PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on DotD

maneatingtree
12-18-2011, 10:36 AM
So a couple of days ago the DotD was the Reindeer Antlers. This may have seemed odd because you could already get some of the same look for free. But those Antlers were from last years winter festival QUEST. This upsets me so much because this meens that there are bassically no items sacred to STS anymore. Isnt there some kind of rule against using QUEST items for DotD? This is Horible because the Reindeer antlers where the only Vanity that doesnt only give me +1 armour but also shows i have been playing for a very long time. So my suggestion is that STS does not make the last Holy veteran QUEST reward a DotD, but instead give it a +1 armour bonus that it is missing. This item is the original pumpkin helmet.
Thank you for reading this (if you do) STS. I am still going ro keep playing this game for a very long time and love most of the changes that are being made. This was the first decision that i disagree with simce the desision to rid of kill farming.

Samhayne
12-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Hey Maneatingtree,

Thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion. Some items from last year's Winter Fest were brought back through the Deal of the Day. This was to accommodate the many requests we get from people who see old items and write us asking if there is anyway they can get those items? We know that people who have them feel a little less special at new people having a way to get them. Our feeling is that the Deal of the Day is a good vehicle for this though. It's only available for 24 hours, so it keeps the item "exclusive" rather than the alternative of using the same item in the current content.

maneatingtree
12-18-2011, 11:12 AM
But now im down to only 1 item Sam :(. 1 way to show im a veteran player and ppl are supposed to ask where i get those because thats how conversations are sparked especially on my aoa char.

Samhayne
12-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I can see your point and your feeling. However, I'd also say that by showing off your collection of stuff you clearly show off that you're someone who has been around for a while. Others buying one of those items via the limited Deal of the Day doesn't take that much from you; at least in my opinion.

maneatingtree
12-18-2011, 11:20 AM
True i guess thnx for the nice feedback i see that STS still cares and your responses has given me faith in you guys o just wanna say thankyou *teary eyes*

saool
12-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Uhm at least, and hope this helps, you have a story behind your vanity items. Most others that got it through DotD are just going to say that... "Oh yeah I got it because it was DotD." :)

Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing, is gonna be alright. :)

Elyseon
12-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Technically the reindeer antlers aren't the same as the pumpkin cuz antlers were completely free. Snowman helm is more of the pumpkin head. Also why would anyone buy them as they are exactly the same as 2011, I mean they aren't tradable so there is no bragging rights

maneatingtree
12-18-2011, 01:56 PM
True but what if they change the look of them?

Slcinuup
12-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Way back wasn't there talk about a veterans helm?

Pinati
12-18-2011, 02:52 PM
They should do the beard hat things again and maybe do a pet on Xmas dotd

Register
12-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Even if other people have the vanity, do what I do! Never wear the newest vanity :D
I wont be putting my antlers on for a while, hehe.

Elyseon
12-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Way back wasn't there talk about a veterans helm?

Well theres the founders helm which was given to those who started the first month,

Also there was supposed to be a veterans reward system, i suppose after uve been playing for a year you would get a unique item, a new one after 2 years... etc