PDA

View Full Version : 2 new vanities for 2 plat... hmm....

Fyrce
12-17-2011, 07:11 PM
I was doing my usual posting when it occurred to me...

We are getting, with the Xmas content (ok, rehashed content) 2 new vanities for 2 plat.

The 2 plat entry (this is not clear from Dash R.) is for entry into either WF1:Winter Village or WF2:Toy Man Factory. When you do the purchase, your character gains an elixir that allows entry into either level. Ok, if you kill a boss (either the Toy Man or KillJoy), the elixir disappears but before that...

The Winter Festival has 2 quests, giving you one vanity each. The one in the Winter Village, from Prancy, does not require a boss kill. The one in the Toy Factory DOES require a boss kill. SO:

Do the Winter Village quest, collecting up your elves and go get your Snowflake wing. Does this in under 4 hours :p (BTW, you can use the same elf over and over if you reset the elves by talking to Prancy again. I always do this, since I usually have to reset just to start the quest.)

Now go to the Toy Factory, get your 2nd quest, and bash on the Toy Man. Do this in (4 hours minus the time spent on getting your snowflake wings). Turn this in to Father Frost for your Festive Tree Hat.

THERE: 2 NEW VANITIES FOR 2 PLAT.

So we'd be willing to pay, what, 10 plat for each new vanity? 20 plat for each new vanity? So now take your left over plat (18 or 38 depending on which number you like :P) and now get 9 (or 19) more entries to the Winter Festival for your chance at pinks.

Since pink drops are actually pretty common, you should be able to get at least a pink or so for the price you'd have paid for 2 new vanities...

I have no clue if this sounds better, but it seemed like an interesting perspective. It's still not unlimited like last year, but... anyways, just a different POV.

(And really, STS, you could have pointed this out to us dense types :p )

Gaddy
12-17-2011, 08:01 PM
U r a genius. Lol!