is linking to a locked thread and purposly trying to spread drama going to help anything? What else was justg supposed to say? He said he was going to quit if his friends quit.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 07:09 PM
I hope you do not quit. But, his post was in response to what you were saying. You said at least 8 times how much you disliked pl and sl and then talked about quiting. What do you want him to say? And in other posts also you said the same thing.

People keep asking for better content but lower plat prices. How does anyone think that is possible?

We're actually bantering about better content, and pricey gold elixirs that match the plat elixirs.
I don't care about the platinum prices, I didn't, but the quality STS is putting out, from someone who's played through all the campaigns but MF, that started 1 year and several months ago, does not match any of the standards they have set.

I study economics in college and THIS is my problem.

HOW can you raise prices, SO MUCH, and release quality content that is SO LOW compared to their standards they've set, and EXPECT NOT to get any trouble?

Oh right, theres plenty of kids with plenty of money who just don't care.

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Yes, this is exactly right. WhoIsThis, how is linking to a locked thread and purposly trying to spread drama going to help anything? What else was justg supposed to say? He said he was going to quit if his friends quit.

I maintain that what he said has very troubling implications. If you can't see what's happening ... well, I have nothing further to say to you.

Aikiebo
12-17-2011, 07:19 PM
HOW can you raise prices, SO MUCH, and release quality content that is SO LOW compared to their standards they've set, and EXPECT NOT to get any trouble?

STS games win award after award. There is nothing wrong with the quality. Several people just today, say they can't find a better one.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 07:23 PM
STS games win award after award. There is nothing wrong with the quality. Several people just today, say they can't find a better one.

Like I said, no competition, there are 2 MMOs that are OK for mobile, PL, O&C, with OC being cheaper and graphically advanced, just brought down by it's own devs and communities..

Can someone say realist?

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 07:24 PM

Because STS is a award chaser. Aikie you need to wake up and smell the coffee bud. Or stop trying to convince us otherwise. Your level of experience with STS is minimal, and you are very biased. I have chosen a side after much though and consideration to ALL sides. Sooo do your research or stop saying the same thing over and over again.

Azamaster
12-17-2011, 07:33 PM
It's amazing how many complaints there are in these forums. Just because you guys have "been with STS since the very start" doesn't mean they automatically have to cater to your every need. It's a business, not a charity for workers to donate all their time and money to make the 1% of players who are actually on the forums happy. So the weapons in Nuri's Hallows are spears, which have already been used. Do you expect STS to invent a new kind of weapon? A new terrain that doesn't even exist? Slash the prices of vanity pets just because you're jealous of the people who can actually afford it? There's no legitimate reason to complain about these when the people who buy them are no better off than the ones that didn't. Elixirs too expensive for you? Power leveling "frowned upon"? Some people don't have the patience to spend countless hours grinding to the maximum level. Do they not have the right to spend THEIR 40 plat to get an elixir that will level them up faster? Will it really kill you if someone gets to 66 faster than you? You guys need to stop thinking the world revolves around you and "everyone" (or about 20 people of the millions that play SL). What is in this for STS? I was personally stunned by the new Voleria campaign. It includes beautiful terrain, completely original enemies and bosses, new items, and a great new challenge. But since not every campaign is as great as AO3, you need to complain? Please. I dont care if I have a horrible reputation after posting this. Go ahead and flame. But just think about what I have said.

kallima
12-17-2011, 07:37 PM
...Will it really kill you if someone gets to 66 faster than you? You guys need to stop thinking the world revolves around you and "everyone" (or about 20 people of the millions that play SL). What is in this for STS? I was personally stunned by the new Voleria campaign. It includes beautiful terrain, completely original enemies and bosses, new items, and a great new challenge. But since not every campaign is as great as AO3, you need to complain? Please. I dont care if I have a horrible reputation after posting this. Go ahead and flame. But just think about what I have said.

Ummmmm, yeah...we are talking about PL. AO3 doesnt exist in SL nor has it been around for a year. Most PL users play SL too and have seen the awesome graphics and the maps and just want the same graphics with equally different maps.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 07:38 PM
It's amazing how many complaints there are in these forums. Just because you guys have "been with STS since the very start" doesn't mean they automatically have to cater to your every need. It's a business, not a charity for workers to donate all their time and money to make the 1% of players who are actually on the forums happy. So the weapons in Nuri's Hallows are spears, which have already been used. Do you expect STS to invent a new kind of weapon? A new terrain that doesn't even exist? Slash the prices of vanity pets just because you're jealous of the people who can actually afford it? There's no legitimate reason to complain about these when the people who buy them are no better off than the ones that didn't. Elixirs too expensive for you? Power leveling "frowned upon"? Some people don't have the patience to spend countless hours grinding to the maximum level. Do they not have the right to spend THEIR 40 plat to get an elixir that will level them up faster? Will it really kill you if someone gets to 66 faster than you? You guys need to stop thinking the world revolves around you and "everyone" (or about 20 people of the millions that play SL). What is in this for STS? I was personally stunned by the new Voleria campaign. It includes beautiful terrain, completely original enemies and bosses, new items, and a great new challenge. But since not every campaign is as great as AO3, you need to complain? Please. I dont care if I have a horrible reputation after posting this. Go ahead and flame. But just think about what I have said.

Actually this is one of the most sensible posts Pro-STS yet.

We aren't saying that they've been here from the very start.
They're saying, they've invested TIME, MONEY, and...love(???) to the game of PL.

We're saying: if you weren't here at least a year or maybe a lil' less you wouldn't know exactly the decline of PL from it's best days to now.
I know that's a little bit biased, actually a lot biased, but from a person who's experienced dead low (Mynas Gen) to new high (AO3) and now this new low and the decline of PL, I think I should have a little say instead of being written off by some proSTS nonsense post.

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 07:39 PM
It's amazing how many complaints there are in these forums. Just because you guys have "been with STS since the very start" doesn't mean they automatically have to cater to your every need. It's a business, not a charity for workers to donate all their time and money to make the 1% of players who are actually on the forums happy.

A business cannot remain a viable business without keeping the bulk of its customers happy. If the forums and my in game indications are any trends ... well, the sheer volume of complaints should give you some idea of what is happening.

I have not been here from the start by the way, but you clearly are used to paying for lower quality content than at its peak and much more than we are.

Azamaster
12-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Mhm... Already the two replies only criticize the parts they can prove wrong. "Pro-STS" has some bad connotation like I'm supporting a dictator or something. How "nonsense" am I really just because I haven't seen every little move STS has made? I mention SL in one teeny part of my post (which is still STS even if the thread is PL).

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Mhm... Already the two replies only criticize the parts they can prove wrong. "Pro-STS" has some bad connotation like I'm supporting a dictator or something.

LOL, how?
If any, ANTI-STS should be the bad connotation.

JTLYK.

Azamaster
12-17-2011, 07:48 PM
As I already said, the people on the forums aren't "a bulk" of the customers here. The small percentage of people who have actually been here for a long time are not even close to a majority of the people playing PL and SL.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 07:51 PM
As I already said, the people on the forums aren't "a bulk" of the customers here. The small percentage of people who have actually been here for a long time are not even close to a majority of the people playing PL and SL.

Definitely not, but I assure you, the majority of players in PL are upset over the changes.
Maybe not in SL, where it's all good...kinda, but in PL it's viva la revolucion.

Azamaster
12-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Just because all the end-game guilds agree (again, a biased majority) doesn't mean a majority of people would. I'm sure if you asked people who you actually knew wouldn't tell you what you wanted to hear, you would get quite different feedback.

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Aza, you're going to find that if you talk to the players who have invested the most amount of time in PL (and thus the most profitable customers) that things are not going the way that they would like. I have nothing further to say to you. Yes, the forums only represent a minority, but I know that there are many others who share our views.

Sorcererssoul
12-17-2011, 07:56 PM

Definitely not, but I assure you, the majority of players in PL are upset over the changes.
Maybe not in SL, where it's all good...kinda, but in PL it's viva la revolucion.
Agreed, there used to be 20-30 persons online on my friendlist now it is 10 if I'm lucky. And everyone I talk with is far from happy. I started playing pl since April but even I can see they are clearly taking the wrong path here...

Azamaster
12-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Just saying, I'm not trying to annoy people and start an argument. I'm just putting my opinion out there for others to think about. And even though I have only been around since May, I know enough that I'm not completely blind to what has gone on in the past.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Just saying, I'm not trying to annoy people and start an argument. I'm just putting my opinion out there for others to think about. And only though I've only been around since May, I know enough that I'm not completely blind to what has gone on in the past.

Haha, you're really not annoying anyone.
We're all just trying to prove a point sensibly, which the devs can't seem to do right now.

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 08:02 PM
There still is just enough people paying to be profitable... It wont be until STS falls out of the black that they will make a change.

Azamaster
12-17-2011, 08:04 PM
That's basically STS's entire argument wrapped up in one post. If the majority of the people really were against STS, they would definitely know. I'll admit they aren't changing much at all, and they won't unless the true majority starts to boycott platinum.

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 08:05 PM
That's basically STS's entire argument wrapped up in one post. If the majority of the people really were against STS, they would definitely know.

I repeat - just enough.

It is obvious business is down compared to last year.

last year, the holiday event was HUGE.

This year, so little maps are open with people farming. Not nearly as many investors for the holidays.

So yeah, they know..

Aikiebo
12-17-2011, 08:08 PM

Because STS is a award chaser. Aikie you need to wake up and smell the coffee bud. Or stop trying to convince us otherwise. Your level of experience with STS is minimal, and you are very biased. I have chosen a side after much though and consideration to ALL sides. Sooo do your research or stop saying the same thing over and over again.

Pharcyde, I can see that you have considered both sides of this situation. That is very true.

They wouldn't have won those awards if they didn't deserve them. Weren't you one of the ones who said they couldn't find a better mobile mmo? If, I'm wrong, I apologize. But, I thought it was you who said that you would quit and play a (pc) game if you had the time in your life to devote to it.

PL is not as massive as massive mmo's. It's a game for the phone. And yeah, it is the best one going right now. And STS is trying to keep it that way.

People keep asking for better content AND cheaper plat prices. How does anyone think both those things can happen?

And, yeah, I have list of grievances. Very short, yeah, but it's there. I just havn't wrote my post yet, cuz, I wanted to play the xmas map a legitimate amount of times before I formed all my opinions.

But, I can't buy all the things that I want to. I cannot afford to buy enough plat. When they raised the high-level xp anywhere elixr to 60 plat an hour, I felt like I had my teeth kicked out. I was so genuinely thrilled in real life that I can now xp in maps that were fun for me instead of being spoon fed content. I really was so happy. I mean feeling joyous. But then - POW. I spent the next few minutes picking my teeth up off the ground. Cuz I can't afford 60 plat for that, 40 for luck and 36 for 4x (or even 14 for 2x combo).

I was so sad. Then after few minutes, a feeling of relief washed over me. Cuz at that point I realized that I didn't have to feel guilty about not buying more plat. I've boughten plenty, but always wished I could buy more both for my sake and sts's sake. So, I just became content with playing alts when I get a hankering for these other maps.

But, yeah, like others I was looking forward to xmas. Had no idea was gonna be 2 plat a run. I thought someone was joking when I first saw that. I can't buy any more plat in Dec. I still need to get to 66, but can do that in Jan. So, I was thinking I'd use up the plat that I got. But, if I have to also do 40 plat an hour to get any pinks, I'm not going to be able to play xmas that much. So far no luck elixrs bought = no pinks gained.

But, why should I be MAD at sts because in my personal life I'm not in a position to buy lots of plat. This is not their fault. Sure I wish things were cheaper. But, if things were cheaper, they''d just have to come up with other ways to get plat. But, it is not their fault, I cant pay this kind of money to play.

It seems obvious to me, that they have a customer base that can afford to pay that. If that's true, why aren't people happy. We should be estatic, cuz they paying more of the bills than I am. (I would buy more if I could).

They are not being greedy. They have to make money for:

1. All operating expenses including
2. Salaries
3. Basic profit
4. Profit to satisfy their financial backers
5. Millions and millions to produce all this QUALITY, EPIC, CREATIVE content that everyone is clamouring for.

Samhayne said that not only do they have big plans for PL and SL but also making new games IN ADDITION to Dark Legends.

New games IN ADDITION to Dark Legends.

Why? Idk for sure, but I bet it is because there are many games being developed that will be competitors. STS HAS TO STAY AHEAD OF THAT.

STS not being greedy.

And, I've done research, actual research about this matter. I'm not any more biased than anyone else. Everyone saying the same thing over and over.

Azamaster
12-17-2011, 08:09 PM
That wasn't the beat choice of words. I guess I should say the problems aren't serious yet. They would be changing hugely if there were really problems.

Aikiebo
12-17-2011, 08:25 PM
There still is just enough people paying to be profitable... It wont be until STS falls out of the black that they will make a change.

First off, if this is true, why does creating all this drama so important. If people really loved the game, they would not be creating all this drama.

If PL is really going to fail and then make changes, then the changes will be made.

But, see, I think you looking at things a bit backwards. Think for a minute. When they decided to do this 2 plat a run thing, they prob had a real good idea what many people on the forums were going to think. But, if so, why do it anyway. Why?, because they knew they had a large enough customer base to play. If we were in their shoes, we would not turn away a ton of profit for the company we were employed by for sentimental reasons.

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Pharcyde, I can see that you have considered both sides of this situation. That is very true.

I cut your post down to copy/paste for key points. But first of all, you officially won my respect Aikiebo.

Samhayne said that not only do they have big plans for PL and SL but also making new games IN ADDITION to Dark Legends. - Yeah the devs already had massive plans for all these games. I remember JustG saying at one point in time that they had all the level caps already planned out to level 100 on all of their games.

Why? Idk for sure, but I bet it is because there are many games being developed that will be competitors. STS HAS TO STAY AHEAD OF THAT - We saw this big time with the release of Order and Chaos. A lot of players switched from PL to O&C. This is were a bulk of the issues started because STS made massive business changes to compete. A act of balancing - keep up with the market while not crapping on the vets.

But, why should I be MAD at sts because in my personal life I'm not in a position to buy lots of plat. This is not their fault. Sure I wish things were cheaper. But, if things were cheaper, they''d just have to come up with other ways to get plat. But, it is not their fault, I cant pay this kind of money to play. You should be mad. I would understand if sts invited you with the intentions of spending big bucks in the game. But through falsified advertising and a shift in marketing, it has trapped many many many players very devoted to the game, who cannot afford to keep up at the rate prices in game are rising.

People keep asking for better content AND cheaper plat prices. How does anyone think both those things can happen? By a shift in marketing. A good business can be very flexible in pricing and quality. It would be one thing if STS was suffering in the pocket, but we know they are not. They are seeing a very hefty profit. STS is insanely good at advertising and marketing. They take advantage of peoples wants and needs to be unique. One way is to sell a 5 dollar jetpack, 5 dollar balloon, 25 dollar pet, 25 dollar vanity omni thing, ect. It was a very successful move, because players are willing spend to look unique.

PL is not as massive as massive mmo's. It's a game for the phone. And yeah, it is the best one going right now. And STS is trying to keep it that way. They have one major advantage over all others. They are the first of their kind in virtually all aspects. That is why they get soo many rewards.

Weren't you one of the ones who said they couldn't find a better mobile mmo? Close enough :P. I said I came back because it was the only casual MMO that wasn't charging 250-400$ a month. My issue with STS is not the pricing of things, it is the lack of respect we got from them when we brought some key points up.

Anyways, I kinda had a http://content.bandzoogle.com/users/blackvegasofficial/images/content/Mind_Blown.jpg Moment with Apollo earlier. I don't know what to believe anymore. Soo I'ma just sit back and watch.

First off, if this is true, why does creating all this drama so important. If people really loved the game, they would not be creating all this drama.

Because we wanna see the game continue to be great.

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Actually, in their shoes, I'd consider the long term. As a business owner, I'd want a large happy base of customers that was very loyal. Brand loyalty is a great insulation for competition and a reliable source of revenues.

What I'd be interested in knowing is - what would have happened if they just charged a reasonable one time fee for the winter levels? They may very well have made more money.

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Agreed

Aikiebo
12-17-2011, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE]My issue with STS is not the pricing of things, it is the lack of respect we got from them when we brought some key points up.

Because we wanna see the game continue to be great.

First off, I want to apologize to all. I made a pledge to keep my posts shorter. I just got carried away and hit submit before even hardly reading it. I didn't mean to do that. Guess old habits die hard, lol.

So, in that spirit, only gonna respond to couple things. And that is basically I forget to add this to my previous post. I think, at least for me, the biggest problem with the 2 plat per run thing was the SHOCK, the SURPRISE. I mean, there were so many people looking forward to xmas runs. People were ending posts on all subjects, with "oh boy xmas almost here" or w/e. Stuff like that.

Because it was such a shocking surprise it was like, well, like being blind sided or sucker punched. So, while, I totally understand why they doing the 2 plat per run thing. (I havn't made my full post to explain why I understand), I do agree, with what Pharcyde was saying about should have had bit more respect.

It would have been a billion times better, if they had approached the community and given us a heads up. I think that, while many still wouldn't have like it, it might have been better understood if we had been treated respectfully.

They didn't mean to be disrespectful, but that is how it landed.

We all want the game to be great. But, all this drama is NOT gonna help anything.

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=Pharcyde:515370]
We all want the game to be great. But, all this drama is NOT gonna help anything.

Sadly the drama was a last ditch effort to try and help the game. I, as well as many other players am moving on. Back to Order and Chaos, and Cannot wait to spend some money at World of Midgard when it comes out in January.

noobmigo
12-17-2011, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=Aikiebo;515393]

Sadly the drama was a last ditch effort to try and help the game. I, as well as many other players am moving on. Back to Order and Chaos, and Cannot wait to spend some money at World of Midgard when it comes out in January.

Yup, yup.

mackjack
12-17-2011, 10:02 PM
@Aikiebo:

You love throw numbers around as if you are privy to STS' financial data (cost millions and millions to develop content; millions are playing PL). Where are you getting your data from exactly? If you are affiliated with STS, tell us, otherwise don't pull numbers out of random orifices.

By the way, if STS is smart, it does not take millions to develop content. They should have a level editor software in place, and it's a matter of having artists to create models and textures, and level designers coming up with dungeon layout and the placement of mobs, bosses, etc. And STS is sure the heck not hiring additional artists and level designers based on PL newest contents lately.

Also, given that SL and PL shares the same engines and code base, why cant SL's maps be retextured and released to PL with minimal effort and cost? Millions and millions for new contents? So again, where you getting your numbers from?

I'll put your name forth for GOA, since you're the type of person that STS loves these days: never questioning their actions, blind loyalty, and inventing statistics to defend their decisions. Yup, perfect candidate to be the bearer of light for the new STS.

Firead
12-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey folks,

Just dropping in a reminder that while you're free to share your opinions and debate, we do ask that you ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive. Tempers may flare, but please refrain from inflammatory or condescending comments.

Thanks!

Gaddy
12-17-2011, 10:48 PM
I see we've degenerated into name-calling and mocking now. Well, it was a productive discussion while it lasted...

Pharcyde
12-17-2011, 10:49 PM
By the way, if STS is smart, it does not take millions to develop content. They should have a level editor software in place, and it's a matter of having artists to create models and textures, and level designers coming up with dungeon layout and the placement of mobs, bosses, etc. And STS is sure the heck not hiring additional artists and level designers based on PL newest contents lately.

They did spend like 2million on the game engine. No one knows if they have paid that off yet or not, we can only assume they have based on how many players there are and how many of them on average make some sort of platinum transaction.

(Could also be 1mil, can't remember and it was a ancient post about the game engine and investment.).

Elyseon
12-17-2011, 11:07 PM

Does this mean that the mindless buyers win out? They spend little to no time on forum cuz they are busy in game, always will for new gear for bragging rights and pvp. Im sorry if this is the case, which it seems to be, but then would forums even be needed they wouldnt care and it would save STS money.

MightyMicah
12-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Wow. Our community is contradicting itself. Great job guys. I wonder why exactly the devs didn't like responding to peoples questions? Now I know. Because they get stabbed in the back. Instead of poking at a minor implication lets try and take things at face value ok?

The devs aren't stupid. They got our feedback. Honestly I believe they really have tried to change the way they talk to us. Pandar specifically has commented on several threads. Before Pandar I saw no one comment on threads.

We can't expect them to drastically change the game right away. Everything takes time. Right now, it's time to give the devs some time.

Btw, someone mentioned JustG respinded coldly instead of kidding around. I wonder why. Go read that 300+ comment rage thread and the other multiple rage threads. Go read fatpigwarriors thread about how he hates the devs now. Nuff said.

~MM

WhoIsThis
12-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Does this mean that the mindless buyers win out? They spend little to no time on forum cuz they are busy in game, always will for new gear for bragging rights and pvp. Im sorry if this is the case, which it seems to be, but then would forums even be needed they wouldnt care and it would save STS money.

Mindless buyers are any businessman's dream. $$$

But going back to the original problem - the reply we got from the highest levels. Either it was an rash and frustrated post or it was truth - what they really think at this point.

If possible, I'd like any mod or if Justg himself reads this, to tell us - is it time for us to leave? If so, mission accomplished. Noob is now taking off.

Pharcyde
12-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Noob isn't the only one either. A lot of well respected players are leaving.

I plan to stick drama out, then immediately go to WoM.

Moogerfooger
12-18-2011, 12:27 AM

Ditto.

XghostzX
12-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Sadly, most likely for me too.

Blind
12-18-2011, 12:37 AM
^ now this is getting serious,

10+ forumers quit this week alone.

I'm gonna stay away from forums. Way too depressing.

Ellyidol
12-18-2011, 12:39 AM

^

At least until I finish the plat I already paid for.

I love it when people bring up price, when price isn't the issue at all. It's quality.

PS: you're as good as quitting if you stop buying platinum, which is what I'm doing.

XghostzX
12-18-2011, 12:39 AM
^ now this is getting serious,

10+ forumers quit this week alone.

I'm gonna stay away from forums. Way too depressing. Haha sure is bud. I'm not quitting, just may move on more away. I'm not sure, I'd like to see changes is all.

Zeus
12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
It's not that we want to quit. It's more like, we feel forced to because our MASS opinions don't even seem to dent STS.

Moogerfooger
12-18-2011, 12:45 AM
I love it when people bring up price, when price isn't the issue at all. It's quality.

Or if we think we are simply getting brushed off after being loyal supporters/plat buyers for a year and change, that helped get them to where they are in the first place. Pretty sure that is not in the curriculum of any business class I ever attended.

XghostzX
12-18-2011, 12:45 AM
It's not that we want to quit. It's more like, we feel forced to because our MASS opinions don't even seem to dent STS.
Yes, that's what I meant haha

Zeus
12-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Or if we think we are simply getting brushed off after being loyal supporters/plat buyers for a year and change, that helped get them to where they are in the first place. Pretty sure that is not in the curriculum of any business class I ever attended.

It is in the business curriculum class of that college in the movie "Accepted". :D

Elyseon
12-18-2011, 12:54 AM

^

At least until I finish the plat I already paid for.

PS: you're as good as quitting if you stop buying platinum, which is what I'm doing.

Same here, that and friends which are slowly becoming less of a reason as they decline in number

Otukura
12-18-2011, 02:37 AM

I quit in February :D

To be entirely honest, I played a F2P game before, with micro-transactions. 750 dollars later, I decided I'd never spend more than an one-time purchase on another.

Montanabro
12-18-2011, 05:11 AM
I began playing a couple of weeks ago and have found the game to be very enjoyable. In my ten-year plus gaming history, I have not come across a gaming creator as responsive to and interested in the views of players as Spacetime. Truly. Fun and challenging game, friendly people, accessible to new gamers and advanced gamers--Ill be around for a long while.

Justg
12-18-2011, 11:18 AM
My quote was directed at a specific player who had been insulting, highly critical and threatened to leave on multiple occasions. It has been a heart-breaking weekend for me, and I am sorry if some of my responses have been more curt than usual.

I really do regret that we did not broadcast this change earlier, and as Sam mentioned it was our intention that it would benefit the majority of players who were not interested in farming. We really do love you guys and want you to have a wonderful holiday season.

- g

WhoIsThis
12-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Okay, to begin with, I am glad that the original purpose of this thread has been solved. We now know that you have tensions with Noobmigo and that you don't agree with all of his posts (I cannot imagine that you agree with Pharcyde's nor mine either).

The next question is - do you want us to leave? By "us" I mean the bulk of the PL senior forum community. We have sent a very high volume of feedback and while not all of it has been civil, I think the consensus is clear. Several GoAs have even asked to have their titles removed.

The big question is: What happens next?

Justg
12-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Of course we don't want you to leave, and we have seen all of the feedback you have given. That does not mean we are going to change our pricing model, but it does mean that we will take a very serious look at it and how things were communicated.

WhoIsThis
12-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Of course we don't want you to leave, and we have seen all of the feedback you have given. That does not mean we are going to change our pricing model, but it does mean that we will take a very serious look at it and how things were communicated.

Very well - I hope that this brings real action and not words. Time will tell.

I will emphasize this since I have spoken it many times.

We, the veteran players of PL have spent hundreds of hours, and hundreds of dollars each in real money (and in a few cases, over a thousand US). That we did so indicates that we are willing to pay - provided that the content is worth the money that we pay for. Today, the overwhelming perception is that it is not.

SL right now is ok because the new release brought something truly new. PL though ... the past few releases have been underwhelming. We have the same mobs that have hit harder and with more hp. More or less that's it.

If it is not too much trouble, I would like you to read my long thread and give me some feedback:

The reason why the feedback has been so strong is because we care. We have each invested lots of time, energy, and money into both the forums and in game. Look at the coming and goings thread. It is filled with veterans. They are not leaving because they want to. They are leaving because they feel that there are no alternatives but to vote with their feet.

saool
12-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Pixel drama...
Just saying...
Don't get mad...

AbsolutePally
12-18-2011, 07:41 PM
It has been a heart-breaking weekend for me, and I am sorry We really do love you guys and want you to have a wonderful holiday season.

- g

:( This made me sad. I know you guys have a lot invested into this game... It means everything to you and we love you too that is why we care so much too. Families discuss things, good and bad. We are a family and we would like to get through this low spot together. I personally do not want to ruin you alls holiday season anymore than you would like to ruin ours. I know you are people too, people with hopes and dreams.

Elyseon
12-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Kinda off topic but can we atleast get the crafted orlok smoke fixed, i dont think thats too serious of an issue

Moogerfooger
12-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Kinda off topic but can we atleast get the crafted orlok smoke fixed, i dont think thats too serious of an issue

Maybe it doesn't need fixing :D

(I just like the Demonic flames better than the 65 crafted girly pink haze, lol)

Zeus
12-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Maybe it doesn't need fixing :D

(I just like the Demonic flames better than the 65 crafted girly pink haze, lol)

I'm just worried I might become intoxicated by the perfumes. I thought smoking was illegal till you're 21?

Moogerfooger
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm just worried I might become intoxicated by the perfumes. I thought smoking was illegal till you're 21?

It's 18, and I am beyond that. Lolz. I just feel so....pretty....with my girlie pink Sanguine haze. Long live Demonic flamezzzzzzz!!!!!

Zeus
12-18-2011, 08:52 PM
It's 18, and I am beyond that. Lolz. I just feel so....pretty....with my girlie pink Sanguine haze. Long live Demonic flamezzzzzzz!!!!!

Well, you could always always say that you're saving the Tatas. :D

Deadsoldiers
12-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Wow i read through hole thread took me an hour but it was worth it. Now we need to say if it werent only empty words that were used to make the veterans stay now we will wait for things happening. I am unhappy that youre quiting all but i understand why and if it goes on like that for the next months ill quite but i still have alot of hope

WhoIsThis
12-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Time will tell, dead.

In a few months, we'll know.

Justg
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Closed, this thread now is.

*click*